Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Auto vs 5-speed T-body difference?  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Bosch

• Tech
Auto vs 5-speed T-body difference?
« on: August 18, 2009, 12:24:33 AM »
Ok guys hang with me here..

Does anyone know if the internal bore on the throttle bodies on the 5-speed and the auto trans cars are the same?

I ask this since with my PT there is a small difference that does affect the launch of the 5-speed cars and a couple horses can be picked up by swapping to an Auto car t-body.. The difference is 6mm on the PT anyone have a clue if there is a diff on the Sol/Sky? Or is this just not possible and why?

Trying to squeeze more HP in that coupe he's got..  :D
LiquidPT has the Mysterious GXP Coupe, I drive the tool wagon the modded 03 PT GT Stage? yes its fast....

Offline GaryH

• Founding Member
  • Tech
Re: Auto vs 5-speed T-body difference?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »
There is a difference between my 07 manual and my wife's 08 automatic.  But I think the difference has to do with 07 and 08 rather that manual and auto.  Email Dave or Randy at DDMworks.  Since they have delt with so many, I'm sure they know.
07 Sky
VIN  1745
Magnaflow Quad Tip exhaust
Tail of the Dragon 2008
Denver 2009
Ohio 2010
08 Sky DDM SC stage ll
Solo Mach exhaust

Offline Divingsolo (formely Randy@DDM)

• Founding Member
  • Vendor
  • Tech