Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Aftershock status  (Read 4340 times)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Aftershock status
« on: July 29, 2009, 05:03:30 PM »
Rudy posted this today over on the BB and I am posting it here for those that may not have seen it. Our prayers are with him and his family.

hi folks...

I just wanted to let you know that the company is on stand by at the moment. My dad had suffered a severe brain stem stroke and a mild heart attack on Monday evening and is currently on life support. I was originally scheduled to go out of town for a couple of days on Monday for business and ended up canceling that due to the current situation. Right now, we're away from home and staying at the in-laws residence as it's close proximity to the hospital. My family and I have been devastated and exhausted from the past couple of long days and nights of waiting for test results. Medically, it's not looking good but we're trying to hang on and stay strong during this difficult time of our lives. I'm even sorryer as I've got a bunch of recessed grills sets still waiting for me at home to finish up and send out and I can't get to them yet. We're planning to return home this Friday and I will continue to finish and send out orders as fast as I can. Please bear with us as we'll do our best to get orders out on Friday and continue fabricating more to fill others. If you have any question regarding the status of your order, please PM me and I'll address it as soon as I'm able. Please note that I don't have access to a computer too much as most of my time is at the hospital. But, I'll respond to your e-mail as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

rudy
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline opjohn

• Tech
Re: Aftershock status
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 07:59:46 AM »
I really feel for them.... very sad..... :-(
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
2007 - 2.4 - Black - Hahn Stage 3, Hahn Hi-Flow CAT, Solo SQR-2, Foose Nitrous 20's with 452 Falken tires, Norm's Finned Diffuser & Fenders, GReddy BOV & PRofec-B Spec-II B/C, Autometer Mech Boost & Electric Oil Temp gauges, DDM Two gauge A-Pillar POD & Powdercoated valve & engine covers, Illuminated WR, JPM Centre Console, Arm Rests & Visor Covers, ASAP Front, Side, Rear Light Covers & Custom Fuse Box Cover, Stubby Antenna, SprintBooster, DDM Street Backbone, BC Coilovers, Z0K Sway bars

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 04:04:13 PM »
Lost my father, one of "The Greatest Generation", and a great man just over 4 years ago. I'm praying for the best outcome, I know how much this hurts.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 04:33:30 PM »
I too lost mine. Four years at Christmas. We are all hoping and praying that all is well...
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 05:05:17 PM »
Rudy, I don't think any of us is thinking about business in this situations, you shouldn't too.

Family is most important, all my prayers for good health for your father.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline BeachParty

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Custom Fuse Box Covers
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 05:21:53 PM »
Rudy, you are a great asset to this community and a very stand-up guy for even posting something like this. Sending prayers for you and your family in this difficult time.
2007 Sly Solstice GXP – with a super cool Fuse Box Cover

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:56:42 PM »
Rudy ;Praying and for the best. Don't worry over orders they will still be there. Your Father and family come First. Take one day at a time.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline SOLster

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Aftershock Products
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 03:24:28 AM »
To all...

I want to thank you all sincerely from the bottom of my heart for your kind support, thoughts, and prayers.  As of today, the doctor had gave us a brief summary of what had happened with my father.  They suspect a clot may have traveled up his leg and up into his brain stem blocking the main artery to his brain.  This causing an intant chain reaction of a massive stroke in this area of the brain stem.  This happens to be the worst area to have a stroke as the brain stem is the central area that controls the basic auto motor functions such as breathing, blood pressure, pupil dialation, and other basic motor skills we take for granted and involuntarilly control.  The stoke spread from the back of his brain to the front affecting both halves of the hemisphere.  As a result, brain swelling occured and according to the blood tests, he suffered a mild heart attack in the process.

He is currently on life support with a ventilator keeping him breathing and alive and being fed via intravaineously.  The past few days, have been a nightmare for all our family.  Being the eldest of four kids and having the same exact name and birthday as my father, I'm trying to stay strong and focused on the facts of the event and not let my emotions get to me especially in front of my mother.  She's been turning to me for support and guidance but is often succumbed to the devastation of the reality of the possibility of losing her soul mate for over 40+ years.  I'm trying my best to encourage her to be strong with herself and her faith in order to get through this traumatic time of all our lives. 

The doctor's prognosis, thus far, have been pretty blunt and bleak.  Despite our desperation to seek answers to our questions and possible alternatives to solutions, have been met with his cold hard facts type of replies.  The next 48 hours will determine the outcome for my father whether it will be good or bad is all up to the man upstairs at this point.

We've come home late tonight to try to gather pieces of our life back together again temporarily.  I'm going to try to hand finish a few sets of grills and pack them to ship out maybe tomorrow depending on my time schedule as I need to make a 2 hour trip to the other side of the bay to pick up my prototype vacuum-formed side skirts to finish and fit on my vehicle some time later next week for production in the near future.  After picking them up, I'll be returning to meet the rest of my family at the hospital later in the evening.

The small thread of hope so far is that his vitals have stablelized for now and he has shown more physical signs of activity in terms of his body twitching and jerking from outside stimuli.  We are exhausted, emotionally drained and beaten physically and mentally.  But, we're not giving up on Dad.  And we hope that things will continue to stablelize further and even hope that things could possibly reverse its course.  As for now, we're thankful for every day he's with us, even though the odds are against us, we continue to hold our faith high and hope that there'll be further signs of improvement soon.  This traumatic event has, in a sense, brought my family closer than before.  As each one of us lived our busy, high-pressured, and isolated fast-paced lives, this lesson has brought us to realize the importance of having a supporting family through a crisis like this and the reality of how precious and short life really is.

Again, thank you all for all your e-mails, PM's, thoughts and prayers for it is much needed and appreciated from me and my family.

Please contact me if you have questions regarding your orders.  I'll do my best in the time made available to me to finish up pending orders and send them out ASAP.

rudy

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 06:06:28 AM »
Sorry to hear what happened to your father.  You're in my prayers...

Offline Chemist

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 11:33:55 AM »
Rudy,

You have my greatest empathies and prayers. May God give you strength to handle whatever comes your way in the days to come.
I'd rather be driving! :D

Offline GXPsy Rose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »
You & your family are in our prayers (GXPsy Rose & Rogue). 
We understand the emotional turmoil & roller coaster you all are experiencing, being Jeff (Rogue) lost his father (87yrs) 3 years ago to heart attack & lost his mother (90 yrs) just last Nov. &  of course his recent unexpected hospitalization.
These life experiences place a new found zest to be with those you value & love dearly.
Be with you Family at this time and reflect on the "good times & laughter"

Pat & Jeff
GXPsy Rose
2008 BRAZEN GXP w/GMPP tune
Ordered: June 1st 2007 & Delivered: July 20th, 2007

I LOVE MY CAR
NASSOA:  Founding Member #52

Go N.A.K.3.D..
"Life's too short not to drive a fun car"

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 12:21:50 PM »
Rudy,

May strength and perseverance guide you during this difficult time.