Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Pontiac Solstice Coupe  (Read 2626 times)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Pontiac Solstice Coupe
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Pontiac Solstice Coupe
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 07:33:45 PM »
No reply,  :idk: O.K. when they said they was going to build it. :woohoo: It looks great, I was hoping for more standard HP & ftq. Didn't get it, Love the removable center roof  :woohoo: until you had to leave it at home & spend another $1100 for clappable center roof. Just in case you run into bad weather  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: If you can't take it with you, like Firebird T-tops. They should of made it a hard top. I might of bought it. GM is coming up with great ideas, but seems not to follow though. I been driving sense 1985. I only own 2 non-GM cars. A 1989 Dodge Lancer (what I could afford at the time) & my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. GM don't build a car that can do everything, the GT can. Over the yrs. I own 13 GM vehicles :thumbs:
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 07:51:33 PM »
Anybody know what it weighs?
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 08:35:32 PM »
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline deepwater805

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 02:30:20 AM »
I recently read an article in cardomain.com about a comparison between the new GXP Coupe, and the 09 Nissan 370z. For the first time in years the Z car was faster then the GXP. Seems as though Nissan decided to beef up it's Z car this year. I wonder if it has to do with the 350z getting beat by the 07 GXP during Motor Trends comparison tests. The fact that the Nissan has got 50% more pistons, and about the same percentage of more displacement means that our little 2.0 lt Ecotec can still give the big boyz fits, and cause whole car companies to rethink and retool.  :brnout:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 06:10:59 PM »
:agree: