Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: AutoVation (kappasphere/partsforyourcar) Pedals + Optimal heel/toe setup  (Read 12272 times)

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
Do you have the competition or the grid?

Brushed aluminum competition on all the cars.

Will post pics when I get home.
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100

Offline Kenny

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
The gas pedal is bent. I wanted to bend it more. Also you can move the gas pedal cover left to right to get the right spot, or leave it off. It all depends on the heel toe style you employ. Ball of foot or actual heel.

I had originally planned on ball of foot. But the brake pedal is too smushy for that. Maybe DDM calipers are in order.
What I really want to do is make the brake pedal higher up to keep my foot of the floor so I can more easily rotate my foot to make my heel get over to the gas.
2007 Sky Redline - Wester's Tuned - GMPP sensors - RMR Roll Bar - Kirkey Seats
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List
kennysabarese.com - Photos - Facebook - Twitter - RSS

Offline Treeman

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
So I was paying attntion to pedal position driving to work this morning. If anything my brake is too high. I wonder if they changed things with the 2009 or if there is something with your brakes?

In terms of mushiness, I would think of brake lines before calipers.

Thanks for all the info Kenny and PT.
2009 Aggressive GXP
DDM Race Backbone, ProBeam, Coil Cover, Alignment, and Oil Catch Can
Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust
GMPP Tune
LatinVenom Front Brace
Werks Adjustable Sway Bars
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summers/Pirelli 240 Sottozero Winters
Sound Deadener Showdown
Beach Party Central Custom Fusebox Cover
JPM Arm Rests
Lead Foot!

Offline Kenny

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
Yeah not gunna get into pedal feel in this thread. There's plenty of arguments about that elsewhere :)

Also remember with my lower seats I am hitting the pedal at a very different angle my foot doesn't really come down on top of the pedal anymore, which makes the gas pedal angle bad. I hit the bottom of the gas pedal before the top. Unfortunately, the gas pedal is mostly plastic so there is not much hope to modify it.

I'm trying to get a brake pedal arm so I can modify it to move the meat of the pedal higher. If I move the gas pedal any lower it will rub on the floor.

Oh also all my problems would be solved if I could get a transmission with paddle shifters, then I could left foot brake and all this fussing would be sorted out.
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Kenny,

You could just buy an automatic.  Then you wouldn't have to do much of anything.  Just sayin...

As for bending the gas pedal / brake pedal - will you need to heat them up to bend them?  I have tried that before (in the car, so not the best situation) and it was rather difficult.  I ended up modifying the pedal surface, rather than bending the arm. 

GJ
Make the right choices now

Offline Kenny

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
Our automatics do not allow paddle shifters and do not allow engine rev matching out of the box as far as I know. I am constantly trying to find ways to make this work in a solstice. I think the only way is going to be to do a trans swap, or maybe a complete engine/trans swap.

If the Kappa was not cancelled, the auto was going to get a 6 speed auto which would probably be a 6L50, 80 or 90 transmission which supports all of this stuff out of the box on many cars including the Caddy CTS.

Offline Kenny

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
Before the track event last weekend I tried a different approach. Instead of raising the brake pedal. I lowered the gas pedal. I couldn't use the lower hole and I didn't have time to get a proper washer, so I made one. I'll use something nicer eventually.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Then. If ya'll remember I've been complaining about the angle that my feet/legs come at the pedals now that I've installed the lower Kirkey seats. Well I decided to do something creative and change the angle of the pedal by turning the spacers upside down.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The bottom bolt is directly into the pedal base. Then I flipped the spacers over to only work on the top two holes so it changed the angle drastically. It also moved the contact point a little bit higher.  The combination of the two makes heel/toe with my heel a lot easier. I still want to get the pedal up a bit higher, because my heel hits the floor causing me to have to twist my ankle more than I would like.