Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Differences between Opel, Saturn and Pontiac ECMs  (Read 15956 times)

Offline Kagem

• Master Tech
Re: Differences between Opel, Saturn and Pontiac ECMs
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »
I will agree with Arabas, he described the trifecta effect as we live it all these days. You want something different you e-mail Vince and he sends you a new tune more or less powerful, whatever you ask him for he will be at your service. I am pleased with the tune as i can see 23-25 psi to all the rpm range and i feel that the car has now the power that deserves to have. The important thing is to get the satisfaction you want from your car, not to make it be faster than something else. Another reason i went with trifecta is because the person who makes the tune is a professional genius in computer programming and loves cars, so he is the right person for the right job. Good luck parkcaka whatever you choose....

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2010, 01:49:25 PM »
I will agree with Arabas, he described the trifecta effect as we live it all these days. You want something different you e-mail Vince and he sends you a new tune more or less powerful, whatever you ask him for he will be at your service. I am pleased with the tune as i can see 23-25 psi to all the rpm range and i feel that the car has now the power that deserves to have. The important thing is to get the satisfaction you want from your car, not to make it be faster than something else. Another reason i went with trifecta is because the person who makes the tune is a professional genius in computer programming and loves cars, so he is the right person for the right job. Good luck parkcaka whatever you choose....
:thumbs: For those words, very nicely put. Almost feeling your joy, very glad you go in a great direction. I hope George feels like you  :poke:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline parkcaka

• Tech
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »
Kagem thanks for the info!!!

I'll tell you my results as soon as I get my tune.

i do not want to hijack the thread but today about 2 hours ago i installed my magnaflow 3" exhaust. there was traffic around so i really could't test but car seemed to lose power on lower rpms:( its maybe my imagination or magnaflows low key sound make you feel you go slower???

maybe the ecm is trying to adopt the new part??? i know trifecta tune will take care of this problem.

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2010, 09:36:50 AM »
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe you usually loose some low end tourque when you open up the exhaust on stock vehicles, you maybe only gain small HP up top.

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2010, 10:46:35 AM »
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe you usually loose some low end tourque when you open up the exhaust on stock vehicles, you maybe only gain small HP up top.

Jimmybaja, you are tottaly correct, we saw that with Kagem last night that we raced a little bit, both having the final Trifecta tune. Kagem's car is stock other than the tune, while i have K&N filter, Solo cat and Solo Mach Shorty. 2nd gear rolling, Kagem's GT spooled up a bit faster and made 1/3 of a car difference, 3rd gear mid, we were even and from then on and as the rpm's were getting higher and higher my GT with exhaust etc was building a difference (can' t say how much it was, coz i couldn't check it) but it was obvious that without any exhaust mods, the car spools up faster at low rpms and with exhaust mods you get some more hp on high rpm's.

@Parkcaka  did u get your trifecta tune yet? all of us are almost done here, and the tune is great. Greece and Turkey VS Romania !! lol !
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2010, 11:22:54 AM »
Arabas: I can argue with that. Looks like Kagem knows how to launch better from a roll but I won't reveal a possible secret  :poke:
To prove my opinion I have this:

Base Power / TQ are before exhaust and Test Power / TQ are after exhaust.

With full info in this thread:
http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=3189.0

Stop judging based on your butt dyno and get yourself to a real dyno, as you can see on my dyno graph, it's a HUGE difference in TQ at the same point where I was before exhaust. So basically an exhaust will not make you loose anything but only gains.

Steeeve, where are you when I need you most?  :gaah:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:29:01 AM by Kelu »
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Kagem

• Master Tech
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2010, 01:22:20 PM »
There is no secret, we are friends and there is no way i would cheat, i want Araba's car to be faster than mine because that's how it must be, he is modded and i am not so what happens is that my turbo does better in low rpms where Arabas with Solo Mach Shorty has more gap to fill in with fumes that do not still exist in low rpm and that is why he is left a bit behind in the beginning, where afterwards he is gained because of many fumes that find their way easier to escape while mine stuck in the pipes....

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2010, 02:11:02 PM »
It takes several starts and stops for the computer to adjust to the differences.  Try again after 1500k and see what happens
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2010, 02:36:30 PM »
Kagem: skill is not cheating, but a close drag race is won at start, at a drag strip you will call me a cheater because I had better reaction times and won against you? ;)
Get your cars on a dyno and check black on white, until then I sustain that the differences are too small to make conclusion because I don't agree with it. I have race downpipe from Solo so that should show more lag than Arabas' High Flow downpipe in your theory. In general theory a turbo engine with a free exhaust will spool faster because exhaust gases flow better, with a mention that depends also of the tune.

