Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: new member - old lurker  (Read 1591 times)

Offline pharmboy

• Premium Member
  • Tech
new member - old lurker
« on: August 15, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »
 :woohoo:  66yr hospital pharmacist with 2 jobs (retire when I die)- 2007 Sky Redline is my first toy since the 67 GTO which bought after college graduation. Major league lurker ,have rarely posted.This forum and the others (skyroadster & solstice) have saved me and helped me spend some.Stock engine, tried the waste gate mod but apparently didnot get the nuts tight enough and suddenly I was non turbo, double nutted the rod and plenty of locktight fixed that. Most mods (debadging) have been exterior. I have Cobalt door handles to be painted black and look to change ordechrome that Honda grille. Have Eibach springs that I am still debating to use (ground clearance) . probeam is next, and GM tune before dealer closes. JPM arm cushions and center console have been best buy for comfort. adding more cushioning is in the works since I getting a flat-ass and long drives are felt. Hate the recessed dash
lights and hoping to dealer to program to on all the time. Never can see gas gauge in
daylight. Gone thru 3 cup-holders already ,it is poor design, will replace with billett when
warranty is up or I get sick of replacing.

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: new member - old lurker
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 05:22:52 AM »
 Welcome 
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

What's wrong with th OE cup holder :poke: ;) I slam in there, a 24oz stainless steel mug many time a day. Over 36k, replace 1 set of tire :drive:, but no cup holder or door handle :idk: :D 

Mike
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 07:33:07 AM »
Welcome to KappaPerformance,

Nice mod list done/to-do
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 10:59:17 AM »
Welcome pharmboy to Kappa Performance.  Thanks for lurking around here to get to know us, then pulling the trigger to join up.  It is indeed a fun group, all interested in the Kappa's.  Congrats on your ride the 2007 Sky Redline, same year as my Solstice GXP.  Looking forward to maybe running in to you at a Local or National Meet down the line.

Ron
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 12:03:47 PM »
Seen you once in a while on the other forums.
Welcome to the best Kappa forum on the net!  :thumbs:

Offline Eddie Rapido

• Apprentice/Gofer
  • Mostly interested in touring, going to car shows.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 12:11:26 PM »
Welcome to Kappa from one experienced older dude to another. Top and hammer down touring rules! :ca2: :us2:Eddie Rapido. Cup holders! We don't need no stinkin' cup holders! :poke:
2008 Solstice GXP, 5 speed, sport suspension, sport pedals, limited slip diff., monsoon stereo, 18" chrome wheels, fog lights, cruise, power convenience package, A/C, no mods as of yet, only has 4100 kms on it.

Offline Sky 5

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 12:33:20 PM »
Welcome to KP, and Joe's Garage is the best place for do-it-yourselfers.

Regarding cupholders... KappaKruising Rule #7: No food, No drinks, No smoking.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 12:47:30 PM »
  :yay:   Greetings ; pharmboy to the Kappa Performance Forum ONLY the Best place you could ever want to be . If you have a question there is someone here that has an answer.Oh i'm older than Dirt itself. C ya on da road    :yay:   :drive:   around the different areas of the Forum and get to know them   :cheers:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass