Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Recalibrating Kappa HVAC Controls  (Read 5660 times)

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
Recalibrating Kappa HVAC Controls
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »
Hopefully, this is not a repeat. Found this on the Sky forum -------------

I have driven a lot of cars in my day but my gorgeous, sexy, sleek, magnificent Redline does something I've never seen before. When I turn on the heat the engine coolant temp rises. In everything else that causes a drop in temp. Just kinda strange!

It usually runs in the 194-199* range even on the hottest Texas days. When I turn on the heat it jumps to 204-209*. The heat also goes from ice cold on "O" setting to scalding hot on "1" setting or above. It's great on a cold day with the top down though.

Dark Sky

The best response ----

I hesitate to post this as I can not find the source, but I had the same problem with the heat control. I found a post that talked about resetting the controls and followed the instructions. It fixed my problem. I will try to find it or maybe someone will post it.

Found it on the Solstice Forum:

Actuator Recalibration
When replacing an air temperature, mode, recirculation actuator or the HVAC control assembly, the following calibration process needs to be performed:

Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control assembly during self-calibration. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

1) Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.

2) Turn the Temperature dial all the way to the right.

3) Turn the blower control dial all the way to the right.

4) Turn the mode position dial all the way to the left.

5) Simultaneously press and hold the A/C and Defrost buttons until the LED's start to flash.

6) Once the LED's stop flashing, calibration is complete.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:59:57 PM by DeepBlueGXP »
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Controlling cabin temps in winter
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 01:05:35 PM »
I seem to remember posting that a few months ago. I'll see if I can find the link.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Re: Controlling cabin temps in winter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:03:37 PM »
yup, that is the process.  I had posted a question about the sol being burning hot (and having squeaky tires)  it is here:

http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=3088.msg37510#msg37510

GordoSH-3 answered the question, same instructions as above I believe.  I did reset my HVAC recently, but have not tested it yet.

GJ
Make the right choices now