Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New RDC exhaust backfire?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
New RDC exhaust backfire?
« on: August 14, 2009, 09:46:03 AM »
Hi Jeff,
Loving the RDC solo exhaust, but I'm experiencing some backfiring.

Here's the problem as described to someone else:

-----------------------
...took her out today and gave her a good run. She's still pretty wicked. VERY fast off the line. I noticed one thing however. When going fast off the line and switching from 3rd to 4th, when just about at 6000 rpm when I let off on the gas to switch gears it back fires. Is this normal?
-----------------------
I was told it was an exhaust leak?
Does anyone else experience this?
Is it Normal?
Jeff, if it's not normal can I drop by the toronto garage and get it checked out?

Thanks
2008 Mean Yellow GXP, RDC Exhaust, Westers Race Tune, BC Racing coil overs, ZOK Rear Sway bar and poly bushings front and rear.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: New RDC exhaust backfire?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 12:32:09 PM »
Do you have the high flow cat?  Westers can update your tune to help change the backfiring

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 01:54:08 PM »
No, just the stock cat. I was thinking of getting the high flow cat as well, but I didn't want to increase any problems.
2008 Mean Yellow GXP, RDC Exhaust, Westers Race Tune, BC Racing coil overs, ZOK Rear Sway bar and poly bushings front and rear.

lil goat

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »
I have had the problem, easy fix usually, just adjust the band clamps. most likely one of them shifted a little after install, or is not quite tight enough, it just takes a tiny little pin hole to cause this problem, it can also be caused by the gasket at the turbo to the CAT, that is a GM issue, I had 3 of those gaskets fail, since you have the stock CAT, that would be the first place I would look.

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 03:30:13 PM »
Thanks Goat, I'll look into that this weekend.