Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: DDM Works brakes  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
DDM Works brakes
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:51:01 AM »
Hey all!
Dave was kind enough to answer to my e-mail and let me know that the DDM 4piston caliper kit along with new rotors etc needs no modification (i.e. spacers) and no change of the OEM rims.
 i currenlt have the big brake kit from Opel Vectra OPC (rotor diameter 345mm with single piston caliper) but thinking of DDM solution too.
are these rotors the same diameter as OEM or bigger?
has anyone tried them?
if yes, pls let me know what you think of this brake solution.
Thx!
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
Re: DDM Works brakes
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 12:28:39 PM »
I have their brake calipers on my car and love them!!!  I would recommend them to someone who wants more stopping power and a firmer brake feel.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

lil goat

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 01:08:41 PM »
345mm is roughly 13.5 inches I believe that is much larger than the stock rotor as it is 11.7 inches, but that does not mean the DDM kit won't work with it, just may need an adapter for mounting the caliper.

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 05:28:20 AM »
Thx Spiky3480 for the info. so the feeling is better when breaking (only with the 4 piston calipers) and the breaking power is increased.
lil goat, what u say is correct. i am theoriticaly trying to compare 13.5 inches rotors with single piston caliper versus 11.7 inches with 4 piston caliper. i want to have a clear view if i decide to switch to DDM braking solution (full package-rotors and calipers etc)
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

lil goat

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 07:00:30 AM »
The DDM kit uses the stock rotor, that was my point. The caliper mounting bracket has been the issue with why we don't have larger rotors available for our car. There are several off the shelf calipers that would work with a larger rotor if you make a mounting bracket.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 08:52:52 AM »
I'm sure if you give Dave a call over at DDMWorks, he will have a solution for adapting his caliper upgrade to a larger rotor.  Dave and Randy are a great team and really know what they are talking about.  Their products speak for themselves.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 11:38:52 AM »
I got what u say guys. i thought the DDM kit included new rotors (same dimension as OEM) but new ones with a selection of plain, drilled etc.
I e-mailed Dave. i started this thread coz i wanted to get the opinion of someone who has this braking solution on his car.
Thx guys!
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Chemist

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 11:59:04 AM »
Arabas,

I have the DDM 4-piston calipers and the slotted rotors. I love them. The stopping power is good, feel is good. I've had to get on them hard on a number of occasions and have NOT been disappointed with their performance.
I'd rather be driving! :D