Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: CDC Autocross at Bowie Baysox Stadium -- New Action Shots Posted!  (Read 1341 times)

Ben L

Just got home from a beautiful day's autocrossing at Bowie Baysox Stadium with the Capital Driving Club.  It was a perfect day to test out the new coilovers in action!  I stiffened up the rear by another 4 clicks (14 total), and really had minimal understeer issues.  The car cornered flat as a pancake.

In my morning runs, I steadily dropped my times, and the car was handling great.  I ran in the third of three heats, and it was a huge field.  We did not finish our "morning" runs until about 2:30 pm.  I was shooting for 53s, and managed a 54.1 but the tail hung out out in the stop box after tripping the light, and I picked up two cones. 

I was very much looking forward the afternoon runs, and was pretty confident I could hit my target time.  Just as we went out to work (5:00 pm), the announcer said the Bowie Baysox needed the lot back at 5:30.  So I totally got boned out of my three afternoon runs!   :gaah:

Fastest time of the day was a 48.78, posted by my friend Fast Fred in his FFR Cobra.  I could have been closer I think if I had not been denied our second set of runs.

Still, it was a great day to be out tossing the GXP around.  About the only thing that I'd miss the mod meet for.  You Kappa guys are missing out on the fun!

Part of a Very Full Field

Saddling Up -- Riders Are Welcome At CDC Events!

Obligatory Action Shots

Fast Freddie On the Line For His FTD Run

« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 08:53:49 AM by Ben L »

Online Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: CDC Autocross at Bowie Baysox Stadium
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 08:41:47 PM »
If they do something like that again let me know, if I'm available I'd love to try and make it up there. I try to keep an eye on the SCCA schedule, but I'm in the dark about any other organizations doing events like that.

Certainly would have been a great day for racing. It was on the warm side at the mod meet, but still a very nice day out.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060'
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins

Ben L

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 09:26:44 PM »

Online Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 09:55:29 PM »
Thanks for the link. Looks like the Bowie and Woodbridge locations are the closest ones. I bookmarked the link, might try to make the August 1st meet in Bowie.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060'
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins