Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: UPDATE! EZ-Pass Mod!  (Read 7134 times)

lil goat

Re: UPDATE! EZ-Pass Mod!
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 05:54:48 PM »
I just told them it was a convertible and I was afraid of it being stolen when I parked with the top down, they just told that made sense and gave it to me, it was the truth.

Offline odiaz

• Tech
  • Deep GXP
    • Cherod/solstice
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 10:05:18 PM »
Here's a picture of what the license plate EZPass looks like.  I'd be worried about it, it could easily be stolen.

My Solstice Web site and HowTo Articles

http://www.cherod.com/solstice

Offline Treeman

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 09:02:05 AM »
I think your right.  I think I'll just keep waving mine and cooling my pits.
2009 Aggressive GXP
DDM Race Backbone, ProBeam, Coil Cover, Alignment, and Oil Catch Can
Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust
GMPP Tune
LatinVenom Front Brace
Werks Adjustable Sway Bars
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summers/Pirelli 240 Sottozero Winters
Sound Deadener Showdown
Beach Party Central Custom Fusebox Cover
JPM Arm Rests
Lead Foot!

Offline sunnygator

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Watch Our for This!
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 11:49:54 AM »
One new caution - the EZ pass terms were updated in July 2009.

Read them here;
http://www.ezpassmd.com/en/about/individual_terms.pdf

Look in "ABOUT YOUR TRANSPONDER(S)" where it says "Transactions in which the Transponder is not read may result in a higher
toll rate to be deducted from your Account."
Cool Solstice with GMPP Kit, Heated Seats, Painted Calipers, K&N Filter, T-bolts & new Throttle Body Pipe

Offline Bosch

• Tech
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
Here's a picture of what the license plate EZPass looks like.  I'd be worried about it, it could easily be stolen.

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah if I could hide that behind the grill mesh or under something cause that is ugly really ugly..
LiquidPT has the Mysterious GXP Coupe, I drive the tool wagon the modded 03 PT GT Stage? yes its fast....

Offline PubliusE

• Master Tech
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I had to get one of those years ago because my Grand Prix supposedly had lead or something in the windshield.  As I recall there is a list of vehicles on the website that are effected.  I never installed this because it is very ugly and looks like it could easily be stolen.  I figured I would never notice it missing until I got my bill which auto replenishes.  I used the white square one from another car and it worked everytime.
all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

lil goat

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 03:46:31 PM »
You can't see mine, it's inside our plastic front bumper (no front plate). If you have a metallic paint car this won't work, it blocks the RFID. But it might work on the back plate or in the grill in NJ, different style pick up. at the booths.

I called when mine didn't read, it was no big deal I got charged the same as always.