Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Heated seat kit - group buy  (Read 113258 times)

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
Re: Heated seat kit - group buy
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 07:07:30 PM »
When I did the sky this weekend, I didn't fully remove the covers.  I didn't break any clips, not sure what they are but the next set I do I'll document.  I did pull the seat.

I spoke with the vendor and we have a coupon code to enter in the checkout.  kappaperformance  

That code will reduce the cost to $55.    Anyone can place their orders now. 

I plan on picking mine up locally.  Rockville MD.   Perhaps we can sweet talk 2KWK4U to get them on the way home from work one day?

I'm game.  ...as long as I'm not BUYING everyone's for them  :D
Rockville isn't exactly on my way home, but I'm closer than you are, Joe.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 08:55:02 PM »
It's actually only about 8-10 miles from me... but I didn't see that they had a B&M store - just an online operation.

Do you know for sure that they do?
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 09:15:01 PM »
If I drove my car in the winter, I would be ALL over this! I have heated seats in my 2009 Malibu and although I didn't ever think that I would want heated seats in a car, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread!

On a cold day there is nothing better and nothing that warms you up faster than a warm seat. Those that are ordering these for their cars are in for a treat.

And for $55 a set, what's not to love.  :thumbs:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline GaryDN

• Master Tech
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 09:36:06 PM »
ordered mine

thanks Joe and everyone for all the info!!

2009 GXP Wicked - all the toys I could find
2007 NA Deep - Traded in 5/13/09

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 12:33:04 AM »
Perhaps you can do a drive by.
Oh, from your map I see it's further south than I thought - so about 15-18 miles from me (depending on route).  Still I can pick peoples orders up for the Mod Meet, if it can be arranged & if you want me to.  But I'd definitely leave it 'til nearer the time of course.

Only downside would be he'd have to charge MD tax if we do it that way, even for out-of-state buyers.

Just noticed, they also sell this: http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/202122paseho.html  Someone (or two) should buy one for drilling holes for the switches! I modified a faustner bit, but it wasn't quite wide enough and I had to file the hole a bit to fit.  This would make it much easier.

Also, they sell these: http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/20amppimiatc.html  Makes it a one-stop-shop!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:46:43 AM by TomatoSoup »
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 01:22:03 AM »
I ordered mint tonite and shipping to my house w/fuse 20amp pigtails didn't find code area so left a note in box w/ kappa performance in it. does anyone have their ph/#. send it to E-Mail allpontiac@aol.com I read my mail first thanks Bobby

The kit comes with pretty much everything... only issue was the wiring loom wasn't long enough the way I installed them, so I had to splice some wire extensions in.  I had mounted my relays alongside the Onstar box under the waterfall and had to use a couple of feet extension of three wires each side (from the relays to the seats pads) and a couple more feet of 4 wires (each) to the switches mounted above the radio.  There's probably a better place to mount the relays though (inside the seats maybe?) that will remove or reduce the need for extensions. Bring wire just in case?

TomatoSoup   How much wire and what gauge is needed ,what about heat shrink tube and soldergun and rosin core solder?
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 01:29:13 AM »
I ordered mint tonite and shipping to my house w/fuse 20amp pigtails didn't find code area so left a note in box w/ kappa performance in it. does anyone have their ph/#. send it to E-Mail allpontiac@aol.com I read my mail first thanks Bobby

1 LIL NDN,

You been drinking?  Your ordered Mint, 20 Amp energy drinks and pigtails?  You havin some kinda weird party this weekend?   :poke: :rofl:

GJ
Make the right choices now

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 05:59:05 AM »
If Tomato is closer, and up for it, I'm game for letting him pick them up as well :)

I'd rather get mine and install them THIS WEEK than wait for the mod meet when it's already (hopefully) warming back up.  If I'm off the hook, I'll just order mine and have them mailed to me.  Unless I see otherwise, I'll order mine this afternoon for delivery. 

If anyone else local wants theirs installed sooner, I can do theirs as well (unless Joe just *wants* to do them prior to, or at the meet...)

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 06:42:53 AM »
Tomato, 

It's a pretty long drive for me, would you mind picking mine up as well?  Just drop them off a Joe's the next time you go down there.  I think he keeps a large vacant area for my stuff when I leave the country! :lol:

Ben L

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 07:09:31 AM »
1 LIL NDN,

You been drinking?  Your ordered Mint, 20 Amp energy drinks and pigtails?  You havin some kinda weird party this weekend?   :poke: :rofl:

GJ

GJ  -- You'll get used to Lil Indn's dialect after a while.  I can actually translate most of his posts now.

Offline GaryDN

• Master Tech
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 08:48:29 AM »
I converted Joes saggy seat post to pdf

it is attached in case anyone is interested

http://dinofrios.com/Fix_the_saggy_seat.pdf

2009 GXP Wicked - all the toys I could find
2007 NA Deep - Traded in 5/13/09

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »
Hey Scott, Want to do mine as well? and how are you on cloth Honda seats? ?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 10:15:52 AM »
My google link has a phone number to their business.

I'll measure my hole saws at home to see if I have the correct size. 

I'm off Friday so I may make a trip to get some kits.  I'll have to call first to verify it is a store front.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 10:21:28 AM »
Hey Scott, Want to do mine as well? and how are you on cloth Honda seats? ?
Honda seats (esp. cloth) are far more difficult.  I did the family 2002 Odyssey a few years ago.  Seat covers are old-school, held on by (it seemed) hundreds of hog rings all over - each of which had to be pried apart, removed, and then reused or replaced.  Ugh.  :banghead:

But, that may've changed with more recent models.  Have you checked your model's forums to see if there's any DIYs?

The Kappas on the other hand are easy, 'cos the covers are held down by rows of velcro.  :thumbs:

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2010, 10:32:23 AM »
TomatoSoup   How much wire and what gauge is needed ,what about heat shrink tube and soldergun and rosin core solder?
Like I said, where I mounted my relays (under the waterfall) I needed a couple of feet extension of three wires each side (from the relays to the seats pads) and a couple more feet of 4 wires (each) to the switches mounted above the radio.  I used lengths of wire cut from a trailer wiring kit I bought from Harbor Freight (on sale for $5) which had way more than enough wire, and the right colors too!

Again though, there's probably a more efficient place to mount the relays than where I did (with 20-20 hindsight).  I'd be interested in what DBG did - how and where he mounted them and the switches, and if he needed extensions. Joe??

If you DON'T need any wiring fixes, then the only thing you'd need a soldering iron (etc) for would depend on how you source the power/ground (and you can uses crimp-ons for those).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:39:51 AM by TomatoSoup »

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »
I didn't need extensions and there wasn't any relays.  Since it was a sky, the switches were mounted beneath the radio and and the wiring was routed around the stick and under the center console to the back of the seats.  I routed the power while I had the glove box out and used a 20 amp fuse tap in #18 on the passenger footwell.  I used crimps to connect the power to the fuse tap.  I left both seat fuses in plane view by the fuse panel.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2010, 11:33:14 AM »
I didn't need extensions and there wasn't any relays. 
Ahh, so yours was a different kit than the one I have then.  The one from Sports Imports definately has a (separate) relay.  (See page 9 of the install. manual: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/sports-imports/peaksh09.pdf)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2010, 11:56:29 AM »
but the kit I installed looked exactly like the photo on their site

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2010, 12:02:22 PM »
Wow.  Maybe there is an updated version now then. 

I notice in your photo that there's an in-line box in the middle of that bundle of cables.  Maybe that's the relay -- now plumbed-in instead of separate. ??

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »
I just fuse tapped the power and hooked the ground to the stud under the center console and they worked.  Simple

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2010, 12:55:53 PM »
I converted Joes saggy seat post to pdf

it is attached in case anyone is interested

http://dinofrios.com/Fix_the_saggy_seat.pdf

A note on the saggy seat issue. Don't bother on a 2009 or possibly a 2008. They fixed the foam. This hadn't been noted in the original thread and I went and bought all the supplies and ripped my seat apart... Ya, it was already flat... :(
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2010, 01:52:52 PM »
After looking at the instruction manual I'm 99% sure these Peak seat heaters are not the same as my Heitzgarat Seztz H3s.  They could be the same manufacturer, but definitely not the same kit.

My elements look just like DeepBlue's however.  And my kits came in a box branded "Innovative Heat".

I do not have automotive style relays in my kit as shown in the PDF file provided by TomatoSoup.  My kit uses a small plastic box (as can be seen in DeepBlue's picture) with a chip board in it for temperature regulation and no automotive style relay.

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
Honda seats (esp. cloth) are far more difficult.  I did the family 2002 Odyssey a few years ago.  Seat covers are old-school, held on by (it seemed) hundreds of hog rings all over - each of which had to be pried apart, removed, and then reused or replaced.  Ugh.  :banghead:

But, that may've changed with more recent models.  Have you checked your model's forums to see if there's any DIYs?

The Kappas on the other hand are easy, 'cos the covers are held down by rows of velcro.  :thumbs:

If I had a pair of hog ring pliers, I'd be happy to help out with the honda too, Critter.  Likewise if you find out it's not a hogring nightmare under there like Tomato describes.  Best thing, though, is to find out if there's a DIY on a honda forum already.  That way we don't run into any unexpected pitfalls -- like the seat covers being GLUED to the seat foam, for example.

Offline sunnygator

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2010, 05:56:27 PM »
Ordered mine, thanks Joe for setting this up!

sunnygator
Cool Solstice with GMPP Kit, Heated Seats, Painted Calipers, K&N Filter, T-bolts & new Throttle Body Pipe