Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: BC Racing BR Coilovers With Custom Spring Rates  (Read 17531 times)

Offline Carpe Diem

• Tech
Re: BC Racing BR Coilovers With Custom Spring Rates
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 06:12:37 PM »
Not sure anyone's reading, but I'll put it out there anyway.

I just got back from successfully installing my BC Racing coilovers, and slapping a quick alignment on my GXP.

I have to say this is a very worthwhile mod, and the BC's deliver a whole lot of performance for the money.

We used a hole saw to cut a little hole in the trunk so that the rear adjuster dials were accessible without removing the wheel.

Conveniently, the carpet was already cut in that location.  I will clean up the loose fibers and probably make a rubber grommet later.

(Image removed from quote.)

Anyway, a very worthwhile and enjoyable day.  I really believe the BCs are steal for the money.  The handling and neutrality of the car (and now adjustability) is really light years ahead of where I started.

Ben L, I know it's been nearly two years since you posted your great message about your BC install, but I'm hoping you can help me with mine.  I just had mine installed last week, and I haven't had a chance to drive it much yet. (Obligations and rain.)

I see from the pics above in your message that you cut your holes in the trunk bottom in the little bald spot (no carpet) next to the gas tank hump.  I believe that my adjuster knob on the BC's is touching, or close to touching the bottom that surface. Did you cut the holes before or after the shocks were installed?

I am afraid to just start cutting with a hole saw. Or even if a hole saw is the best tool (as opposed to a Dremmel or mini-jig saw??)  Of course I want to have the hole centered over the adjuster knob, but I don't know how to measure or position the saw.  And I don't know what the optimum diameter of the hole should be.  I'm guessing that the center of the hole should be just about at the edge of the carpet about midway in he 90 degree of the curve.  Would you agree?  Did you find the location to be close to identical on both sides, or did manufacturing differences cause the location to be slightly different on either side?

Can you give me any pointers?  Also, how did you finally decide to make a cover for the hole?

Thanks.

Don

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 06:16:52 PM »
Randy cut mine, and he used a hole saw.  It has to be big enough to get you fingers in there to do the adjustment.  We did mine after the install, and it is the back half of the bald area and the same amount from the carpeted area.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Vanguard

• Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 07:32:26 PM »
I actually bought these coilovers off of Ben :)

I put the coilovers on BEFORE cutting the trunk.  When I went to adjust them for the first time, I realized that the knobs were right up against the trunk liner.  That's when I ended up cutting it up.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 03:57:07 AM »
I have cut the holes in the truck also after installation of the KW V3 coilovers.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!