Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2056 times)

Offline RedLine Ronnie

• Tech
Hello
« on: September 29, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »
My name is Ron Lebert I live just out side of Windsor Ont. Canada in Lakeshore Township. I worked for General Motors & am now Retired @ the ripe old age of 52. They are closing our plant, Windsor Transmission. I was a Machine Repair man Skilled Trades. I have been working on cars since i was 15. I took Automotive Technology in College. Then started a apprenticeship @ GM. @ 21years. I have a2008 Midnight Blue RedLine with the GM. stage II kit. I run the Essex County Kappa Club. We hang with the MKC in Michigan.  :ca:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 04:20:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Great color Redline, sorry to hear about the plant.  Do you have something else lined up?

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 04:46:31 PM »
Ronnie, welcome to the Kappa Performance forums! I too am sorry to hear about the demise of the Windsor transmission plant. I am a tradesman at GM in the St. Catharines powertrain plant where we make parts that they use in the transmissions that they build in Windsor.

Ron (GXPinKC) I'm sure will chime in before long and will ad you to our list of Canadian members. Please take a second to update your profile with your location so everyone will know where you are from.

It's great to have you here Ron. Again, welcome to the board!

:ca2: :ca2: :ca2:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »
Welcome from Greece Ron!
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Ben L

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 05:38:30 PM »
Welcome to the best Kappa forum on the Interweb.  Always nice to have someone who actually made the things we love.  Keep the faith. . . .  Your knowledge and experience will be appreciated here.

Offline TecSolOnt

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 06:50:34 PM »
  Welcome neighbour !

DeepBlue if he goes looking for a job who am I going to go for coffee with ?  :idk:

SlyBob you might remember Redline from our cruise with the Ont Sol/Sky owners to Niagara, he was there with us, here is a pic....

DDM ST II Supercharged , DDM Pro Beam, DDM Backbone, Solo Performance Mach Exhaust, Norms Diffuser Valance, Kappa Windscreen, Sound Deadener

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 10:11:57 PM »
 Welcome 
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline KWhale

• Playing with my
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »
Welcome from someone born in Windsor, raised in Belle River, but alas now out west (since 79)!  I was going to say that techsol would be happy there was a new member in the area, but it seems you already know each other.
The most Northern Senior Member on the map!!!
http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?action=googlemap

Offline DCLocal

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 05:51:22 AM »

Welcome Ron!
Topless in the District

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog