Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: LNF Fuel Filter kit available  (Read 12834 times)

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
LNF Fuel Filter kit available
« on: January 18, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
We came up with a little kit for the LNF cars (2.0L Turbo) that installs an actual fuel filter into the car. Copy of text from website:

Many people do not know that all that is protecting yours cars engine from fuel contaminents in the Solstice, Sky and Opel GT's is nothing more than a course plastic filter located in the fuel tank. What we have done is put together a professional quality fuel filter kit that installs in the engine bay easily and quickly which filters the fuel to and amazing 40 microns (µm), which is less than half the width of a human hair! This makes sure that the delicate and precise parts of the fuel system are completely protected from damaging particles.

Another DDMWorks exclusive is this complete, easily installed fuel filter kit for the 2.0L LNF engine. The kit is designed to provide an extra layer of protection for the fuel being fed to your engine. The primary part of the kit is the fuel filter itself, which filters particles out of the fuel down to a size of 40µm, or less than half the width of a human hair. On the newer direct injection motors the injector nozzles are very small ranging in size from 100-150µm, and this filter easily removes the particles that could damage the injectors. The filter in our kit is also serviceable and can be cleaned and a new filter can be installed into it.

The kit comes in all black for a stock appearance or can also be ordered with blue and red fittings and stainless fuel line for a little more performance look.

A GM fuel line disconnect tool is required for installation and can be obtained easily from most parts stores (Advance Auto parts, NAPA, AutoZone, etc.)

If you have any other questions or comments please email us at sales@ddmworks.com.

As always, if you have any questions, just let us know! We hope this gives a little more piece of mind for people that the fuel going into the engine is nice and filtered.

The kit is $135 and you can order by picking up the phone an giving us a call at 864-907-6004 or ordering on the website here: http://www.ddmworks.com/solstice/engine/lnf_fuel_filter.htm

Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 303whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: LNF Fuel Filter kit available
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »
Will you have an option to order filters from your site?

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 08:21:40 PM »
Joe,

Good question! Yes, Ivy is going to be putting them up on the site also, the filters I believe are $7.00 for a replacement.
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »
But WAIT there's MORE .------ If you order in the next 20 minutes ('cause you KNOW we can't do this ALL day) we'll send you a SECOND filter element for FREE (just pay [separate] S&H of $25).

My question is will those fuel mileage increasing magnets work?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously ------- Meesa gettin' one.
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 09:16:25 PM »
(just pay [separate] S&H of $25).

very good SOB!  had to copy and paste, and I have really good eyes.

GJ
Make the right choices now

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 10:18:50 PM »
Hopefully everybody understands that I was spoofing ol' Vince with the Slap Chop stuff. Dave, on the other hand, has come up with a fine solution to a real shortcoming of this car.Way to go, DDM.
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 05:32:48 AM »
I noticed from the picture that the colored fittings are both blue and red. Can you order either all blue or all red fittings?

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »
Interesting, Dave.  I'd never looked at the fuel system and wasn't aware that they hadn't incorporated a filter other than the tank filter.  Any idea of the pass-through size for the tank filter compared to yours?

My only concern would be whether or not pulling in to a dealer with a blown engine with one of these filters on might give them the wiggle room to deny warranty coverage.  Have you checked with GM?

I don't like their chosen coolant much personally, but I won't be changing mine until the day AFTER my driveline warranty coverage expires! 
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
1958 MGA Twincam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Bill in BC

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 10:17:54 AM »
I noticed from the picture that the colored fittings are both blue and red. Can you order either all blue or all red fittings?

The fittings available to us come blue with the red on the ends, I will look again for all blue or all red.
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 10:25:41 AM »
Interesting, Dave.  I'd never looked at the fuel system and wasn't aware that they hadn't incorporated a filter other than the tank filter.  Any idea of the pass-through size for the tank filter compared to yours?

My only concern would be whether or not pulling in to a dealer with a blown engine with one of these filters on might give them the wiggle room to deny warranty coverage.  Have you checked with GM?

I don't like their chosen coolant much personally, but I won't be changing mine until the day AFTER my driveline warranty coverage expires!  

We have been trying to find out the exact spec on the stock filter, although it is amazingly course, I will get some pictures of the stock filter up. As for warranty coverage, as with all aftermarket parts including this filter, it is very dependent on the dealer you are working with. However, I think that a dealer would have a very hard time denying warranty on an engine part because you put a fuel filter on the car to help make sure the fuel supply to the engine was clean, but I am sure stranger things have happen. We like to tell people that have concerns about warranty to contact the GM dealer that they work with before making any modifications to the car and see how they would handle the situation first before making the mods. That way you know up front what they will do, instead of finding out after.

Hope that helps,
Dave
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

lil goat

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »
Dave you knew this was coming can I get a pink one to match my backbone? What a great idea! I know what those AN fittings cost and that is a very good price for a bolt on kit.

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 12:30:25 PM »
Hi Dave,
I like this very much and the price is a good deal considering what you get. As soon as you find out about the colors... I'd like all red. I'll order one myself.

Thanks.
2008 Mean Yellow GXP, RDC Exhaust, Westers Race Tune, BC Racing coil overs, ZOK Rear Sway bar and poly bushings front and rear.

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 12:45:09 PM »
I use lots of this stuff on my race cars.  As I recall, all of the fittings use blue for everything except the compression nuts, which are red.

You might be able to find some brand that does it differently, or just resign yourself to the look of the two tone (some consider it 'racy') or the black anodized, which is also very nice.

This is a good idea, Dave - you can spend hours finding just the right combination of fittings to do a particular job.  I often pay more than the price of the fittings to avoid having to take the time to figure it out myself.

I will be interested in what turns up on the filter - I find that to be bizarre.  A coarse filter will not do the job, although there is probably another filter inside the tank, no?

I usually run a coarse filter (with a cleanable element) followed by a fuel grade very fine filter of fairly large capacity on my FI projects.

I must remember to mention accessory fuel filtration to my local dealer and see if they'd have a problem with it - makes sense to me, and I don't see any downside as long as the filter flows enough, which I am sure it does.
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
1958 MGA Twincam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Bill in BC

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 12:52:44 PM »
I use lots of this stuff on my race cars.  As I recall, all of the fittings use blue for everything except the compression nuts, which are red.

You might be able to find some brand that does it differently, or just resign yourself to the look of the two tone (some consider it 'racy') or the black anodized, which is also very nice.

This is a good idea, Dave - you can spend hours finding just the right combination of fittings to do a particular job.  I often pay more than the price of the fittings to avoid having to take the time to figure it out myself.

I will be interested in what turns up on the filter - I find that to be bizarre.  A coarse filter will not do the job, although there is probably another filter inside the tank, no?

I usually run a coarse filter (with a cleanable element) followed by a fuel grade very fine filter of fairly large capacity on my FI projects.

I must remember to mention accessory fuel filtration to my local dealer and see if they'd have a problem with it - makes sense to me, and I don't see any downside as long as the filter flows enough, which I am sure it does.

I have checked all of our suppliers on the parts for this and the blue with the red is the only combination out there, no solid blue or solid red available.

You are right about the fittings, we have a fair amount of "extras" here after working through this project and coming up with the right combination that worked the best.

The only filter in the system is the one in the tank, attached to the pump itself, this even surprised us when we first learned it also.

Lots of stuff to take pictures of in the shop today!
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 01:03:20 PM »
Not a problem at all Dave. Just thought I'd check just in case... blue and red if fine. I'll be ordering a kit sometime this week or next.

Can anyone point me an online store where I can order the disconnect tool? I'm not even sure what to look for.

Thanks Dave. Glad that a company has our back, these are great cars and I'd had to run out of "options". Half the fun is the "wrenching".
2008 Mean Yellow GXP, RDC Exhaust, Westers Race Tune, BC Racing coil overs, ZOK Rear Sway bar and poly bushings front and rear.

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 01:13:39 PM »
We have had some questions about the tool for the orders we have received already, and Ivy is going to be putting the tool on the webpage as an option, and it will be shipped with your order, I think they are right around $8-9.
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 01:15:10 PM »
This design seems to have the filter at the output of the high pressure injector pump, rather than at the low pressure input line.  Is that correct?  

If so, and purely as a matter of interest, can you you say why you did it this way, rather than being able to use (presumably) cheaper low-pressure fittings?
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 01:20:29 PM »
This design seems to have the filter at the output of the high pressure injector pump, rather than at the low pressure input line.  Is that correct?  

If so, and purely as a matter of interest, can you you say why you did it this way, rather than being able to use (presumably) cheaper low-pressure fittings?

The filter is on the low pressure side of the system, not the high pressure side, as  we wanted to make sure that the high pressure pump was protected.
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 01:49:22 PM »
We have had some questions about the tool for the orders we have received already, and Ivy is going to be putting the tool on the webpage as an option, and it will be shipped with your order, I think they are right around $8-9.

Thanks Dave, I'll place that order once the tool is also up.

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »
T
Thanks Dave, I'll place that order once the tool is also up.

Just wanted to update, the tool is up on the site. Thanks for the orders!
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 04:42:48 PM »
Typical DDM stuff, always thinking about the LNF guys, never a thought to the LN5 guys, we are just so much lint on your windshield of life.

:)
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 04:52:38 PM »
Typical DDM stuff, always thinking about the LNF guys, never a thought to the LN5 guys, we are just so much lint on your windshield of life.

:)

Actually critter, we can install the fuel filter on the fuel rails for the LE5 also :)
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »
Even on the center rails?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 05:14:02 PM »
Yeap! It is not the same kit as the LNF, but we will be releasing it.
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 07:11:11 PM »
I think I might have you do this at the next mod meet.  How many miles between changes?

Hopefully, someone will have had some miles put on it to see if there are any CELs.

Sounds like another great idea from DDM.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!