Forum > Joe's Garage

How to: Convert your side marker into a turn signal

(1/9) > >>

DeepBlueGXP:
This works on all KAPPAs.  FREEEEEEEEE

Cut back insulation going to the side marker to expost the two wires, pull out the black wire and clip it as far away from the side marker as possible. This will give you room for the wire to reach the other harness.

Cut off/remove all the electrical tape going to the plug to expose the 4 wires.  I used a wire stripper on the blue wire to slide the insulation back a tiny bit and stripped the end of the black wire.  I then wrapped the black wire exposed end around the stripped section of the blue wire.  Soldered the joint and tapped everything back up.  It looks factory but has a much better safety feature.

See the difference
http://www.youtube.com/v/n2sqdzgdl1A

Fred:
As usual...you da' man.  :thumbs:

snaponbob:

--- Quote from: DeepBlueGXP on December 29, 2008, 11:03:08 AM ---Youtube is blocked at work, does it work now?

--- End quote ---

I just tried it. THAT is a neat mod. After I sort out the home brewed CAI I will do that quick mod. Thanks.

Gunnys GXP:
Shoot, that simple too.  I went through the trouble of drilling three holes into the back of each reflector above the bulb housing and wiring in single LED's to the directionals.  This would have been so much easier.  :gaah:

smartin:
DBG went around and did about 20 at his Mod Meet.  :thumbs:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version