Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: SOLO Performance Exhaust Kit Pricing  (Read 8328 times)

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
SOLO Performance Exhaust Kit Pricing
« on: October 03, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »
All of our Solo Performance exhaust kits are in stock and ready to ship.  Please call me at 516-655-9002 with questions, or to place an order. 

Pricing is as follows:

Quad Tip Mach- $778 SHIPPED
Link to Kit Information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/solo-mach-quad-tip-kits-31994/

Quad Tip Mach Shorty- $782 SHIPPED
Link to Kit Information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/solo-mach-quad-tip-kits-31994/

Quad Tip Street Race- $633 SHIPPED
Link to Kit Information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/quad-tip-street-race-kits-10-off-32456/

Sky Redline Mach- $753 shipped
Link to Kit Information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/sky-redline-mach-exhaust-kit-29700/

Sky Redline Mach Shorty- $757 shipped
Link to Kit Information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/sky-redline-mach-shorty-exhaust-kit-29703/

Sky Redline Street Race- $608 shipped
Link to Kit Information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/sky-redline-street-race-exhaust-kit-29704/

Sky Redline High Flow Catalytic Converter- $405 shipped
Link to Product Information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/sky-redline-high-flow-catalytic-converter-29706/

Sky Redline Catless Downpipe (Off-Road Only)- $229 shipped
Link to Product information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/sky-redline-high-flow-catalytic-converter-29706/

Sky 2.4 Cat-Back- $568 shipped
Link to Kit Information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/sky-n-cat-back-exhaust-kit-29702/

Sky 2.4 Axle-Back- $243 shipped
Link to Kit Information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/sky-n-axle-back-exhaust-kit-29701/

Sky 2.4 High Flow Catalytic Converter- $320 shipped
Link to Product Information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/sky-high-flow-catalytic-converter-29705/

Sky 2.4 Shorty Header- $355 shipped
Link to Product Information--> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/sky-shorty-header-29707/

All Solstice Kits are still available also.  Please PM me for more information.  You can also call me at 516-655-9002 with any questions or orders.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 06:50:17 PM by spicy3480 »
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline DCLocal

• Premium Member
  • Tech
Re: SOLO Performance Exhaust Kits- Still on Sale!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:22:12 PM »
Call me the latest Solo Cheerleader.  For anyone even remotely considering a Solo exhaust all I can say is it’s totally worth it.  I had the GXP Mach and cat installed at SMMM6 (thank you Joe!) and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.  I really don’t know why I waited so long.

I’ve had so many comments on how sweet the exhaust sounds.  I especially love the mellow burbling sound when shifting and decelerating, it really sounds mean without being loud or offensive.  It’s absolute heaven.  Going Solo really is worth the investment. :thumbs:
Topless in the District

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 09:59:36 PM »
Thanks DC...we hope more people order from us and spread the sweet sound of SOLO.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

INTRUDER

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 06:35:46 AM »
Romanian Solo sound preacher here  :ro:, also the craftsmanship is perfect when is about performance  :drag:.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 01:20:01 AM »
Spiky / Spicy.

What are your thought on just replacing the cat with a better one?  I ask for two reasons 1. I live in California where the police like to bug you about everything and 2. budgitery concerns.  Do you think one might gain 50 percent of the benifits (performance, not sound) out of just a cat?  Or cat downpipe perhaps? 

PM me if that is better for you.  Thanks in advance!
Make the right choices now

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 04:52:41 AM »
GJ, if the California emissions just reads the ECM for codes like they do in Maryland, a Solo Cat will work fine.  You get your biggest gains from a high flow cat.  Cats aren't cheap because of whats in them.  A typical Solo Mach exhaust and cat isn't going to attract Police.  A street race and high flow will.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 09:16:32 AM »
What Joe said is totally correct.  The most restrictive part of the entire exhaust is the OEM cat.  Changing to a high flow cat will increase performance more than if you simply changed the exhaust.  Changing both would yield the largest gains, especially if planning on tuning the car.  One of our kits plus the cat would work just fine, or simply just the cat.  If you go Street Race and cat, it will be very loud.  Usually, most go with the Mach setup and the higher flowing cat.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

INTRUDER

Offline simkow

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »
If I could find someone to install it, I would purchase the hi-flow cat today.  Most likely I will wait until next years nationals before I can get it done.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »
If I could find someone to install it, I would purchase the hi-flow cat today.  Most likely I will wait until next years nationals before I can get it done.

