Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Tierra del Sol - land of the Sol!  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Tierra del Sol - land of the Sol!
« on: September 20, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »
Hello all! Just picked up an 07 Deep GXP - 11,105 miles new!

Bone stock, for now!  Looking forward to meets, fun, learning and laughing.   :bs:

Anybody  in San Diego?
Make the right choices now

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Tierra del Sol - land of the Sol!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 02:21:18 PM »
Hey Tierra del Sol, welcome to the Kappa Performance forums. It was nice to meet you over on the big board and now you're gonna see where the serious fun begins.  :thumbs:

There are lots of great people here and some that will be familiar to you from over on the BB. To post a picture here is similar to how you did it over there the difference being that if you choose to be a "supporting member" or a "lifetime supporting member" here you can host the pictures here on the Kappa Performance server.

http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?action=treasury

Again, welcome to the Kappa Performance forum Tierra del Sol!  :brnout:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 02:43:14 PM »
Welcome Tierra del Sol,  :ttiwwp:

Give us more info, any thoughts on upgrades?
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 09:36:42 PM »
Welcome, too bad the Jets won today.  Buffalo did better tonight.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »
Thanks all!

I haven't been this excited about  working on a car in a long time! 

Here is what I am looking to do:

Tune - first thing
CAI- is it worth it?
Exhaust - free flowing, but not too loud (it's not a V-8 afterall)
Brakes - what to do here?

anything else you might recommend?

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 05:35:26 PM »
Are you free on Sundays ??
A couple of us over here in the L.A. area usually have meets on sundays.
It would be awesome to set something up somewhere in between or down in San Diego !

I have an 08 Deep GXP, Manual Trans with Dejon Intake, Dejon Intercooler, Solo Performance Street Race Exhaust and Westers tune.  I also have a custom tunnel trace and my car is lowered.

I'll definitely let you drive my car.  I think you'll be amazed at how much of a difference lowering springs & a tunnel brace can make in handling.  I think you'll also love the Solo exhaust and Westers tune ;)
:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 07:12:52 PM »
Sounds great!  Sundays are good for me and this Sunday in particular since the little miss is out of town!  Bacheloring it for 10 days!!!!   :award: :cheers: :lol: :yay: :D :idk: :drive: :thumbs: :woohoo: :rofl: :dancing: :idiot: :nuts: :censor: :) :poke: :barf: ;)

that should cover it....

What is the plan for Sunday?  I have found some unbelieveable runs the last two weeks, and I am going out this afternoon to "test" another one.  I am sure there are some great ones between you and I.  How far are you from say, Dana Point / San Clemente?  How about Temecula?

Steven

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »
Sounds great!  Sundays are good for me and this Sunday in particular since the little miss is out of town!  Bacheloring it for 10 days!!!!   :award: :cheers: :lol: :yay: :D :idk: :drive: :thumbs: :woohoo: :rofl: :dancing: :idiot: :nuts: :censor: :) :poke: :barf: ;)

that should cover it....

What is the plan for Sunday?  I have found some unbelieveable runs the last two weeks, and I am going out this afternoon to "test" another one.  I am sure there are some great ones between you and I.  How far are you from say, Dana Point / San Clemente?  How about Temecula?

Steven

55 miles away from dana point
70 miles from Temecula

So far this Sunday there is an open meet at the Hyundai Dealership in City of Industry, CA.  Right now roughly about 4 Sols are going and we're gonna have a mini mod meet at my house after, which is about 10 min away from the dealership.

Gonna be transfering a backbone from Filipps car to my car, while Bennie (goofyboy) is gonna install some LED's in my footwells.  Who knows what else may happen lol.

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 09:05:43 PM »
What part of SD are you in anyway???  I was just down there last week.  The GF and I went to the Wild Animal Park haha.  We stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Sorento-Mesa on Mira Mesa Blvd.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 10:45:26 PM »
Dee[.

Too bad I didn't know you were going to the WAP.  Next time down this way, let me know in advance.  Sending PM.

I live in La Mesa, south of WAP and your hotel, but not far 10-15 mins away.  Why are we meeting at a Hyundai dealer?  Just curious.  Sounds like a good time.  What should I bring?

Also- only a 10 minute drive?  what fun is that?  Guess I will have to have all my fun coming up there.  Anybody else heading north?  Could meet up along the way...

What Hyundai dealer (if there is more that one in CoI?)

SB

edit- Name change- See EVOLUTION thread for explanation.  Sorry for any confusion
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 01:21:43 AM by Gentleman Jack »