Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hammers Ram CAI with OEM air box  (Read 14743 times)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: Hammers Ram CAI with OEM air box
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 04:02:44 PM »
Slowsol: I know some of them, but look how those guys reacted to shabby's airflow numbers (hpt forum) ;)

shabby: oh common man, you saw their replies about your experience with GMPP tune, besides that I didn't saw more than 35-36lbs/min from their logs.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline shabby

• Master Tech
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2010, 04:33:10 PM »
I think one of them said he was seeing 37lbs/min, not sure about the others since they don't talk about it anymore.

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 10:37:15 PM »
Update with new hand made scoops. Still holding 23psi. It might work to good. Last week I was running in heavy rain. Must been some standing water at the base of the hill. Because I sucked up some water in the intake. Enough to cause misfire codes. Not the 1st. time running in the rain, but was the heaviest & the 1st. time I every got a code with my CAI mod. I have no problems ever sense in rain & shine.

Removed Ram air scoops & installed block off plates over the hose. Still having problems in heavy rain. The air filter will get wet enough, if I go WOT the motor falls flat on it's face. But runs fine up to 3\4 throttle.

Mike
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline |V3nom|

• Tech
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »
thats because you dont have anywhere for the rain to go once it enters the airbox.  shoulda tried cutting some slits or holes in the back of the intake box so the water can run out the back.
08 Bluestone RL Manual
Wester's Race Tune
Solo Street Race with Two Magnaflow 5" Round Mufflers
8K HIDs Lows and Fogs
Lil Chromies
JPM Piston Shifter and Boot Cover
JPM Seat Belt Holders

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2012, 03:52:29 PM »
IMO drainage holes are not going to keep the air filter dry. Because the water & air  (moist air) as a direct path to the air filter. That's my over site :banghead: The moist air wont separate until they hit the air filter. Once air filter become saturated, it will not flow enough air for WOT. 

Mike
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive: