Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New redline owner + mods  (Read 2002 times)

Offline skyguy1984

• Tech
New redline owner + mods
« on: May 13, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »
Everyone i am new here, seen a couple sky's and solstices locally so i decided to take the plunge and buy an 08 redline.

it is black with black and red interior.

just spent a ton on upgrades last week including,
steinmetz front grill,
jpm shifter,
westers tune,
solo downpipe with magnaflow exhaust,
hawk hps pads and some brembo fluid,
eibach street springs,
konig again 5 in opel finish with nitto invo's,
rpi intercooler,
a fatory spoiler,
stubby antenna,
hids headlights and fogs,
night shade for the turn signals, tail lights, and fog lights,
paint matching the silver window trim and silver soft top trin behind seats
race back bone and pro beam
got a few transformer decals for the rear of the car

i will be installing it all this weekend hopefully, and will post pics up, i dont have a few of the parts yet including the jpm shifter and spoiler so those will hopefully go on next weekend.
i will post up pics though hopefully this weekend or next

Offline GXPsy Rose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: New redline owner + mods
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 07:59:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum

Where are you located?
GXPsy Rose
2008 BRAZEN GXP w/GMPP tune
Ordered: June 1st 2007 & Delivered: July 20th, 2007

I LOVE MY CAR
NASSOA:  Founding Member #52

Go N.A.K.3.D..
"Life's too short not to drive a fun car"

Offline skyguy1984

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:01:43 PM »
bc canada

Offline Aspenrose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 08:14:32 PM »
Sweet list of mods!! I'd say you've hit the ground running, and have covered most all of the great mods!!

:ttiwwp:

We'll be waiting for pics, and if you have to wait a bit for that  JPM shifter, it will be very much worth the wait-Joe does top notch work!!

'06 NA -- Vin #6384 -- 106.5k miles
'08 GXP -- Vin #24073 --44k miles

Offline skyguy1984

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
Sweet list of mods!! I'd say you've hit the ground running, and have covered most all of the great mods!!

:ttiwwp:

We'll be waiting for pics, and if you have to wait a bit for that  JPM shifter, it will be very much worth the wait-Joe does top notch work!!

i've heard mixed reviews on the shifter, some love it and some say they don't notice a difference.

i have noticed these shifters are clunky as FU$#, i have missed shifting to third two times now at wide open throttle because it seems like the shifter doesn't like to go in smoothly at times...... is there a fix to this? i haven't missed a shift in years, but whenever i have a heavy load on the car and go WOT it is hard to shift into third for some reason...... i bought this vehicle brand new not used so it is not abused......

i'm thinking synthetic tranny fluid might clean this up a bit? or do they come stock with synthetic tranny fluid?

anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Offline skyguy1984

• Tech
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 08:56:18 PM »
also does dot4 brake fluid work with our cars? if i remember correctly dot 4 is non silicon fluid?

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 09:46:32 PM »
 Welcome 
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline KWhale

• Playing with my
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 01:14:59 AM »
Welcome to another  :ca:  That's a mess-o-mods you got happening already!  I have a JPM shifter, and I do like the way it shifts now.  It's not going to remove any clunkiness for you, but it will stop your hands from hitting the radio buttons when you shift....man that was annoying.  I think maybe as you get more miles on your new car, it will feel less stiff.  I know mine is fairly smooth, not perfect, but I've had worse, although I bought mine with about 12k kms on it already, so I don't know how stiff they are when new.
The most Northern Senior Member on the map!!!
http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?action=googlemap

lil goat

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 08:23:59 AM »
i've heard mixed reviews on the shifter, some love it and some say they don't notice a difference.

i have noticed these shifters are clunky as FU$#, i have missed shifting to third two times now at wide open throttle because it seems like the shifter doesn't like to go in smoothly at times...... is there a fix to this? i haven't missed a shift in years, but whenever i have a heavy load on the car and go WOT it is hard to shift into third for some reason...... i bought this vehicle brand new not used so it is not abused......

i'm thinking synthetic tranny fluid might clean this up a bit? or do they come stock with synthetic tranny fluid?

anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?
I love the JPM shifter and I do notice a difference, it is shorter and looks better too. I put Royal Purple synchromax in the gearbox, seems to have helped some, I don't know what the factory stuff was, the trans is from a Colorado pickup truck, pretty bullet proof but not the smoothest in the world.