Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hood with single ram-air nostrol for Solstice?  (Read 17305 times)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Hood with single ram-air nostrol for Solstice?
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 07:43:23 PM »
I attached the photos to Kenny's post.

I think t he scoop would look better if it tapered off in the back.

Offline almighty.peanut

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »
Yup, wanted it. They're not building it. Too much up front cost with no guarantee of recouping it.
damn.. not even built-to-order ones?  or do you mean they don't have the means to build it and make enough money to justify?  sorry for my ignorance.

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 09:15:57 PM »
damn.. not even built-to-order ones?  or do you mean they don't have the means to build it and make enough money to justify?  sorry for my ignorance.

There's upfront R&D cost in designing, then building the molds, etc. Aftershock is Rudy's side business, and, I believe, and he didn't have the time nor the several thou it would take to develop the hood.

Getting the recessed grills done was enough headache for him that I think he's just trying to get some of the smaller parts made at this point.
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100

Offline deepwater805

• Master Tech
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 10:39:46 PM »
Check out the Aftershock.com hood. It has a single scoop with two heat extracter vents on the hood sides. It looks pretty cool. If it had been on the market when I got my hood I would have gotten it instead of the RK Sports one. However, it's still in the developement stage, but if enough interest is shown they might step up the release date some.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 10:44:08 PM »
Check out the Aftershock.com hood. It has a single scoop with two heat extracter vents on the hood sides. It looks pretty cool. If it had been on the market when I got my hood I would have gotten it instead of the RK Sports one. However, it's still in the developement stage, but if enough interest is shown they might step up the release date some.

Rudy says that the startup cost is too much to take on the project.

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 12:27:02 AM »

That's the one we've been talking about...
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun

Offline deepwater805

• Master Tech
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 12:56:43 AM »
Oh yeah....I gotta start reading the 2nd page posts before opening my big posting mouth. Too bad about the start up costs being so much, cuz that's the best looking hood design so far.

Offline SOLster

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Aftershock Products
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 02:47:26 AM »
Rudy says that the startup cost is too much to take on the project.

Thanks all for the interest in our hood design concepts.  Yes, the molds for the hoods, and there would be two parts: the inner frame and outter shell, would be expensive for such a large part.  Both Yamatr3 and I have been working on different ideas during its progression.  But because of weak sales of current parts offered, we felt that this project needs to be put on the back burner til the economy starts on the upswing.  When things look better, financially, we'll bring this back to development along with other pending projects on the menu. 

There has been talk about possibly designing the exit vents separately and to be dropped and blended into a hood as another alternative to the entire hood.  An idea that I think would be worth prototyping in the near future.  The intake, as a separate piece, would be another project in itself.

rudy

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 07:13:11 PM »
Rudy...that hood with the two vents and single scoop is brilliant!  I love it.  A single colored stripe on that scoop would look bada**.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline almighty.peanut

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 10:32:11 PM »
Thanks all for the interest in our hood design concepts.  Yes, the molds for the hoods, and there would be two parts: the inner frame and outter shell, would be expensive for such a large part.  Both Yamatr3 and I have been working on different ideas during its progression.  But because of weak sales of current parts offered, we felt that this project needs to be put on the back burner til the economy starts on the upswing.  When things look better, financially, we'll bring this back to development along with other pending projects on the menu. 

There has been talk about possibly designing the exit vents separately and to be dropped and blended into a hood as another alternative to the entire hood.  An idea that I think would be worth prototyping in the near future.  The intake, as a separate piece, would be another project in itself.

rudy

that is unacceptable! i want it NOW!!! :(

on a more serious note though, my wife liked that hood mostly for those side vents.  something that's cheaper with that look is always better!  i was more for the hood scoop.  i definitely don't like the RK with the dual openings, it just does not look right in my eyes.  the side vents are still an option if i can convince her.  i've been slowly converting her to mod more.  i DID get her to agree to get my tint guy to do her taillights though :D  i'll be checking your site for updates for sure

Offline patrick.schmidt

• Tech
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 12:37:32 AM »
Peanut...just saw your interest in the hood...yes it is functional and it is a one off..you either love it or hate it...had comments on both sides...modeled it off of the Pitbull concept hood...I call it the Bulldog hood after my local beloved Gonzaga Bulldogs...had a local old hotrodder build it for me...was a long project...costly also...will help my new Stage 3 S/C I just ordered from DDM upgrading from the current Stage 2 I have...Patrick
2007 Aggressive NA Auto
NORMS Fenders, Rear Fascia, Side Skirts & F430 Bumper
SOLO Mach Dual Exhaust
Lil Chromies
Kenwood DDX-8019 Head Unit
Beltronics Vector 995 Radar detector
Carolina Armrests
Stubby Antenna
CompuSTAR Alarm/Paging System
DRONE remote start with Iphone starting
Custom Windrestrictor
DDMWORKS Stage 3 Supercharger,hiflo CAT,Tune,ECM, 4-in-1 Headers,ProBeam,Coilcover,Shock Tower Brace, Race BackBone, center fuel rail
Eibach Sway Bar kit
Red Painted Brake Calipers
Custom LightWerkz HID lights with angel eyes
Windrestrictor Custom Door Sills

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 09:08:49 AM »
Which one
(Image removed from quote.)
or this

The first one looks fitting for the turbo or supercharged four banger and the second one looks like it should have a V-8 stuffed under it.
Like them both.

lil goat

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 12:53:34 PM »
The Mallet Pit Bull, never was made.

By the way Dave of DDM fame, scrap those silly fenders you are making and make these!

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 01:27:44 PM »
Are the fenders wider? The car seems wider for some reason, or is that the effect of the wheels in the wheel wells?

Looks good.
2008 Mean Yellow GXP, RDC Exhaust, Westers Race Tune, BC Racing coil overs, ZOK Rear Sway bar and poly bushings front and rear.

Offline amo

• Master Tech
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 05:30:48 PM »
Which one
or this

Norm I am split between those two hoods, I actually like both.  I think the dual looks better with the OEM bumpers and the single scoop will look amazing with your 430 front end.  I know it would cost a lot to have both come out, but I would like to see it happen.  As I might change my mind on the single scoop with seeing it at different angles, as to how it flows with the OEM bumper.

lil goat

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 10:18:09 AM »
Are the fenders wider? The car seems wider for some reason, or is that the effect of the wheels in the wheel wells?

Looks good.

The only thing they didn't change was the doors, everything else was replaced.

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 01:47:36 PM »
Very nice. I like the look.
2008 Mean Yellow GXP, RDC Exhaust, Westers Race Tune, BC Racing coil overs, ZOK Rear Sway bar and poly bushings front and rear.

Offline deepwater805

• Master Tech
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2010, 04:36:41 AM »
I uploaded a couple photos that I found a while back of a red custom Solstice with a single intake hood scoop to the Gallery section, because it's difficult for me to post photos anywhere but there. I forget where I found these photos, and are not of my car. I have a grey one (Sly) with the twin scoop RK Sports hood, and Norm's everything else. Please, I hope that I didn't offend anyone by posting photos of this car, and if asked I will take them off right away. Anyway, it's a great looking Sol, but more importantly, it's got a single scoop hood, but if memory serves me correctly, I believe it was a one off custom job.

Offline Kagem

• Master Tech
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 11:16:10 AM »
Very impressive sol's! The stock long hood gives the opportunity to many choices....

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 12:47:08 PM »
I uploaded a couple photos that I found a while back of a red custom Solstice with a single intake hood scoop to the Gallery section, because it's difficult for me to post photos anywhere but there. I forget where I found these photos, and are not of my car. I have a grey one (Sly) with the twin scoop RK Sports hood, and Norm's everything else. Please, I hope that I didn't offend anyone by posting photos of this car, and if asked I will take them off right away. Anyway, it's a great looking Sol, but more importantly, it's got a single scoop hood, but if memory serves me correctly, I believe it was a one off custom job.

That's patrick's. Same one as is on page 1 of this thread. He had the hood custom made and modeled after the Pitbull hood.
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun

Offline patrick.schmidt

• Tech
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2010, 12:39:14 AM »

deepwater805....that's my baby...no worries...not offended about people using my pics...I didn't pay to get all of that work done not to show her off a little...I had an old hot-rodder who does custom work do the hood for me...Little Buddah's Body and Paint here in Spokane, WA...functional scoop...just ordered the Stage 3 upgrading from the Stage 2...Patrick

2007 Aggressive NA Auto
NORMS Fenders, Rear Fascia, Side Skirts & F430 Bumper
SOLO Mach Dual Exhaust
Lil Chromies
Kenwood DDX-8019 Head Unit
Beltronics Vector 995 Radar detector
Carolina Armrests
Stubby Antenna
CompuSTAR Alarm/Paging System
DRONE remote start with Iphone starting
Custom Windrestrictor
DDMWORKS Stage 3 Supercharger,hiflo CAT,Tune,ECM, 4-in-1 Headers,ProBeam,Coilcover,Shock Tower Brace, Race BackBone, center fuel rail
Eibach Sway Bar kit
Red Painted Brake Calipers
Custom LightWerkz HID lights with angel eyes
Windrestrictor Custom Door Sills

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2010, 02:03:06 AM »
more pics!  more pics!  more pics!

GJ
Make the right choices now