Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Heated seat kit - group buy  (Read 113256 times)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Heated seat kit - group buy
« on: January 04, 2010, 08:36:27 PM »
I installed a set in a sky this past weekend and I'm planning on buying sets for Dee and my car. 

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/pecafidutewa.html

$55 each, Enter code at checkout -> kappaperformance to receive the discount.

Instructions http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/sports-imports/peaksh09.pdf

I have contacted Adam at Sports Imports LLC and they are the original designer/importers of the heated seat kit.  He will sell them to us at $55 per set (1 set kit)

Make sure you purchase the 20 amp fuse pigtail.  This will allow you to hook it into the accessories circuit (#18) in the passenger footwell.

He is located in Rockville MD.  all orders placed will be shipped from there except California residents, those are shipped from CA and are required to pay CA sales tax.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 03:04:56 PM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Heated seats
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:19:13 PM »
Put me down for a set.
Drivers and Passenger.

Offline sunnygator

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 09:20:46 PM »
Put me down for 2,  that is one for the driver and one for the passenger.......

sunnygator
Cool Solstice with GMPP Kit, Heated Seats, Painted Calipers, K&N Filter, T-bolts & new Throttle Body Pipe

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 09:37:18 PM »
I'd love a set, depending on when the order is placed. Put me down for two.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 09:43:50 PM by Uranium-238 »
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline spartan

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 09:46:31 PM »
Yeah.  I'll go in with you if we can get 10.  Count me in for 2.

Offline GaryDN

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 10:03:48 PM »
I'm interested, couple of questions
when will you be ordering
where is a good place for the switches in a solstice

2009 GXP Wicked - all the toys I could find
2007 NA Deep - Traded in 5/13/09

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 10:15:52 PM »
Count me in for a pair, Joe.  That puts us at 18 so far...  Too bad there isn't a rate for 20, 50, or 100 :)  

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 10:16:28 PM »
Joe,

I'm in.  I will need a pair.  

GJ
Make the right choices now

Offline reedred

• Turgid
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 10:52:30 PM »
Joe, I'm in for a pair if I can convince someone to help me install them at SMMM7.

And by help I mean do it for me while I take pics and try not to break anything. :D

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 11:18:05 PM »
Just to confirm, there's no problem installing this on teh passenger side? Doesn't interfere with the airbag sensor at all?
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 11:37:34 PM »
Matt click on the link then click on Installation instructions it shows you how to cut out for sensor
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline DCLocal

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 11:42:12 PM »
Thank you for posting this; I'm in for a pair!
Topless in the District

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 12:15:43 AM »
Joe  I'm in for driver and passenger set.when and how do I Pay and who
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 12:51:00 AM »
Matt click on the link then click on Installation instructions it shows you how to cut out for sensor

If that's the case, then I'm in for a pair. Just wanted to hear from Joe who's already done it... ;)
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 01:05:31 AM »
I put a pair of Heitzgarat Setzt, H3 seat heaters into my car this last September.  I've been spoiled by seat heaters in my previous cars and family's cars that I tried to get them on the Sky, but obviously that isn't possible.  Went one winter without heated seats, and wouldn't let it happen again.  When it's -20*C . . . my RL makes that horrible RL/GXP high pressure fuel pump priming noise that goes ERRGHHHHHN when it gets to -10*C and lower . . . and my breath is condensing on the plastic interior panels . . . the seat heaters are wonderous!!!
Best of all, they extend the top down season by atleast 5*C for me from about 15* to 10*.

Almost bought the Rostra W.E.T.S., but didn't want to deal with shipping from the US to Canada.  Found that Heitzgarat Setzt had an office/distributor within Canada, and found an ancient group buy on IH8MUD.com (a Toyota truck based SUV forum) for the H3's . . . a pair for $120, when they normally go for about $100-140 EACH!!!  I had a hard time actually getting a hold of someone in person on the phone with them, but once I did, they honoured the price, shipped them out quickly.

Having a Sky, my interior is obviously different, but I put my 2 swithces in the console like the picture below.  The only difference is this must have been an old non-turbo Sky, as it does not have ESC, and I do.  So on my car, that button is way off to the right, and my 2 seat heater switches are a closer together.  But you get the idea.

Installing the heating pads is the easy part.  Getting the seats out of the car takes just a couple minutes and basic hand tools . . . except for the large Torx bit that you will need to remove the seat belt bolt.  However, running all the wiring took me quite some time.  I left some notes at the following link to help with the install.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2/power-seat-heaters-through-add-circuit-32724/index2.html

If anyone has issues during install, feel free to msg.  I'll help with what I can.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:32:42 AM by DeepBlueGXP, Reason: added img codes »

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 05:12:53 AM »
Count me in for a pair!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 09:14:46 AM »
I installed the switches like the photo above but a little more to the left since the sky had traction control.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 09:27:25 AM »
You can cut any center portion out and it will still heat.  The web site I posted is the same ones that Carbon Sky bought.

lil goat

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 09:36:20 AM »
I didn't get them there but I have the same one, with the large order you guys can get an even better price going direct. This is from
http://www.heatedseatkits.com/faq.html Check question 10 in the FAQ.

I found a website that sells the same product for less, can you match it?

Yes. Because we at HeatedSeatKits.com are the national distributors for seat heaters, if you find a price lower than ours for the same product, we will gladly match that price and discount the item to 15% off the competitors price.

That would knock it down to $51 each and they do free shipping. Might do even better if someone calls them. I only need one.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:50:04 AM by The Comedian »

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 11:05:23 AM »
TomatoSoup installed them here for the solstice.
(Attachment Link)
Transfering my post from the ModMeet thread (and adding a bit more)...

I got the exact same Peak Universal 9" x 18" kits as Joe is posting about.

I did both seats and used both heater pads on each - even over the Airbag sensor on the passenger seat base. Covering this sensor is apparently not recommended by GM but I've had no problems with the sensors working with various people in the car (so far) - having said that I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY for anyone else's installation!  Note: you actually must use both pads/seat if you want the dual temperature operation.  The way they work is that the kits have relays that switch the 2 heating elements per side (seat bottom + back) either in parallel for high heat, or series for low heat. If you use only one pad, you'll only be able use the high heat position.

The kit comes with pretty much everything... only issue was the wiring loom wasn't long enough the way I installed them, so I had to splice some wire extensions in.  I had mounted my relays alongside the Onstar box under the waterfall and had to use a couple of feet extension of three wires each side (from the relays to the seats pads) and a couple more feet of 4 wires (each) to the switches mounted above the radio.  There's probably a better place to mount the relays though (inside the seats maybe?) that will remove or reduce the need for extensions. Bring wire just in case?

Another point is that we/someone should get a supply of those "christmas tree" retaining clip/plugs for the seat coverings - you WILL destroy some of them when you remove the seat covers!

EDIT: For those of you who propose to do this, you should brush-up on the seat and cover removal tips in JPM's post: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/fix-saggy-seat-some-diy-jpm-46877/  This skips the final step of removing the back cover, but that's just an extra step that involves prying off the backrest tilt lever button.  Plus, you may not need to fully remove the back cover anyway but just slide it up enough for access (I'm not sure 'cos I DID remove it fully when I did mine).  Also there was a link on JPM's site somewhere that documents how to replace the seat covers.  That has all the steps to fully remove back and bottom.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:40:16 PM by TomatoSoup »
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 01:30:13 PM »
When I did the sky this weekend, I didn't fully remove the covers.  I didn't break any clips, not sure what they are but the next set I do I'll document.  I did pull the seat.

I spoke with the vendor and we have a coupon code to enter in the checkout.  kappaperformance  

That code will reduce the cost to $55.    Anyone can place their orders now.  

I plan on picking mine up locally.  Rockville MD.   Perhaps we can sweet talk 2KWK4U to get them on the way home from work one day?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 04:39:18 PM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: Heated seat kit - group buy
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »
Is a set 1 seat or 2 seats?  I'm guessing one seat, will have to check with the boss and see if she wants a set as well.

so make that 1 - 4 depending on the answer.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

lil goat

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 01:54:27 PM »
A set is two pads and one controller, for 1 seat.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 02:14:52 PM »
When I did the sky this weekend, I didn't fully remove the covers.  I didn't break any clips, not sure what they are but the next set I do I'll document.  I did pull the seat.
Yes, you have to pull the seats to get the bottom covers off.  Good to know you don't have to take the back covers off though - that saves a step or two.  The clips I was talking about are only on the passenger side IIRC.  This is a screenshot of JPM's cover-replacement doc showing what I'm talking about.  The clips are on the sides of the bottom cushion cover...

In his "saggy seat" post he goes further and says you WILL break some of the clips.  I think I broke two of them myself.

Joe, where did you mount the relays?
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 05:07:39 PM »
So we can place our orders individually correct?
Thanks