Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Can we change the Bolt Pattern  (Read 9145 times)

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
Re: Can we change the Bolt Pattern
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 08:46:23 PM »
That's not necessarily offset. That can just be the shape of the back of the spoke. We see that a lot in the PT world. Just because a wheel will fit on a N/A PT, doesn't mean it'll fit over the turbo brakes. Same offset...

Thanks for addressing this LPT. I've been meaning to post aboout this all afternoon, but wasn't sure how to explain how this had nothing to do with offset. 
Aggressive #000741

Offline ThunderSky

• Upgraded Member
  • Tech
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »
I'm a bit conflicted about this whole idea. 

First, I think there a ton of great wheels available that will fit our cars.  Tire Rack has 4 or 5 pages of them, spanning the full range of real purty "2 Fast 2 Furious" streetfighter looks, to lightweight racing wheels that are rated and suitable for track use (more my cup 'o tea).  A very wide price range is represented, too.

What type of wheel do you want that has the wrong bolt pattern, anyhoo? 

Just curious, and do not take my musings about this post as criticism or negativity.  That's what's great about personal expression and the quest for beauty and speed.  If it turns you on, go for it!  Its your car. . . .

It's not about any particular rim , it just seems that every time I go looking at rims, there are lots of great rims that meet all the requirements (size, offset, even staggered sets) but don't come in our bolt pattern.
And although it would be nice to be able bring other options into play without the cost of custom rims, I do share your concerns about the process.
Lets not forget, this would also require drilling the rotors too.
So, thanx to all for the input. I guess I'll keep looking for just the right rims for ME.
ThunderSky
Graphite RedLine,
Red / Black Leather,
Manual Tranny, Windrestrictor,
Monsoon with XM , Spoiler,
8000K HIDs on Low Beams and Fogs
Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Painted calipers,
Magnaflow 3" Quad Tip Exhaust, CAI

Offline DirtyMike

• Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 10:09:26 PM »
I want the tenzo rs-5
dont see 'em? http://tenzoracingsports.com/main.php?page=wheels
Thanks for letting me know.  So what would happen if I put on a +45mm offset rim instead of a +55mm one on my car?
nothing,it be fine

BTF ShabbyPipes w/TialQ ,HID low&fogs, stubby,Tints, RPi GT Exhaust & RacePipe, Hahn IC, Areoforce Dual Guages, DDM ProBeam, Race Backbone & APilar,Wester\'s Race Tune,TenzoR DC5, Eibach Sportlines, BTF\"BigWheel\" ko4+,JPM shifter,RK sport hood,norms sky fenders, HKS turbo timer & some CF bits

Offline BIO Hazard

• Master Tech
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »
Thinking about trying some of these adapters.
 6061 billet aluminum alloy CNC machined.

Will move the wheels OUT about an inch though.
 :idk: Will the Kappa accept it's new stance?

Stay far away from crap like this. I had a set of these things on my 73 Mustang... As Dirty Mike says they generate an enormous amount of vibration. So much so that I lost three lugs on 1 tire and four on another tire. I was one lug away from certain death. I consider myself lucky to still be hear after that one...
Tim aka BIO Hazard
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Brazen - Inferno - Orange
#1 fan of WWW.KAPPAPERFORMANCE.COM

Offline Sky 5

• Master Tech
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 11:21:34 PM »
Stay far away from crap like this. I had a set of these things on my 73 Mustang...

Now that sounds scary. Glad your close encounter ended up well!
Will have to rethink trying them out. At a couple $100, they are not cheap.
Just curious. Was your experience recently... or back in the day? 

Ben L

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 07:00:49 AM »
Again, we rejected the adapters in 2004-05 as unsafe for a supercharged 2003 Mach 1 Mustang used on the track.  Expensive or not, I think they're trouble.