Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: YAY! ANOTHER NEW MEMBER!  (Read 2952 times)

Offline almighty.peanut

• Premium Member
  • Tech
YAY! ANOTHER NEW MEMBER!
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:45:30 PM »
Howdy folks!  I live in Chantilly, VA and just bought my brand new wife a brand new (used) car!  That car, my friends, is a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP.  We both love the hell out of that car.  It's like a really quick go-kart and is an absolute blast to drive.  I have a blown 2007 C6 and I find myself wanting to ride around in her car more often it seems.  It's a bit uncomfortable for me being 6'3 235lbs, but hey, I'm having way too much fun to notice at the time :)

Anyway, I just joined up because I saw there's a lot of meets in the VA/MD region and would love to see what people have what mods on their car.  This is my girl's first sports car as she's used to sedans and such.  She used to always wonder what the obsession was with my car and modding it (used to have a modded to hell Mustang before the vette), but now she's starting to get the fever.  She really wants to start with interior and exterior appearance mods, I on the other hand, want performance.

Speaking of, is it worth it to get the upgrade through GM for that extra oomf of power, or can I just get a handheld and get essentially the same results?  Could it easily be put back to stock if something happens to take it in for warranty?

OK, that's enough from me in my first post here.  Just wanted to say howdy mostly!  I'm making my girl join up too so she can partake in the festivities.  So she'll be dropping in here or starting her own topic too :)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: YAY! ANOTHER NEW MEMBER!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 10:00:05 PM »
First of all welcome, nice to see such a nice couple, blown C6 Vette and GXP which is about to be upgraded.

So why you are posting about a GXP when you drive a Vette?  :rofl: Looks like you started to love the baby vette  :poke: I will keep the answers about upgrades for GXP for the owner of the car  :poke:

I'm close to your dimensions 6'35 and 210 lbs and I don't bother with the space in my Opel GT which is similar with the Sol GXP. I would love to have a Vette but in this part in the world I have to pay double than in US for one and I chosen a twin sister of Saturn Sky.

We all have a rule here, you have to post pictures with you and the car, this applies to ladies too.  :ttiwwp:

Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 11:00:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Click the meet in my signature and see the details. 

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:15:36 PM »
I just activated Bitty Solstice, Welcome to the forum

Offline Bitty Solstice

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »
Hello, this is the wife! I have pictures of the two cars together, but not with us with them yet.

We call them the yellows, and here they are snuggling together.

I am interested in modding the car, mainly the interior. I have an obsession with having pretty consoles, not to say it isn't nice, but I want something more! I really like the saturn sky's interior, it's so pretty. I didn't think I'd get into this like my husband, but I've caught the bug. I didn't even think I'd ever have a sports car of my own! Still working out how to drive manual well, I haven't driven a stick since high school. My husband drives it a lot better.

This icon sums up my feelings for my new car-
 :woohoo:

Offline almighty.peanut

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 11:44:15 PM »
thanks deep blue!  i guess we'll have to get some pictures of us together with the rides some time this weekend i think.  we actually want to do a photo shoot.  making them gives high 5s, kissing with their hoods, you know, the usual things teenage cars do! 

time for me to use the mighty search function and hunt for a few answers to my own questions instead of just being lazy and asking and waiting :D

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 11:57:10 PM »
First off, welcome !

Second- go to the vendor section and check out the sponsors stuff  There is all kinds of things there, JPM Coachworks can snaz up that interior, Norms can take care of the exterior and so on and so on....  The hardest decision will be who gets to drive, not what to do to the car. 

Have fun!  I got mine Sept. 1st 2009, and I am IN LOVE!
Make the right choices now

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 12:05:50 AM »
first off welcome!!!!

check out http://www.blackcatcustom.com/Pontiac%20Solstice.htm and see what they can do for your gauge's to custom them too. call them and they can do almost anything..

Offline DrJones

• Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 07:06:33 AM »
Not sure how I went almost an entire year before even hearing about this forum. I thought the "other" forum was pretty much the only one out there.
lots of familiar names. and i've posted these outdated pictures before on the "other" forum.

2007 - GXP - White
F-Prepared - Crazy Monkey Racing
Westers Garage/Norms Fiberglass/AVON TYRES

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »
Bitty - JPM coachworks for interior mods
Peanut -  DDMWorks for suspension mods
Peanut -  Several tuners - check the side panels
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »
Bitty,  JPM will be at my place at the next meet.  They do upgrades on the spot.  There will be other rides with plent of examples there.

DrJones, Welcome to the forum.  Love the pics of your ride.  Super wide track there.

Offline DickW

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 10:11:05 AM »
If you go to the Maryland Mod Meet in October, you will see just about every possible perfomance and interior mod. Plus you will meet some great people. :cheers:
08 Cool Gxp, XM radio, Monsoon Package, 3M Clear bra. Vertical doors, Solo Mach and  3 inch Cat. GMPP turbo upgrade, DDM Race Backbone and Probeam

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 10:20:55 AM »
Wow!  A first, I believe, 3 welcomes on one thread.  Awesome!!!!  Welcome almighty-peanut for bringing Bitty Solstice along for the ride as a new member of the forum, and keeping it in the family as well.  You will love it here!  Also welcome to Dr Jones and thanks for the great shots!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:11:22 PM by GXPinKC »
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 12:43:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum as everyone has mentioned, take a look at JPM Coachworks they are masters at improving the interior looks and quality.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 07:41:53 AM »
 Welcome 
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline almighty.peanut

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 09:22:46 AM »
haha, thanks guys!  i spent half of my time at work browsing the forums and the sponsor links.  i almost got the westers but decided to hold off for a couple weeks.  i still need to get my new pulley and belt on so it's a conflict of interest.  don't want my car thinking i'm cheating on it ;)