Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New Member from Texas  (Read 6370 times)

Offline daddyengineer

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
New Member from Texas
« on: February 06, 2010, 11:05:59 AM »
I am from North Houston.  Just bought a used 2007 Solstice NA Sly with 19,000 miles.  Mostly for my 16 year old daughter, so it is an automatic, and I am not looking to get it real fast.  Joined to learn more about the car and see what I need to look for and do to it.  Great forum.

Scott

Offline DickW

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: New Member from Texas
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 11:41:12 AM »
 Welcome.You will get lots of Knowledge and advice on this great forum. If there is anything you want to know about the car just ask and you will get factual  answers about  it. A lot of the members have took their cars apart and put them back together. They probably know more about them than GM.
08 Cool Gxp, XM radio, Monsoon Package, 3M Clear bra. Vertical doors, Solo Mach and  3 inch Cat. GMPP turbo upgrade, DDM Race Backbone and Probeam

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »
Welcome N Houston...we have relatives in Houston (somewhere...don't have a clue if it's N, S, E, or W) and others near Victoria. The Kappa is a good choice for your daughter. A very safe automobile in case of a fender bender or worse. With only 19K miles you're still in warranty. I'm sure some locals here can point you toward a reliable dealership if you ever need guidance. Otherwise, these are straightfoward, easy to work on, fun cars. Don't be surprised if you find yourself driving it as often as your daughter. 
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline daddyengineer

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 12:10:55 PM »
I am having a hard time prying it out of her sweaty little hands to even try to drive it yet.  Even though she has told me I can drive it any time I want (I bought it??).  She loves it, and it is a sweet little car.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »
 daddyengineer ; Welcome to the Kappa Performance Forum only the Best this side of Anywhere and EverywhereEnjoy your Stay Meet and learn all there to know about Your SKY Solstice and the Kappa . Mods are endless as is the Friendship     :ghug:     to you
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 02:06:35 AM by 1 LIL NDN, Reason: wrong Car »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline KWhale

• Playing with my
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 12:43:35 PM »
Welcome DE...just what we needed, more Texans   :rofl:

By the way "Drive it any time you want Daddy" really means "it needs gas" or "it needs an oil change" or "it's dirty"  :lol:

Enjoy the forum, and don't be too put off if some people who I won't name here (Esay & GJ) hijack your posts/questions...just ignore them, we all do  :D
The most Northern Senior Member on the map!!!
http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?action=googlemap

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 01:11:35 PM »
DE,

Welcome to the most respectful, classy and well informed group of women this side of Charlie's Angles.  Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the men on this forum.

GJ
Make the right choices now

Offline daddyengineer

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 01:15:13 PM »
Well, I am not originally from Texas, so I am not sure I totally count.  I made it to Texas from California, but I am originally from Idaho.  The forum is fun to read and I already have learned quite a bit from it.  I already see a couple of things I think I need to do.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  What a great dad to purchase a Solstice for your daughter.  I recommend the turn signal mod for safety.  You can find the link to it in my modifications.

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 01:31:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum daddyengineer and your daughter.  Congrats on the purchase of the 2007 Sly NA Pontiac Solstice.  As your daughter gets familiar with this sweetheart of a roadster that she now owns, she will grow to admire its many virtues.  Thanks for joining and glad to have another member join from the great state of Texas!
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 06:48:59 PM »
Greetings E D (that just sounds wrong even if Bob Dole were to say it) oh wait its D E sorry about that, I'm selectively dyslexic.  Welcome to the forum most of us don't have a problem with Texans, Canadians on the other hand....

I hope you have a sense of humor and like to laugh at/with the rest of us.

Moby I am not sure what you mean!  Remember we are supposed to be trying to present a positive image for the naive, uh no new members on this section of the forum (or didn't you get that PM).

2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 06:55:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline daddyengineer

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 10:32:21 AM »
Thanks again.  I find that I enjoy the humor here, it seems to be in good fun and although they tend to go off topic a bit, it usually is pretty entertaining.

Scott

Offline BigSal

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »
Daddyengineer,

Welcome to the best Kappa forum on the internet.   :cool:
Performance Mods
Westers Tune v5.2
DDMWorks Extreme BackBone
DDMWorks Charge Tubes
kappaSPRINGS by Eibach
Dejon Cold Air Intake
DeJon BOV Spring
Solo High Flow Cat
Solo Mach Shorty Cat Back

Show Mods
lil' Chromies
Lambo Doors
JPM Leather Center Console
JPM Sown Seatbelt Loops
DeepBlueGXP Front Light mod
Debadged except for
WG Badge Added (Westers Garage)

Offline KWhale

• Playing with my
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 05:20:15 PM »
Does the car need gas yet, er uh, I mean have you had a chance to drive it this week???

:idk: and what is a PM?  Someone sent me an afternoon???   :huh:

Kidding, but no I did not get the message about being nice to the new people, or the one about not hi-jacking the welcome posts    :D

Offline daddyengineer

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 08:25:15 PM »
It needed gas, but she actually got it herself and she washed it already (shocking - she never washed a car before in her life).  So I am not going to get to drive it even that much.  Probably just to change the oil.  May have to get another one.  :)  Now if I can only win the lottery.

Offline KWhale

• Playing with my
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 10:55:25 PM »
LOL - good for her!  Maybe once you see how easy it is to change the oil on these cars, you can teach her to do that too!

Let me know if you figure out the secret to winning that lottery by the way, I could use a few more cars myself!

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 12:29:02 AM »
Thanks again.  I find that I enjoy the humor here, it seems to be in good fun and although they tend to go off topic a bit, it usually is pretty entertaining.

Scott

You see that ?  SOMEBODY here appreciates me...

GJ
Make the right choices now

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 05:16:57 AM »
Welcome and have fun around here.

It needed gas, but she actually got it herself and she washed it already (shocking - she never washed a car before in her life).  So I am not going to get to drive it even that much.  Probably just to change the oil.  May have to get another one.  :)  Now if I can only win the lottery.
Nobody mentioned?!  :ttiwwp:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline tazzman

• Master Tech
  • with new paint
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 12:56:07 PM »
Just hopeing your 16 yr old girl is a safe driver. Have fun with this car.
King Penn, W.R.
ASAP Fuse box cover
ASAP Fog light cover
ASAP BU light cover
Debaged
Shorty antenna
Magnaflow catback 3''
New Paint

Offline daddyengineer

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 09:54:02 PM »
Well, she drives like me, since I taught her to drive (Texas and all - Parent taught driving), although it may not have been the best, just coming off the divorce I had very little tolerance (OK I usually don't have much) for idiots on the road.  But she really turned out to be a good driver.  I am trying to post a picture

but it doesn't seem to work.

Offline daddyengineer

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 10:00:20 PM »
Do the images have to be on the web to post?

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 12:27:45 AM »
Do the images have to be on the web to post?

If you have pics on your computer, you can post them directly to the message. In your reply make sure you click the PREVIEW button. This will bring up all the available stuff and things that can be added to posts. Below and to the left of the message block there is a link that says "Additional Options". Click that. Below you will then see "Attach" with a blank block. The Browse button will let you look in your computer for the picture file. Click on that file and when it appears in the Attach block on the message screen, click on [Insert Attachment 1]. As if by magic, it will be linked to your message. More pics? Do it again and click on the insert again (2, the 3, and so on). Then click POST at the bottom and we will all go OOOOO AAHHHHH.  :yay: ;) :thumbs:
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 12:48:13 AM »
Bob I don't think that he has that option to attach pictures using the additional options.  I think that is one of those perks for supporting members.  I think before I became a LSM I always had to post the pictures on a site that would host them and then I could insert the address of where the pic was on the net in my posts.  Maybe DBG can enlighten us on this one.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline daddyengineer

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 08:41:54 PM »
OK, maybe I solved that, since I have the attachment button now.  Maybe here will be a picture of the new toy in the family (by the way, his name is Brody - I didn't have anything to do with naming him [or deciding he was a he], that was the daughter and her friends.  She says she drives boy cars.). [ Guests cannot view attachments ]