Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Just Joined  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Silverstone

• Apprentice/Gofer
Just Joined
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:57:51 AM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Bruce but I will be going by Silverstone on this site.  I came to this site by way of Solticegxpowners forum.   I am a 51 yr old miracle child :)  I say this because I recently had a benign brain tumor and went under the knife.  The surgeon gave only a 50/50 chance of survival due to the large size of the tumor. From the moment I awoke from the anesthesia I was speaking and doing everything perfectly.  The nurses were quite emphatic that I was making an incredible recovery and that they had seen a lot of things in the ICU but that I was special.  You don't think they were just trying to make me feel good do you?  So I'm back.  The scar is minimal and I was quite impressed with my surgical team.

OK, my vehicle is a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP, Red.  (I've also got a 1993 Mazda RX7 3rd Gen.)  I've got just about all the options except Onstar.  Funny thing is that I've got only about 3000 miles on the thing.  I had the recall performed when it was first announced.  I do oil changes myself using a set of ramps.  I'm kind of an Evans NPG+ coolant freak so will be upgrading to that in the near future.  The strawberry stuff is working for now.  Well, not sure what else to say right now so guess I'll sign off.

Silverstone (Bruce)

P.S.  I was introduced to the site by GXPinKC (Ron).  Special thanks go out to him.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: Just Joined
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 10:28:47 AM »
Welcome Bruce, you are a lucky man and need to enjoy your new life to the fullest.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:53:34 AM »
Welcome to Kappa Performance.com Bruce.  Thanks for taking me up on my offer to join here.  I believe you will find this place to be a friendly and informative place to hang out.  As I mentioned to you on the GXP Owners Forum, I am so thankful that you are in the process of recovery.  We all wish you Gods speed and pray that you have a full recovery.  It sounds like the surgeons did a really great job bringing you back from the abyss. 

As I have mentioned to you in the past, I am an emotional and sentimental guy.  We both joined Solstice GXP Owners Forum about the same time.  You joined there on 04-08-2006, I joined on 04-14-2006.  You were member#138, I was member#157.  That means we go back a long time together.  We both shared a lot on the old GXP forum.  Now, that you are here, lets let the past be the past but we are still able to have great memories of what was, but now celebrate the future!

We both own 2007 Aggressive Solstice GXP's.  Ain't life great....

Again, welcome my old friend, Thanks for joining this great forum.

Most sincerely,
Ron
GXPinKC

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:12:44 AM by GXPinKC »
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:15:26 AM »
Welcome,
I also have a 2007 Aggressive GXp one of the 1st few that left the plant, in 2006 before it was close for the IC update.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:32:54 AM »
Welcome to our forum!!!

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 12:52:03 PM »
Welcome silverstone! What a great story!  :yay:

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »
There ya are... :yay:   :lol:  Glad to see ya.
07 Deep GXP auto.  A lot of cosmetic upgrades but not enough performace mods. YET.

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 04:37:50 PM »
 Welcome 
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 05:05:42 PM »
   :dancing: :dancing:     Welcome Silverstons enjoy the Ride and a GR8 Forum      :dancing: :dancing:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 05:20:05 PM »
Welcome to the best Kappa forum on the net!  :cheers:

Offline Geos GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 06:55:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your ride all you can!
2007 Black GXP 5 Speed All options except OnStar

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 07:17:01 PM »
I don't understand this whole wind in your hair thing.
o wait, I'm bald
now I know what you guys mean
 :lol:

Welcome aboard Silverstone.  Killer story with the best ending.
 :award:

Offline idkfa

• Violent Jain
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • mostly harmless
    • Make
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »
Wow! WELCOME!!