Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Dash Board Rattle  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Dash Board Rattle
« on: January 27, 2010, 02:07:50 AM »
Just started a new rattle in the dash / gauge cluster.  It is a really annoying and loud rattle.  I have tried poking around, holding the chrome bezel, tried the plastic clear shield, everything I could poke, prod or hold.  Any ideas?  I have never (yet) taken the dash apart, so I didn't leave anything back there.  It was colder than normal when I drove it last night, but I don't think it is the coldest I have driven it.  I will do some more poking around when I can, but thought I might ask for recomendations or suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

GJ
Make the right choices now

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Re: Dash Board Rattle
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 02:15:49 AM »
Just the latest in a long string of practical jokes that I have played on people GJ.  It took me a long time to figure out how to make that rattle so there is no way I'm going to tell you what it is or how to stop it. :lol:

Maybe its related to your new tune why not send your ECM to one of us and we will test it out and see if the rattle fallows the tune. :poke:
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:12:40 AM »
I had problems with mine, but it was an annoying buzzy rattle. As usual dealer couldn't find or fix it. I ended up pulling the dash myself & it turns out it was the small plastic (sh1t it's all plastic!) center piece surrounding the indicator lights  between the speedo & tach. The philips head screw that holds in place was loose.

Offline markrat

• Tech
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 12:02:12 PM »
GJ,
   I get that rattle sometimes driving down the 15 on a rough patch.  Luckily the chrome bezel seems to be the culprit so far.  As for the weather last night, the rain was a bummer, makes it hard to drive around with the top down. :cool:  Coupled with last week's weather, I've not got to drive too much... :drive:
Mark

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 12:43:41 PM »
GJ     It could be one of them BUGS that GM didn't get out of the 2006's .Jumped in before they got it.
On the bright side I had a rattle in mine sounded like it was in that area But was in the Glove box( wheel lock and husky razor knife is all I could figure .moved them around and stopped . OH and that little Snake I must have picked up in Colorado when I was in the Mountians
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Unclefester

• Founding Member
  • Tech
    • Army together we served
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 10:08:27 PM »
GJ,
   I get that rattle sometimes driving down the 15 on a rough patch.  Luckily the chrome bezel seems to be the culprit so far.  As for the weather last night, the rain was a bummer, makes it hard to drive around with the top down. :cool:  Coupled with last week's weather, I've not got to drive too much... :drive:

I had the same issue with the crome bezel.  I put some padding underneath on each side and the rattle went away.
U.S. Army Retired
Member Disabled American Veterans

‘Veteran‘ — whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve — is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to, and including his life.”

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 10:25:55 PM »
Nice!  I will take a look around in these areas.  Will post updates

GJ

Offline Unclefester

• Founding Member
  • Tech
    • Army together we served
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 03:53:15 PM »
Just go to Wally World and get some of the felt with tape on the back.  Cut it to the size you need and viola!
U.S. Army Retired
Member Disabled American Veterans

‘Veteran‘ — whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve — is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to, and including his life.”

Offline sirwm

• Tech
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 06:15:33 PM »
post pictures of the area in question if you can please.
wr

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 03:04:05 AM »
SOLVED!

On the way to work this morning, I was driving my little misses to the Zoo (it's where she works, but feel free to take liberties with this one  :D )
I was trying to figure out the rattle and poking and proding :banghead: and she said, "No, I think it is coming from up higher, check the visor..."  sure enough, after wiggling the visor a few times, no more rattle.  She is very proud of herself and wanted you all to know that she fixed the car.   :yay:

GJ

Offline DickW

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:46:07 AM »
Home to the Zoo. I don't think she sees much difference.
08 Cool Gxp, XM radio, Monsoon Package, 3M Clear bra. Vertical doors, Solo Mach and  3 inch Cat. GMPP turbo upgrade, DDM Race Backbone and Probeam