To tell you what I felt between before and after exhaust comparing with my friends, 2 car lengths and 4th gear being more stronger (roll on and from a dig).

@Parkcaka  did u get your trifecta tune yet? all of us are almost done here, and the tune is great. Greece and Turkey VS Romania !! lol !
Last time when I checked you were fleeing a challenge  :lol: You thought you will get alone so easily?  :lol:

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2010, 06:41:17 PM »
as u said Kelu, just my butt dyno to prove what i said and many races withKagem and some other GT friends.
if what u say is true, then you will make me belive that Kagem's white rocket is possesed by the speed demon!!! lol
i keep what Critterman said about our ECM. will check in the future
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
Reaction time for a driver is very important.
Have you all traded cars and do the same rolling race and see if it remains the same.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2010, 08:04:03 PM »
Have you all traded cars and do the same rolling race and see if it remains the same.
Good idea  :thumbs:

Offline Kagem

• Master Tech
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2010, 11:38:48 AM »
Yes great idea, although i'll have a hard time fitting in Arabas seat because he has it too close to the wheel  :drive:

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »
You know our car have a leaver which can be operated and move the seat front and back and also has a button for up and down?  :lol:

Offline Kagem

• Master Tech
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2010, 12:14:52 PM »
Tell me you're joking bacause all this time i am driving with high heels  :rofl:

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2010, 12:34:36 PM »
Tell me you're joking bacause all this time i am driving with high heels  :rofl:
Oh, I thought you are a guy but sometimes the appearances might be confusing  :rofl:

Offline Kagem

• Master Tech
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »
Yes i'm a bold lady with muscles and high heels, how does that sound? The only thing that looks good on me is my car....

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2010, 04:51:32 PM »
Kagem and Arabas would you consider driving each others car and see if it is the driver or the car.
This will help in trying to determine what is going on here with the tune.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Kagem

• Master Tech
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2010, 06:59:21 PM »
We tried tonight me and another friend of mine starting from low rpm, he has another tune, and as the car needs a few seconds to spool out from 1500 rpm when you suddenly press the pedal , him got to spool out quicker taking a distance half of a car ahead from me. I have no mods except from the tune, my friend has a european tune along with solo hf cat and solo mach shorty. Opinions needed....

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2010, 03:49:57 AM »
You were in his car and him was in yours?

Offline Kagem

• Master Tech
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2010, 06:00:38 AM »
No we were driving our own cars....

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2010, 07:11:36 AM »
Yes i'm a bold lady with muscles and high heels, how does that sound? The only thing that looks good on me is my car....

now that s what i call illegal drag race !!! lololololol.
latinVenom, this would be a good idea at a closed environment i.e. a track, but i wouldn t like to take responsibility for Kagem's car, should anything goes wrong at a race...
to set things straight, when the third horn is sounded, we simply step on the gas pedal, we don t use the clutch in order to gain some distance. Me and Kagem, would never do this to our car. we both think it is brutal for the car. i prefer losing a race than rape my car..
the tune is awesome, and Vince told me that he has maxed out all the boost at lower rpm's.

BTW does anybody know how many degrees avance BTDC is our LNF engine stock?
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2010, 10:46:55 AM »
Arabas - the timing is veriable it changes depending on what you are doing.  I have a 2.4 and a dashhawk where I can monitor timing.  If I remember correctly it is around 13-15 at an idle, 35-40 at cruise and in the 20's at WOT.

Could be different on an LNF, deep you have a dashhawk ever monitored your timing?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2010, 10:51:23 AM »
yeap, my bad Critterman, i meant at WOT. it must be something like 10 or 11 (or maybe i am tottaly wrong).
Deep can you pls throw some light here? degrees avance at idle, WOT and cruise for our LNF pls...
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »
Wow!! i just turned my laptop on, opened my mail, and there it was! one more updated tune from Trifecta for my GT, after i discussed with Vince for more power on the lower rpm's!!
unfortunately, i will not be anywhere near my car for the next 3 days.... i can t wait to try my new tune!!

poweeeeeeeeeeer!!!!
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB