Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Need O2 sensor  (Read 1885 times)

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Need O2 sensor
« on: June 07, 2009, 06:05:08 PM »
I keep throwing 2237 code, where is a good place to get a new sensor and what is the part number?

I reset the code and  it came back after about 300 miles.  I checked all the connections, both sensors are tight and the Solo CAT is tight also.  2237 is bank 1 02 sensor which I assume is the top sensor...

I found sensors at the following site but I don't know if it is a 2 or 3 wire sensor...
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?D=replacement+o2+sensor&Ntt=replacement+o2+sensor&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Main&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=1697+4294963236+11543&Nty=1&V=1697&Vh=Pontiac&V=1697+4294963236&Vh=2007%20Pontiac
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
Re: Need O2 sensor
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:43:46 PM »
Just need to ask -
1) You say you have a Solo cat, so I assume it's their high flow cat. Yes?
2) If so, did you get the O2 sensor adapter that pulls the downstream sensor out of the exhaust flow? That is supposed to eliminate that problem.
3) Do you have a tune in your ECM? If so you can turn off that "alarm". There may be nothing wrong with the sensor.
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »
He has the Solo CAT and the extension, the code is for the first 02 sensor, not the second.  Lyndon replied back that after resetting, if it comes back, change the sensor.   He is required to get an emissions check, does turning off the code report that to the emission when it is scanned?

lil goat

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 10:15:16 AM »
If you turn it off it will report no reading, in VA. you are allowed to have I think 2 no readings and still pass. Not sure about MD. I am not sure about on the Solstice but my Harley uses the same O2 sensors and they can be cleaned (I use aerosol gun cleaner), there is also a procedure where you pull the sensor out into clean air and start the bike to reset the sensor, not sure if it will work on the car.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 10:28:58 AM by lil goat »

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 11:19:54 AM »
Thanks, as to hi flow cat causing it, I have had that for over a year with 20,000 miles on it and no problems.  \

Really need to pass Md. inspection.  Cleaning might be a great idea however they are really cheap for a new one.  Around 40 bucks.  Real problem is whether it is a two wire or three wire.  Both are listed for 2007 GXP.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

lil goat

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 12:18:23 PM »
I don't know which 2 or 3 wire, the 3 wire are self heating, I don't see why they would need to be but maybe. I found this link and it says heated (so 3 wire) and $35. I think that may just be the connector but indicates 3 wire is what you need.
http://www.oehq.com/acdelco-parts_PT1069_ACD_ACDelco%20Heated%20Oxygen%20Sensor%20Connector~2007%20PONTIAC%20SOLSTICE%20GXP%202.0L.htm

Rock Auto shows the complete sensor for $76.79

This seems like it is a little closer to waht it should be on the price.
http://info.rockauto.com/getimage/getimage.php?imagekey=501736&imageurl=http%3A//info.rockauto.com/Bosch/15280.jpg