Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Bad T-Map Sensor GMPP GXP Tune (What if scenario)  (Read 6515 times)

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Bad T-Map Sensor GMPP GXP Tune (What if scenario)
« on: December 21, 2008, 09:37:48 PM »
"MURPHY'S LAW"
Would you expect the Dealer/Vendor selling the kits to replace the T-MAP from another kit? Will they? Being the parts are not available except in the kit makes this a gamble on getting replacement parts. Down time, back to stock, back to tune$$. Anyone get 3 by mistake?
HMMMM?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:37:53 PM by DeepBlueGXP »
2007 Mysterious GXP Hard Loaded (all factory options avail. in 2007)
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Bad T-Map Sensor GMPP GXP Tune
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:48:55 PM »
You have a bad sensor installed in the car that came with the kit? I assume the car is not running. Who was it that did the install?
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 10:01:42 PM »
You have a bad sensor installed in the car that came with the kit? I assume the car is not running. Who was it that did the install?
Haven't installed it yet. I'm set up to install tomorrow but I'm having second thoughts! With my luck I'm wanting to be prepared for worse case.Think I'll have a second ECM programed with stock tune in the event something fails in the future. Not having access to extra/spare parts concerns me.
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 10:23:56 PM »
In this thread beginning at post #23 they talk about finding a source for the sensor. You can be sure that before long they will be available, if not through GM then through a different source. Remember that Bosch makes the sensor and not GM.

http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=95.msg1222#msg1222
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:49:34 PM by DeepBlueGXP »
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline spider

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 10:31:37 PM »
Thats a valid concern. I just replaced my OEM one a few days ago. 
Wow, replacement probably will be buying another entire kit. Hopefully we can all buy just the t-map soon!

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 10:43:11 PM »
Thanks for the info. Sly Bob. Hope you are right! I know the part #s have been out for a month or so and several people are looking. Just curious how a warranty on parts will be handled. Kit purchased on line but installed at dealer.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 11:36:37 PM »
Since this isn't about an acutal bad T-Map sensor, I'm changing the thread title to a What if scenario.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:38:34 PM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline spider

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Bad T-Map Sensor GMPP GXP Tune (What if scenario)
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 12:17:51 AM »
If there is not a warranty in the bag/box there won't be one. Electrical parts are non refundable after installation as a general rule. The dealership will only warranty the installation. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Since the kit doesn't come on the car from the factory... 

Offline Pep

• Founding Member
  • Tech
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 12:29:43 AM »
I'm guessing at this but if someone did have an issue with the sensors in the kit , probably the dealership would be able to get them directly from GM with the part number, even though they aren't an off the shelf part, but they would have to order it specially. I also would like to put a theory out thier to any one willing to research this, but it could be possible that Saab turbo models 2.0,2.2,2.4 vvtechs might use those sensors , but i'm not definite,but maybe someone familiar with these things could find out.

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 04:29:07 AM »
Warranty:  It's my understanding that the GMPP kit, sensors and all, will carry the balance of your factory 5/100 warranty if it is installed by a dealership.  If you're near the end of your warranty period or past your warranty period (unlikely), the kit parts and install are warrantied for 12mo's/12K miles.

Other applications for the sensor:  It appears these same TMAP sensors are used in the 1.9L turbo diesel Alfa Romeo 159 (still have to figure out if it's the 8V or 16V engine - or both).  Don't know if it has any other known applications at this time.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:30:16 AM by 2kwk4u »

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 07:21:10 AM »
Not sure if the dealer would warranty the parts since they were purchased on line. They will do the install and flash therefore should be covered under the 12/12. No different than buying a car at one dealer and taking it to another for service. I'll ask this morning when I take the car in. Can they get the part, and how long will it take? I will have them flash my second blank ECM with a stock tune and see if the new sensors can be installed in a way to unplug and plug in stock. The spare ECM was to be used for  future Westers tune and new sensors. Thanks again for the input.

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 07:45:57 AM »
Not sure you'll have any luck with the request to make it optional to plug in the old sensors.  The pinouts are different, and the plugs themselves are physically different :(  They would have to wire both female plugs on.  Not sure how that would weather over time.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 09:45:30 AM »
Do the new MAP sensors fit in the same slot as the old ones?
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 09:50:27 AM »
They fit into the slot the same, the wireing is different, you have to cut and replace connectors.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

lil goat

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 02:56:45 PM »
What if what if what if, what if you have a flat tire you don't have a spare. The sensors will be available eventually, no you can't just switch back to the factory tune or sensors. If a sensor goes bad GM will replace it, for free. I asked the Service Manager a few minutes ago, I was asking to see if he could get replacements yet. He told me they had to be ordered through the GM tech line, for now and you have to turn in the bad one. They may be available as soon as next month, they are in the system but I can't order them at my local dealer as of 2 hours.