Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Opel GT from Romania (EU) signing on  (Read 23657 times)

Offline Midlife Crisis

• Tech
Re: Opel GT from Romania (EU) signing on
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 08:41:09 PM »
I'm ready :D I need those sensors right away :))

I know about the joke with Canadian Tune, I read forums generally ;) You tried to fool me but you didn't succeed, but looks like I made a statement just to bait you with octane, and you bit it.
We have 98-100 octane fuel here but here the octane is calculated differently :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
Even I suspect our fuel is a little bit better than there, our 98-100 is almost your 93-95 :P, little fish little fish :P

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Welcome to the forum!!!!     :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
Yes, my Solstice is my midlife crisis baby.

'08 Pure w/Ebony Leather, Power, Convenience & Preferred Pkgs, Rear Spoiler, Floor Mats, XM Radio, Onstar, Etched & Illuminated V2 Wind Restrictor, LED Door Sills - "Angel", KappaKrap Kontainer Korral, DDMWorks Race BackBone & ProBeam, Vanity Plate & Crystal Studded Bracket, Slotted Backup Light Covers, 3rd Brake Light Decal (PURE) & Chrome Rims

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 08:50:05 PM »
Midlife Crisis  :cheers: thanks.

All I did was in his way, he tried to make fun of me with the "Canadian" tune, I served him octane one  :rofl:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Midlife Crisis

• Tech
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 08:55:47 PM »
Yes, and I like your sense of humor! :D
Yes, my Solstice is my midlife crisis baby.

'08 Pure w/Ebony Leather, Power, Convenience & Preferred Pkgs, Rear Spoiler, Floor Mats, XM Radio, Onstar, Etched & Illuminated V2 Wind Restrictor, LED Door Sills - "Angel", KappaKrap Kontainer Korral, DDMWorks Race BackBone & ProBeam, Vanity Plate & Crystal Studded Bracket, Slotted Backup Light Covers, 3rd Brake Light Decal (PURE) & Chrome Rims

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 09:37:01 PM »
Kelu

You must make the next Mod meet in October at Joe's [DeepBlueGXP]

Welcome aboard.  This is a really great group of people here with a lot of solid real world performance knowledge.  Also a blast to hang out with. 
I'm happy to see you join.

In regards to your elbow question, it might cost a little bit for the shipping, but Dejon has a part to replace the item that tends to fail in the stock setup.
If you go to post#33 in the following thread, you can see the Dejon aluminum elbow which replaces the stock rubber elbow
http://KappaPerformance.com/index.php?topic=1368.msg15356#msg15356

Welcome Aboard

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 05:46:54 AM »
Thanks elff for all info, I was thinking to listen all your advices guys.
Getting any kind of package from us costs me $100-200 on shipping, customs taxes and VAT. So ordering a small cheap product doesn't worth it because in this case I pay let's say $135 for the product and another at least $100 on shipping and taxes.

I was thinking somewhere in next months to order entire IC kit including all piping to make the extra costs not so important. If you tell me this is a must, I have already spread the word in my car club and they provide me a good manufacturer for such things in this city. I got a quote which is very low priced and will be made by stainless tube with silicone couple and T-bolts.

I presume there are no sensors in this elbow or any other wire or anything else, just a plain empty elbow, right?
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

lil goat

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 06:41:03 AM »
There are no sensors and for you it makes a lot of sense to have it made there, just let Lyndon know so he can adjust for the Romanian elbow.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2009, 06:59:48 AM »
You are trying to fool me again about the tune? :D

From now on will be hard for me to believe you j/k

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2009, 07:01:57 AM »
You catch on quick...  I see you have your ECM from Lyndon?  I wonder why HPTuners won't work with the Opel GT. 

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009, 07:06:55 AM »
I can not stress how important replacing the T clamps are.  Even with the T clamps, one of lyndons experimental tunes blew a turbo hose off.  Joe can tell which one as he put it back on for me.  I forgot which one it was.  But there is no way you can go with the stock clamps.  I would not get the upgraded sensors as with the GM tune, I lost a lot of torque compared to the Westers latest tune.  Power is back to "holy crap" with Westers tune of the GM tune but it is not ready for prime time so I would wait for a while on the sensors.

You must get the backbone and probeam with Westers tune as the car is too flexible without them.

If you get an exhaust, the solo is superior to everything else I have seen.  We have installed quite a few exhaust systems at Joe's Garage.  Keep an eye on DDM for new innercooler and cold air intake.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2009, 08:12:38 AM »
DeepBlueGXP no ECM, I know all tuners from this country, I had one reading my ECM using his software in a raw not-scrambled format, sent the file to Lyndon. Lyndon did his magic and sent me back.

All this because HPT said they don't suport my ECM and buying an spare ECM from here $1000, sending to Lyndon and back would cost me $200 and waiting 2-6 weeks. I wil make a post with pictures with our ECMs to figure out if there are differences and find if mine is indeed different or is just HPT.

chuckdoc I'm rushing to have my elbow made, if not tomorrow, somewhere next week I will have it on, it is ok to have it done in stainless steel? I'm not sure if the guys from here can make it as dejon's out of mandrel bent aluminized steel tubing.

What you are saying is that with the GMPP sensors you loose torque? Lyndon state me to have the sensors replaced to be able to get his tune based on GMPP one.  :idk:

Already made the words for a custom backbone to be done here also, I will go and speak with the metal guy if he can make me probeam also.