I see you work for GM.  Are you in Canada?  If we know you location, we may be able to help direct you to someone who can.  If you are good with tools, we can help guide you to install it yourself.

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 04:16:24 PM »

Any competent shop can install both.  As can you if you are at all handy with tools, although the CAT does require a tad more dexterity and preferably a hoist and transmission jack if you have access to them.

Of course neither CAT nor system will give you any more power as long as you are running GM programming, but they will certainly sound different!
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
1958 MGA Twincam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Bill in BC

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 07:06:55 PM »
GJ, if the California emissions just reads the ECM for codes like they do in Maryland, a Solo Cat will work fine.  You get your biggest gains from a high flow cat.  Cats aren't cheap because of whats in them.  A typical Solo Mach exhaust and cat isn't going to attract Police.  A street race and high flow will.
What Joe said is totally correct.  The most restrictive part of the entire exhaust is the OEM cat.  Changing to a high flow cat will increase performance more than if you simply changed the exhaust.  Changing both would yield the largest gains, especially if planning on tuning the car.  One of our kits plus the cat would work just fine, or simply just the cat.  If you go Street Race and cat, it will be very loud.  Usually, most go with the Mach setup and the higher flowing cat.

Thanks DBG and Spicy- I don't mind a bit louder.  Have had a few friends get harassed by the local authority for aftermarket exhaust and other items, so was looking to keep stock look out back.  Also, from what I have heard if the guy doing the smog feels like being a PITA, he can ding you for haveing any aftermarket exhaust parts, then the burdern is to prove it is 50 state legal.  Stock look, non stock performance would be my goal.  Will be looking in to a tune in the near future, so that problem can be overcome as well.  
Make the right choices now

Offline KWhale

• Playing with my
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 01:12:42 AM »
GJ, I went with the high flow cat and Mach exhaust.  Is it louder than stock, for sure, is it a "cop magnet", not even close!  When I'm idling, it's just a little more throaty sounding, and when you open it up it has a nice bark to it, but the only time you hear it that loud is when you are getting on it....and why would you do that if a cop is looking at you?? LOL

As far as the dork doing the smog check, well, if we could 100% plan to avoid dorks in our lives that would be sweet, but they're everywhere, and you can't plan on running into one of them.  My suggestion, just keep your stock parts in the basement, and if by chance you run into a dork, you can swap the old one on for about $60 (or do it yourself if you're handy like that), and get re-tested.  Although I doubt you would need to do that, it's nice to have the option.

In other words.....GO FOR IT!
The most Northern Senior Member on the map!!!
http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?action=googlemap

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
Re: SOLO Performance Exhaust Kit Pricing
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 08:44:05 PM »
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

INTRUDER

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 10:00:02 PM »
Is there a differance in the design of the Red line high flow Cat and the GXP high flow Cat??
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 11:59:59 PM »
No sir...they are both the same:)
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

INTRUDER

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 12:15:28 AM »
thank you and sorry for the Derailment  . I had just though of that ,the one I got was from a redline Thanks Again
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline badbird

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 12:48:30 AM »
I had the full mach and high flow cat installed WAYYY back at the Vegas Nationals in 08. Love it love it love it!!!! I will never get tired of listening to the sound of a properly executed downshift, followed shortly by WOT music.... :yay: :yay:
Solo Full Mach and Hi-Flow Cat, (thanks Jeff)
DEJON polished Alum. CAI> (thanks Dave)
MBRP Charge Pipes (thanks Steve)
San's Chicklets
Debadged
Custom Fender Vents
Little Chromies (thanks Kappasphere)
Painted Calipers
DDM Works Backbrace
& Coil Cover (thanks Dave & Randy)
MZP Billet caps (thanks Mathieu)
MBRP Turbo Shield (thanks Steve)
DDM pillar pod (thanks Dave & Randy)
Areoforce Gauges (purchased from DDMworks)
GMR Tune (thanks Martin)
GRM Drilled and Slotted Rotors (thanks Martin)
Autobot Emblems (Thanks T&T ASAP Graphics)
Airbag light overlay (Thanks T&T ASAP Graphics)