Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2 stroke oil in gas  (Read 20611 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Re: 2 stroke oil in gas
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 08:25:56 PM »
duckSol and Bones  He tested and recommends Pennzoil W3 or any other that is rated W3

".....I am now comfortable recommending this for all. I also now run this mixture in my GTO/Mercedes/Silverado and G6 with all having smoother running motors and all gaining MPG. Give it a try and let me know your experience. Follow the mixture ratio to the letter. 1 oz per 5 gallons of gas.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

DarkSlySol

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 05:12:39 AM »
I have a couple questions:
1) How would the mixing with the oil clean?
2) Wouldnt it clog the fuel filter and possibly do sumthin to the cat?
3) Woulndt it alter the combustion mixture/emissions a bit? Maybe messing up the O2 sensor?
4) Wuts the worse case scenario for damage by using this?

lil goat

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 06:58:03 AM »
I have a couple questions:
1) How would the mixing with the oil clean?
2) Wouldnt it clog the fuel filter and possibly do sumthin to the cat?
3) Woulndt it alter the combustion mixture/emissions a bit? Maybe messing up the O2 sensor?
4) Wuts the worse case scenario for damage by using this?

Go read the original link all your questions are answered, but the short answer is no. There have been NO report of issue's.

Why not use Lucas, $$$$$$. I got a quart of Penzoil last night at Target for about $3 it will treat 160 gallons, by the gallon it's much cheaper. I just happened to be in Target, Wal-Mart has the better deal, by the way shell, who owns Penzoil and Quaker State makes the oil for Wal-Mart.

I put the first dose in my car last night, no real change but it is supposed to take a couple of tank fulls. I am now making my own fuel additive, 2 oz's 2 cycle oil and 1 oz's MEKP per tankful, millage is already up from the MEKP, lets see where it goes now, cost is just over $1 per tankful. Better living through chemistry!

Offline Mac

• Master Tech
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 02:25:13 PM »
there is no fuel filter on the sol.

DarkSlySol

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »
no filter? wow thats crazy

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »
no filter? wow thats crazy

At least not one that is replaceable.  I don't know if we've ever answered the question of whether or not a permanent filter is located in the fuel tank . . . 
Aggressive #000741

DarkSlySol

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 04:35:39 PM »
i think there might be one in the tank.... but I've been readin' up on it and looks legit. I wouldnt do it looking for a getting big performance and MPG gains. But overall i dont know if i wud do it EVERY single time i'd but gas in but it makes sense. Plus the ratio is small so it wont do anything mad, and worse case scenario is new plugs.

lil goat

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 05:45:52 PM »
You are thinking like it is motor oil, it's not it is meant to be burned, that is what it is designed for. It hasn't done much of anything c=good or bad in my car yet. But it is supposed to take a couple of tanks. I know that today's gasoline lacks the lubrication of yester year. That is just fact, does this help, I don't know yet but I certainly don't think it will hurt anything, oil actually burns quite nicely lost of people use it to heat there homes around here.

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 06:13:15 PM »
Pre-mix oils most certainly DO burn. Otherwise, the plugs will foul, no matter what the mix ratio is. Want proof? Try some synthetic trans oil, and be prepared to WALK !!!!!!!!!
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

DarkSlySol

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »
thats a different type of oil ur refering too tho

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 07:42:04 PM »
thats a different type of oil ur refering too tho
I know. The point I was making was that ALL pre-mix oils are designed to burn. There is a reason two cycles are "two smokes".
Bob Buxbaum

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 08:09:34 PM »
 I don'y Bob my weed wacker mixes more than an oz. its still running and don't smoke but a slight bit . The mix is why you C a little smoke.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline perris

• Master Tech
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »
so, those of you experimenting, how's it going?

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2009, 05:53:22 PM »
Something just dawned on me.

At the surface, I was thinking that if this was so simple, why weren't companies already doing this? Burning added oil in the engine shouldn't hurt anything, but why haven't fuel companies started adding such lubricants themselves.

Can't be price. Oh no, it's certainly not price.

No, it's a word that strikes fear in the heart of any gearhead: Emissions.

Think about it. That's why the early rotary-engined cars weren't allowed into the US. Wankels burn oil on purpose, much like a two stroke engine, and apparently the added soot is melting the icecaps and killing polar bears. According to someone I work with, who runs a small engine business on the side, new production of 2-stroke engines has been slowed/stopped in the US, also for emissions reasons.

So, in order to make less come out of our exhaust pipes, they're killing our cars faster, so more energy can be used to make new cars. Figures.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Ben L

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2009, 06:17:24 PM »
They stopped making/selling 2 stroke outboard boat motors years ago.  I have not missed them, although they would start after just about anything.

lil goat

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2009, 06:39:49 PM »
I am on my third full tank, and I see less soot. The car runs really well, my millage which is usually bad is up about 1 mpg, is it the oil, not a significant enough increase to tell. I am supposedly just now going to start seeing the benefits, have not seen any negatives yet other than having to add it. I just premeasure it in a small plastic bottle and add it when I get gas. For my next trick I am going to try adding e85, but that will be after I have tested this more completely. I have not mentioned any of this to Lyndon, I doubt he would care one way or another.

Offline baconbits

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2009, 07:37:28 PM »
They stopped making/selling 2 stroke outboard boat motors years ago.  I have not missed them, although they would start after just about anything.
Wrong.... Yamaha, Mercury and OMC (ETEC).. all still make 2 stroke outboard motors though now special formulated oil is used .. If you think that you need to burn 2 stroke oil in your 4 stroke motor please run oil that makes minimum  the specs for 2 stroke outboard motor oils..and refrain from 2 stroke air cooled small engine oil.. which is a total different formulation..

Offline seal9

• Founding Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2009, 09:44:56 AM »
OK, 2008 RL  Have 4 tank now and the tail pipe is not sooting up I'm at 29.4 ave thats up 1.5 mpg. We have mixed this for out MS3 for some time but just started in the Sky...so what is really going on. It is cleaning up the DI and some improvement in Mileage (upper cylinder/Valve lubrication? )   Seal9
Chili Pepper Red Loaded/LSD
White Redline Stock
Long tubes/Free Flow Cat
Thermal Research Dual Exhaust
DDM Supercharger Stage II.5
DDM Shock Tower Brace
KONI Adj Shocks
DDM Brakes/Pro Beam/Back Bone
Wideband AFR /Boost
Water/Methyl alc Inj

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »
I'm going to start this pretty soon in my G8.  I just got a new phone ap, gas cubby, so I am waiting a few tanks to get a base line done under normal conditions.  I want to try this, then try the Superchips cortex gas milage program and see how they effect it.

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2009, 10:23:56 AM »
Okay - hey WTF.  :idk:  :huh: I am off to wally world for some SuperTech. Before I start oiling the gas, I'll take a 30 minute run on I-70 for a baseline mileage run. My wife has an 08 Outlook. Her driving is a mix of roads on a consistent basis, so I'll go fill it up and see what she does after a tank full and start on that one, too. She drives more than me, so I should have a before/after on the Outlook much sooner.
Bob Buxbaum

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2009, 01:27:01 PM »
"Okay - hey WTF.     I am off to wally world for some SuperTech"
snaponbob

I am right there with you.  Seems too good, but doesn't seem like it can hurt.

Gentleman Jack
Make the right choices now

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2009, 04:54:17 PM »
Okay, took a short jaunt in Streak before GXPinKC shows up. The temps are about 54F. The drive was on a relatively flat section of Mo. 50. At a steady (cruise controlled) 65 mph the car returned ~32.5 mpg. (I am just not patient enough to drive like that all the time!) At 70 I know the car dips to 30-30.5 mpg and north of 70 it really starts to tank. What an f'n barn door this car is. Anyway, I'll start introducing the oil to the gas. I picked up a $2 bottle of the SuperTech TC-W3 oil and a .99c squirt bottle at WalMart. If this results in reducing soot, and all the schmutz that gets all over the rear facia, I will be satisfied. I would like to KNOW (not guess) what is happening. I know I would not want to do through a California "sniff test" with ANY 2-stroke oil in the tank. Had O known I was going to do this I would have a full 4 gas sniff when I last dyno'ed the car. I might just ask the shop what they would charge for a quick four gas sniff at idle before I do the oil and again after 5 tanks. We'll see.
Bob Buxbaum

Offline perris

• Master Tech
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »
Okay, took a short jaunt in Streak before GXPinKC shows up. The temps are about 54F. The drive was on a relatively flat section of Mo. 50. At a steady (cruise controlled) 65 mph the car returned ~32.5 mpg. (I am just not patient enough to drive like that all the time!) At 70 I know the car dips to 30-30.5 mpg and north of 70 it really starts to tank. What an f'n barn door this car is. Anyway, I'll start introducing the oil to the gas. I picked up a $2 bottle of the SuperTech TC-W3 oil and a .99c squirt bottle at WalMart. If this results in reducing soot, and all the schmutz that gets all over the rear facia, I will be satisfied. I would like to KNOW (not guess) what is happening. I know I would not want to do through a California "sniff test" with ANY 2-stroke oil in the tank. Had O known I was going to do this I would have a full 4 gas sniff when I last dyno'ed the car. I might just ask the shop what they would charge for a quick four gas sniff at idle before I do the oil and again after 5 tanks. We'll see.
can't wait to hear your test results, thanx for doing this

lil goat

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2009, 02:59:12 PM »
I finally got a chance to talk to Lyndon (actually email) about the 2 cycle oil and the MEKP that I have been adding to my gas. Here is his response.
"MEKP would be a real good additive--not sure about the oil--that could actually cause detonation because it tends to
ignite under compression...monitor it to be safe."

See I am not as dumb as I look, I may cut the 2 cycle in half but the car is running very well at the moment and I was able to tighten the wastgate with no knock. I have to be very careful because I now break the tires loose even with the traction control on. Torque is almost silly.

Offline redlinedude

• Master Tech
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2009, 10:18:28 PM »
A friend of mine has an older muscle car and swears by a product called Marvel Mystery Oil. He puts it in his car every time he fills up. Has anyone on this forum ever heard of or used this product? Would this product be similar to what some are doing with the 2 cycle oil?

http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/site/products/

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 10:31:29 PM by redlinedude »
Drove My Redline home top down on 12/12/06
In 60 Degree weather In Akron, Ohio !!
Silver Pearl / Black Leather
5 Speed
Limited-Slip Differential
Chrome Wheels
6-Disc CD Monsoon
Stubby B Antenna
JPM Leather Console
Enjoying another cancer free day !!