Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Has Anyone Done the Wastegate adjustment with a BSR Tune  (Read 4129 times)

Offline rich71

• Master Tech
In my area of upstate New York just outside of Utica, my boost with the BSR gets up to 22-23 pounds, but only at wot at higher rpms and normally tops out at 19-20 during regular 1/2-3/4 throttle driving. I am thinking about adjusting the wastegate a little to give me a little more boost instead of the 19-20. The thing is, I dont want to be the first idiot to do it if it is a MAJOR NONO.  :idiot: I have searched and has seen people say not to, but no one that has done it and what happened. I don't want to break the "seal" of the wastegate nuts if i am going to just switch it back because the BSR explodes my engine.  :barf: Has anyone actuall done this? Even just a little? If I do decide to experiment, what do i look out for?...I have a dashhawk2 so I can look for things....Knock retard maybe?AFR?  :idk:
2007 Midnight Blue Redline
Manual Trans
Westers Race Tune
Hahn Intercooler
GMPP Catback Exhaust
ReBar
DDM Race Backbone Brace
JPM Shifter
Sprint Booster
K&N Filter
Stubby Antenna
Redline overlay on 3rd brake light
BMW LiftPucks 4the BLIND

lil goat

Re: Has Anyone Done the Wastegate adjustment with a BSR Tune
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »
At the levels you are seeing now I wouldn't do it, I do remember someone doing it and putting it back. The BSR and the wastgate mod basically do the same thing, the BSR does not get learned out, does some other stuff too. It modifies the algorithm that controls the wastegate electronically instead of mechanically , Lyndon had us all put our wastegates back to stock after he figured out how to do this electronically.

Offline Excelsior

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 01:14:27 AM »
Hay, you are KINDA close to me!  I am in Syracuse.  You should show up at an event I have scheduled.
---==--- ---==--- Bruiser ---==--- ---==---
|http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3335365|
---==--- ---==--- --==-- ---==--- ---==---
Attendee: 2010 NASSM | 2011 SMMM8

Offline rich71

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 07:25:09 AM »
Yes I figured i should just leave it alone. So much fun to play, but things have their limits. I will just have to wait for this new tune that is rumored. And yes, we are in the same snow belt. Send me an event schedule. thnx
2007 Midnight Blue Redline
Manual Trans
Westers Race Tune
Hahn Intercooler
GMPP Catback Exhaust
ReBar
DDM Race Backbone Brace
JPM Shifter
Sprint Booster
K&N Filter
Stubby Antenna
Redline overlay on 3rd brake light
BMW LiftPucks 4the BLIND

Offline sol_man

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Enjoying the cool summer
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 12:51:41 PM »
I also declined this mod after reading some other inputs.  I honestly can't ask for much more from this Tune but would love to see the new Westers / GMPP setup that's in the works.  I also might order the Hahn IC and see if Lyndon wants to flow test it before I do anything with it.  What good is winning the lottery if you can't have a little fun with it?? 

:yay:
Sly with premium-auto-spoiler-pedals-onstar-xm-monsoon-crome wheels-a/c-headliner.
BSR Tune / GM Performance Exhaust / Xenon fog lights / K&N drop in / Debadged
Best 1/4 - 13.12 @ 102.6 / 60 foot 1.9 seconds
0-60 in 4.37 seconds

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:39:21 PM »
Hi guys,I have a BSR tune,I regularly get 25lbs boost on shell 93 octane gas. Now I have added a Hahn Intercooler and Blow off Valve and can feel increased power in 3rd,4th,5th gears. no engine problems at this boost! I did not adjust the waste gate.  I think I would give it a try if your only getting 21lbs since maybe your gate was set suboptimally at the factory. I race my car in High Speed Driving events ie- Road race courses.like doing qualifying runs against cars placed in your class.  What a blast. Heres the bad news,you must have a roll bar $1,200 custom built my bar looks great.  6 point harness ,I had a upholstry shop cut two holes in the seat and needed to change a few areas on seat frame for the harness  helmut, safety arm strapes I also have a extreme Dimensions front end ,cat back straight exhausts,Oz ultraleggra wheels,hoosier race tires zoksuspension.my alignment set for racing. Sounds and looks great. Drive it on the street - race tires. My first post Graywolf
Bates cylinder sleeves/oil pump,Carillo Rods,Wiseco pistons,Ferrea valves/springs,CNC Race Ported head,Neutral balance shafts,CustomATI Damper,ZOK suspension,Custom Roll Bar and Wind Splitter by Chassis Concepts,6 pt Schroth harness,Extreme Dimension nose,Fidenza Flywheel/Spec3+ clutch,OZ ultrleggra wheels,Hoosier A6/R6 tires,Norms Fiberglass side vented fedders,side skirts and rear race bumper/fascia

Offline sol_man

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Enjoying the cool summer
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 09:08:04 AM »
It sounds like you have a nice setup there!  Do you have any pictures to post?  I would hate the roll bar mounted inside an already cramped car but if you are racing it then you definitely need it.
Sly with premium-auto-spoiler-pedals-onstar-xm-monsoon-crome wheels-a/c-headliner.
BSR Tune / GM Performance Exhaust / Xenon fog lights / K&N drop in / Debadged
Best 1/4 - 13.12 @ 102.6 / 60 foot 1.9 seconds
0-60 in 4.37 seconds

Offline Filipp

• Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 09:14:20 AM »
Awesome Graywolf you should post some pictures!

Ben L

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »
Let's see that custom rollbar.  That is holy grail for HPDE and PDX track hounds.

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 11:21:42 PM »
SORRY i DON'T HAVE A PICTURE OF THE ROLL BAR NOW BUT I WILL TAKE SOME THIS WEEKEND.  tHE PERSON THAT MADE IT  BUILDS FUNNY CARS AND DRAGSTERS FOR A LIVING.  SOME PEOPLE HAVE ASKED ME IF IT WAS A FACTORY OPTION.  YES IT IS CRAMPED,NOT BECAUSE OF THE MAIN TOP BAR BUT BECAUSE OF THE SIDE BARS THAT BRACE IT THAT RUN ALONG THE SIDE PANELS INSIDE THE CAR APPROXIMATLY  2 FEET ABOVE THE FLOOR, TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE I'M 6FT2IN 230LBS EASY WITH TOP DOWN TOUGH ENTRANCE WHEN IT 'S UP.  I ALSO HAD TO SACRIFICE MY SUB WOOFER AND 2 REAR SPEAKERS FOR THE BAR TO FIT. i HAVE NO REGRETS  GRAYWOLF
Bates cylinder sleeves/oil pump,Carillo Rods,Wiseco pistons,Ferrea valves/springs,CNC Race Ported head,Neutral balance shafts,CustomATI Damper,ZOK suspension,Custom Roll Bar and Wind Splitter by Chassis Concepts,6 pt Schroth harness,Extreme Dimension nose,Fidenza Flywheel/Spec3+ clutch,OZ ultrleggra wheels,Hoosier A6/R6 tires,Norms Fiberglass side vented fedders,side skirts and rear race bumper/fascia

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
HAS ANYONE MODIFIED THERE CYLINDER HEAD ON A GXP
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 06:06:49 PM »
lOOKING FOR MORE POWER ON ROAD RACING COURSE hAS ANYONE DONE ANY MODS TO THE CYLINDER HEAD,  GM HAS A LSJ HEAD FOR PRE 07 MODIFIED BUT i WOULD LIKE TO MODIFY THE LNF HEAD WHICH I S ON THE GXP    I HAVE BSR TUNE HAHN INTERCOOLER/BOV  PLEASE NO COMMENTS ON WARRANTY   gRAYWOLF

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 07:16:30 PM »
Let's see that custom rollbar.  That is holy grail for HPDE and PDX track hounds.
Let's see that custom rollbar.  That is holy grail for HPDE and PDX track hounds.    pICS ARE IN gALLERY SEARCH  GRAYWOLF

lil goat

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 08:12:33 AM »
Lyndon Wester is a head porter among other things, he has wanted to do a GXP head for a long time, he does a lot of race heads and even Harley race bike head porting. He just needs a donor head, I am sure he could do some great things. Most see a lot more gains from the LNJ motors than the LNF's that seems to be what everyone builds with the Ecotec platform.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 08:34:51 AM »
Imagine what he could do after porting the heads and re-tuning.  Do they have replacement cams for our cars yet?
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Ben L

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 10:07:22 AM »
Flowed heads and intake runners on these babies. . . .   Would it solve low end torque deficit?

Wood!!! 

lil goat

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 12:52:56 PM »
I heard a rumor of a cam for our cars from a Vette specialty shop in NJ, never have tracked down who they are, heard about it from the guys at the body shop, said they painted a Solstice with the cam had ridiculous HP. May just be urban myth. I wish I had the money to buy a spare head to send to Lyndon, I just want to get a second exhaust manifold and flow it and ceramic coat it.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »
Well if you're going to order one, this would be the time before they stop production of those parts.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 02:24:20 PM »
DDM is working on cams, I know for the 2.4, don't know about the 2.0
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia