Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Good to see you all  (Read 2165 times)

Offline SOLTUL

• Tech
Good to see you all
« on: May 19, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »
I finally unwrapped my 2007 Solstice GXP.  I went to the old forum and found most of us have moved here.  I bought my ride in December 06, have 4200 milds (2200 miles were to get it from Phoenix to Tulsa).  My GXP has never been wet from rain or washing.  It has only been polished and is usually  under cover.  I have done very little to the car.  Just added the Rebar from Kappasphere, hope to add a cat back and a cold air induction but that will be about it.  Look forward to reading what is up and it is good to see some of the old names here.   :drive:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:28:11 PM by SOLTUL »

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Good to see you all
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 11:44:06 PM »
 Welcome 
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 11:47:52 PM »
Welcome to Kappa Performance.com SOLTUL.  Glad to hear you followed through to purchase a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP in December 2007.  That is about the time that everything went south on the old forum.  Sure glad you found this forum.  The old forum is only history now.  It's a long story and I don't want to go into the particulars.  Let me just go as far as to say, what was is no longer.  That place is history, dead, finished!

I have been reborn over here SOLTUL and I'm loving it!  You will to.  The people hear are all top drawer and have a keen interest in all things Kappa.  This is truly a Performance Forum but it has the entire package.  What makes it shine are the people that Joe has assembled to make up the forum.  People are what make a forum great.  I can't wait to meet you in the future, possibly at a Meet.  Anyway, we all welcome you to Kappa Performance.com.  I am the same old guy you knew me as.  Thanks for joining.

GXPinKC
Ron

« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 12:37:51 AM by GXPinKC »
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline SOLTUL

• Tech
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 02:32:16 PM »
Good to hear from you again.  I made a mistake on when I bought the GXP, it was in Dec of 06.  The other forum was great at one time and very informative when I was buying.  It really helped on the break in.  I have never had the rear end problems that a lot of people had because of the forum info.  So I have read around this forum and it seems that this is back to the way it should be, people helping people.

Thanks for the welcome, I have turned into a collector on the GXP and really only drive to keep it in shape.  Looking forward to reading about all the upgrades and mods.

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 06:42:04 PM »
Welcome, and you may want to add the Street version of the BackBone to complement your ReBar.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline SOLTUL

• Tech
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 10:09:53 PM »
Heh LatinVenom good to hear from you, it has been a while.  Ok, dumb me, what is the Street version of the Backbone?  Well to add to this post.  I found the BackBone and have ordered it.  Thanks LatinVenom,  I left your name with their sales, as you referred me.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:59:13 PM by SOLTUL »

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 08:24:47 PM »
SOLTUL, I am glad you order it, you will not be disappointed.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Koobie

• Tech
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 07:53:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
2001 BMW 330Ci
2007 Sky Red Line

Both paid for...woot! :)

Offline SOLTUL

• Tech
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »
Thanks LatinVenom, I had the street version of the Backbone installed yesterday.  I paid close attention on the drive before installation and close attention on the drive home.  The car seems tighter over bumps and does seem to have any roll over those bumps.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I have had the GXP since Dec of 06.  I do not drive it very much, it has never been washed or wet, so this is more of a collector for me.  I had the backbone and Kappasphere rebar installed for stiffness to help eliminate or prevent sqweeks.  Thanks I appreciate your help.

I have read the discussion on the Backbone and whether it helps with this or that.  It's cost is so little and it seems like a good preventative measure for the long haul. :urock:

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 06:01:03 PM »
Welcome to the best Kappa forum on the internet!  :thumbs: