Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: A/C Evap valve  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
A/C Evap valve
« on: April 11, 2010, 02:32:42 AM »
My Solstice is in for new weather stripping for the passenger side.  Had a noticable wind noise that is not there on the drivers side.  Still under warranty, so I brought it in to my Chevy dealer.  The part is back ordered and coming from the east coast.  When I took the service guy out for a quick ride so he could hear the noise (before they took it apart, obviously).  While we were driving, I turned on the A/C and he heard a strange noise from the fan motor or something in the system.  I almost never use the A/C, so I had forgotten about the noise.  He asked if it was ok for his tech to take a look at it while they had the car.   :thumbs:

They have since ordered a bracket and a thermal evap valve?  GM part number 89025005 if anyone has access to the database and can tell me what it is?  I don't think I want to see how much of the car has to be taken apart to get at this part...  yikes.  I hope they are really good at putting things back together!  They say I should have it back Monday.  We shal see!

GJ
fingers crossed

Make the right choices now

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
Re: A/C Evap valve
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 07:32:43 AM »
I started getting the same noise recently and found a few threads here and on the other forum about it.  There's a TSB out about it:  06-01-39-016 (or 1879783, depending on which way it tracks in the system).  It does call for replacing the compressor bracket and thermal expansion valve(s - I think 2, but may be confusing that w/ the coolant system TSB).  It'll take a fair amount of disassembly, to be sure, but better to get it done now than OUT of warranty ;)

At least one post I read said that the TSB didn't fix their problem, and they wound up needing an new A/C compressor.  I'm only guessing, but that could be that they had the problem for quite awhile, and it eventually caused damage to the compressor.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »
It's like a growling noise and I had mine fixed last fall.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 11:33:37 PM »
It's like a growling noise and I had mine fixed last fall.

Thats it.  Hope they get mine fixed up.  Any problems since you had yours done DBG?

GJ
Make the right choices now