Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Opel GT from Romania (EU) signing on  (Read 23722 times)

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Opel GT from Romania (EU) signing on
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2009, 10:28:35 PM »
Congrats on the new tune! I know I can't wait till I can afford to buy one.

Oh, and I think elff just named your car for you, if you haven't already...
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2009, 05:01:44 AM »
Thanks elff you guys helped me to become :award:

Uranium-238: I don't want to repeat same old story, but by far, excepting the turbo kit, this upgrade worth every penny and if you will not be scared but for sure you will surprised about the tune, completely other car. My fellows which tested my car stock they said this car doesn't put the 260 hp to the ground in matters how it feels, even I have tested and it puts, last night all said "GODDD" this has nothing to do with the stock car. Go for it as soon you can and we will talk after ;)
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2009, 03:28:41 PM »
Today was the day of the backbone. I have my custom backbone installed and is feels like a different car, a lot more stable.

Because I was forced to buy big plates I did more than one for people around me if they will be needing one and not able to pay high amounts on shipping from us. I have left one thick and one medium.

Side by side, 3/8 inch thick one, 1/5 inch (that one with stripes) and the stock one which is about 1/20 inch.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I don't have an inch ruler and I though the cigars are worldwide same dimensions. The 3/8 is about 1,5 than a cigar, 1/5 is half o a cigar and the stock useless comparison

And the above image

I hope I did it correctly :D
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Dan

• Tech
    • My Website
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2009, 04:05:56 PM »
Tell me the story of the backbone holes.  How did you decide on them?  Position, number, etc.
08 Aggressive GXP 5 speed

Offline King-Oka

• Tech
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2009, 08:03:07 PM »
Did you make these out of steel plate or aluminium?  The DDM ones are high strength aircraft aluminium I believe.
2006 Solstice
Supercharged and Intercooled by DDM

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »
Dan I don't think there is story about the the holes, I made them just for ventilation and let that part of the car to breathe and not to be fully enclosed.

King-Oka All are from steel plate, that's why is so heavy, I wanted DDM but because of shipping and taxes to my country I could pay at least double on it. I think I will try to buy the probeam from DDM because I think is lighter so the shipping will be less.

GXPinKC Thanks buddy  :cheers: I will attend next weekend at 2 drag events, one in my country and one in Hungary with good time trackers and I will keep you posted. Petty I have to travel 500 miles up to there just to have a correct time.

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2009, 12:28:28 PM »
Ahhh, you got me, I thought I can trick you by distracting your attention and get you in the challenge with this "flame" :D

12yrs. to your senior usually keeps me out of trouble. ;) :D :lol:

Mike
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2009, 01:53:03 PM »
New toy arrived for my GT.

Dejon Intercooler with silicone couplers and T-bolt clamps.

I payed $620 to Dejon, 116$ for shipping, 5% customs tax $37 and 19% sales tax for the sum of all amounts $146. So the extras (shipping and taxes) got me extra $300 nearly 50% of  product price. I hate this country  :gaah:  :mad: :barf: :ro2:

More toys to come soon  :yay:

Offline Sky 5

• Master Tech
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2009, 11:20:36 PM »
 :ro:

I thought the cigars are worldwide same dimensions.
The 3/8 is about 1/5 than a cigar, 1/5 is half of a cigar and the stock useless comparison

Nice  :drag: new  :drag:  parts.

Over here those Kents are called "cigarettes."

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2009, 05:18:23 PM »
New toys arrived to Romania  :ro:

First of all: Many thanks for the gift guys, Alvaro aka Latin Venom mentioned the SKY cooler bags are a gift from the users of this forum  :ghug:

Here is Sky bags:

They look awesome as quality and design and many possibilities to use them. LatinVenom said something like I wouldn't be bothered because on the bags is written SKY, I'm more than pleased with this logo because I want to share the info and let everyone knows about the twin sister of my Opel GT, I have opened my trunk everytime when somebody wanted to look at my car, those SKY letters will introduce my chapter of information which I will share with people about this car and their relatives from North America.

I did some research to understand the whole kit. I think I understood but if I'm missing something please correct me. The kit includes: 1 big bag, 2 smaller bags which can be attached on sides of the big one or stacked together as one, one black liner which can be placed inside of the big bag and transform the big bag in a standard traveling bag like this:

Two velcro shiny reflectors, the big one fits in the trunk for good and big bag will be place on it, small one attached on top of the big bag to protect it even when the bag is outside of the trunk.
I got this correct? I missed something?

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2009, 05:23:03 PM »
Kelu,
You got it right, almost. The little bag on the front comes off also. So you have 3 small bags.  :)

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2009, 08:31:08 PM »
You got it, the two pads are heat reflectors, the one in the trunk from the muffler, and the one on the top of the bag from the sun
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2009, 08:57:22 PM »
Thanks for info guys  :thumbs:

This bags are so ... Transformer'ish  :D
Loved them from first second, the moron from customs office sliced about 6 inches in the big reflector when unwrapped it  :banghead:  :mad:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2009, 09:04:57 PM »
Get some silver duct tape to fix it.  I split your exhaust post to it's own thread called Kelu going Solo.

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2009, 09:58:45 PM »
He can also use refrigeration silver tape to fix it.
This cut will not prevent the big reflector from doing it's job, it will provide the heat insulation as designed.
Enjoy it Kelu, from all of us at KAPPAPERFORMANCE.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline blewis1

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2011, 02:13:05 PM »
hi this is ben from the sky forum you had left a message that you had gt parts i left a message on the sky forum for you i need your help thanks my friend send pics of what you have on the forum i left a list of thing that i need. check it out thanks ben

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2011, 09:07:29 PM »
hi this is ben from the sky forum you had left a message that you had gt parts i left a message on the sky forum for you i need your help thanks my friend send pics of what you have on the forum i left a list of thing that i need. check it out thanks ben

Welcome to the Kappa Performance Forum BEN  Hope you stay around and also find the parts your Looking for .  heres a     :ghug:  from us
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline deepwater805

• Master Tech
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2011, 11:56:18 PM »
We've got a geologist out here on the rig from Romania.  :ro2: I told him about our forum, and he told me what Kelu actually means in Romanian.  :worms: I mean, who knew...?

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2011, 03:54:52 AM »
Kelu has explained here what his nickname means....
he also chose his plates with these letters.
written by a non-Kelu
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2011, 04:16:26 AM »
and he told me what Kelu actually means in Romanian.
You were sniffing oil again?  :rofl: Or just the romanian geologist?  :lol:

Chel in romanian means: http://translate.google.com/#ro|en|chel
I write it Kel just to avoid misunderstanding with other bald guys from my country and to reduce CH into K cause is sounds same.

Offline deepwater805

• Master Tech
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2011, 06:52:28 AM »
Oh bald!!?? I thought he said "bowled".  ;) As in the Big Lebowski. Sorry dude...I mean Chel... Actually I did sniff some oil today.  :nuts: But that's only because I sneezed when adding the oil vinegar salad dressing at lunch. How'd you know....?  :huh: