Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Three words I didn't expect to see  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Sky 5

• Master Tech
Three words I didn't expect to see
« on: May 04, 2009, 06:17:39 PM »
Was pulling the stock wheels off the Redline the other day getting ready to replace them  Got to looking at the data on the inside of the rim. Was shocked to find those infamous three little words stamped into the metal  :( MADE IN CHINA.  :( I suspect that the Solstice wheels are from the same manufacturer. Can anyone verify that?

Offline PubliusE

• Master Tech
Re: Three words I didn't expect to see
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 07:45:12 PM »
Was pulling the stock wheels off the Redline the other day getting ready to replace them  Got to looking at the data on the inside of the rim. Was shocked to find those infamous three little words stamped into the metal  :( MADE IN CHINA.  :( I suspect that the Solstice wheels are from the same manufacturer. Can anyone verify that?

You'd be hard pressed to find wheels that aren't made in China.  Up until three months ago the three words I never expected to see were, "Pontiac is Dead"    :gaah:
all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »
My GXP wheels came from China as well.  Not too surprising I guess, the EPA regs make it very costly to do some of the manufacturing like chrome plating here in the states. 
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Sky 5

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 08:28:40 PM »
You'd be hard pressed to find wheels that aren't made in China. 

Got some new 17" alloys, made in Germany. Scr@w China... and GM.

Offline Lucy'sDaddy

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
    • Lucy's cardomain page
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 09:02:49 PM »
The Eagle Alloys on my Monte Carlo Intimidator SS are made in the good ol' USA! That's one of the reasons I bought them.

lil goat

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 06:54:28 AM »
The car industry is a GREAT example of why our wheels are made in China, people who work in factories are in Unions and want outrageous pay, they get paid after they get laid off WTF, so the car companies can not afford to buy from them, if a US wheel cost just $5 more than a Chinese wheel and you make a million cars, that is 5 MILLION dollars. We have destroyed our own economy, also people just don't want to work in dangerous fields anymore in this country and I don't blame them, making wheels and chroming will kill you.

NCChuck

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 09:41:16 AM »
The car industry is a GREAT example of why our wheels are made in China, people who work in factories are in Unions and want outrageous pay, they get paid after they get laid off WTF, so the car companies can not afford to buy from them, if a US wheel cost just $5 more than a Chinese wheel and you make a million cars, that is 5 MILLION dollars. We have destroyed our own economy, also people just don't want to work in dangerous fields anymore in this country and I don't blame them, making wheels and chroming will kill you.

And now Obama has announced everyone will go to collage on the tax payer. Seems to me we need some less educated workers, like me, instead of all supervisors. Perhaps in 10 years your mechanic, plumber etc. will wear a suit with a collage tie.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 10:45:55 AM »

Actually goat that is 20 million more in our case, and 25 million in cars that actually have a spare.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 10:42:10 AM by Critterman »
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline PubliusE

• Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 10:44:46 PM »
Perhaps in 10 years your mechanic, plumber etc. will wear a suit with a collage tie.
.......... and that will be the end of the plumber's crack   :lol:
all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 12:17:34 AM »
.......... and that will be the end of the plumber's crack   :lol:

Knowing our government there will probably end up being some sort of subsidy to compensate the plumbers for their loss. :banghead:
2007 Aggressive GXP