Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: just a thought???  (Read 2268 times)

Offline wegman

• Founding Member
  • Tech
just a thought???
« on: October 12, 2009, 09:59:33 PM »
could we put the 06 07 grand prix ls4 engine in our cars??? :idk: displacement on demand.. :drool:.. would a t56 hook up? any thoughts?
08 gxp 2 10\" subs and avic fb900..
wish list/
other rides= 2004 rubber mounted 1250cc harley davidson sporster custom complete engine up grade 100whp and 100 ftp

Offline Doctor

• Tech
Re: just a thought???
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 04:37:29 PM »
Well from my understanding you can put anything RWD in our car. It's just a matter of how much other crap you'll have to change to make it all work. I mean I know of a Sky out there that had the engine relocated to the rear with 1000 hp. As far as the T56 I'm unsure if the bell housing would mate with the engine as I've never seen the "backside" of an LS4. But in the world of custom fabrication a lot is possible.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:10:10 PM »
In Colorado last year there was a Sky with an LS 5 hooked up to a 6 speed .All of the eigine compartments were made to fit a V 8 then they changed
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:53:48 PM by 1 LIL NDN, Reason: correction »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 04:16:45 AM »
theres a solstice with a 2JZ in it too

Offline Mihela816

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »
The LS4 has a 60 degree bolt pattern for the trans, and it has it's own accessory setup. . About the only trans that would work is out of an old S10. Stick with the regular LS motors, they are a lot easier to work with.
2006 Solstice, Cool, 5MT
Werks Tune