About exhaust I was thinking between Solo and RPI, if where about my tastes I will replace only DP with a catless one which doesn't throw errors but I know is not a good practice, I need a larger cat-back one than stock also.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2009, 09:03:05 AM »
What ChuckDoc was referring to is he had the Wester's tune prior to getting the GMPP.  Once he had the GMPP kit installed with sensors, the GMPP Upgrade tune wasn't as good as the original Wester's.  Now he has the GMPP with a beta of Wester's and it received the "Holy Crap" review

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2009, 09:18:25 AM »
 Welcome 
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2009, 09:50:19 AM »
DeepBlueGXP oh, now I understand, he went to GMPP oem tune AFTER western race tune, his experience is obvious, I will never go that way. My aim is to get sensors to be able to get Lyndon's beta tune "made out from GMPP tune".

HAMMER DOWN heheheh, not too many hair to catch wind :))

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2009, 12:20:49 PM »
Glad to see you here. It appears that you are already well versed in the aspects of your car. Keep the pictures coming, it's a beautiful car. I hope to be in Germany no later then next year to visit my daughter and her husband. Will have to check out the Opel GT while I'm there.  :thumbs:

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2009, 12:44:17 PM »
I'm not versed at all, I'm just a newbie in the learning mode, I'm very glad I have found lots of awesome teachers around here ;)

I will prepare a photo album online for guys which are converting their SKYs in Opel asking me different details and I want to contribute as much as I can. This is not too much what I can do pay back such a community.

Get your Sky in Germany and show them a nicer Opel GT ;) , then make a trip visiting me, believe it or not, I know sound weird for you I NEVER SAW A SKY IN MY LIFE

When your way back to US, buy an Opel GT from Germany cause there are cheapest and you will have a very rare car there ;)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »
As a good pupil I'm following my teachers. Today I did my custom Throttle Body Elbow, out of stainless steel, end up not cheap at all. See below pictures before and after ;)

Also I removed the brace and ordered to be made identical but from a 10mm thick (about 3/8 inch), I drove today about 50 miles around town without any kind of brace, I don't know but looks like I get Low Traction message way more often than with the stock brace or just because I was testing my new Throttle Body Elbow if it holds to high boots. [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 08:51:29 PM »
Looks good!
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »
Great job, I hope you can visit a mod meet here some day.  Oct will be a great one.

Chuck
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2009, 04:58:39 AM »
Uranium-238 Thanks again for everyone helping me with information how to modify my car in the best way possible and not to do it like a blind man.
Great job, I hope you can visit a mod meet here some day.  Oct will be a great one.

Chuck
Thanks sir, I'd be thrilled to attend to a meeting with you but is out of my reach.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 06:19:00 AM »
:lol:  but it's only a short drive

Offline Bigblau

• Tech
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2009, 06:52:29 AM »
Welcome Kelu, nice job! :thumbs:  Like your photos too  ...how's that Seat Leon run? Can it keep up with your Opel? ;)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2009, 07:01:47 AM »
Welcome Kelu, nice job! :thumbs:  Like your photos too  ...how's that Seat Leon run? Can it keep up with your Opel? ;)
Thanks, that is a good friend of mine, the stock is 150hp 2.0 Turbo Diesel 4x4 Haldex transmission, now has a bigger turbo doing something over 200hp with an awesome start. I have did some runs with him, he has a weaken clutch and I take off same as him :D and I put some distance him on 2nd and 3rd. I'm waiting for him to change the clutch maybe he will face me better, but I will get myself tuned these days and I will be from another league.

I hope I will have some nice runs in this weekend, I have talked with my friends for some tests, VW GTI only remap (my old nightmare), Porsche Cayman with exhaust and remap and maybe a BMW 335i stock, all guys great on drag so will be something competitive.

Offline Bigblau

• Tech
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2009, 08:01:56 AM »
Thanks for the information.  Those diesels pull hard, and get awesome fuel economy, but just don’t produce the power that your gasoline powered turbo does.  Sounds like you’re going to have a lot of fun with your nice looking Opel GT.  Enjoy! :thumbs:    

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »
I just installed my OWN wester race tune, I know is not yet settled but I want to say this: HOLY CRAP   :woohoo:
I have read many posts and reviews about this tune and everyone was saying same words, I was thinking in those days "well they have just a better car, I know very well what a tune makes from a stock car, they want just to impress the others", now I understand I was so wrong, indeed HOLY CRAP is true, I have saw many cars in this transition between stock to a tuned around these amount of powers and none has transformed so much.
I saw on DIC 170 kPa = 1.7 Bars = 24.6 PSI  :drool:

It's 5 am around here and I couldn't go to bed until I don't post my review, I went out to play with some fellows, guess what, none could face me and I'm not talking about Sunday drivers here, all have awesome cars and do drag races pretty often. My list of victims in different types of drag:
1) VW Golf 3 VR6 Turbo (estimated 280hp) - rolling start (i had passenger) - up to end of 4th gear - at least one car length in front
2) VW Golf V GTI DSG (intake, exhaust, tune, estimated 260-280hp) - standing still start - about 1/4 mile, about 2 cars length between me and him
3) BMW 335i cabrio (he had a passenger) - rolling start up to end 4th gear - more than a car length between us

Weekend I will do more tests with different cars, I will keep you posted, I have some videos from tonight which I will post them tomorrow

PS. I feel I need to re-thank everyone for sharing the info about this tune and most of all about the throttle body elbow which not even my custom strong stainless steel barely keeps the boots, I had some issues with going off because of the narrow space to fit it perfect, but once it was done it did hold up to 10 races mentioned above

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2009, 10:09:37 PM »
Kelu is going to be synonymous with
Romanian Rocket

:thumbs: