Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: How to install boost gauge in LNF  (Read 12987 times)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: How to install boost gauge in LNF
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »
Did you compare the boost from the analog gauge with our car's stock digital gauge? Are they showing the same boost? I hope i didn't miss any post....
I have received this request by someone else too, but is hard, I promise I will do that, a camera will be great to capture both in same time but hard to put in practice.

No changes after I cleaned my MAF, Lyndon quoted the logs looks same before and after MAF cleaning.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2010, 05:54:51 PM »
thx for the great post Kelu!
and above all, thanx and  :thumbs: to yannis-Supra who did the installation of my analog boost gauge with the help of his friend, Manos. Yannis did the mechanical part and manos did the electric part. the result is professional installation!!!!!
it was kind of a mini mod meet (2 GT's  :)) and we spent the whole evening doing the boost gauge and having a great time (of course pizza was included).
it's great to have good friends that help you, for sure i couldn 't have done it myself!

i don't have much to report, since at the third WOT the boost gauge stopped working. checked it when i arrived home and the damn tube from the T connector, in the engine bay popped off. put it in again, but i suppose i must tie it with a wrap or something..
i was seeing 160kpal in the digital display but the analog boost gauge (auto meter from Dejon) showed 26 PSI which is almost 180kpa (1.8 bar) !!!   :woohoo:
can someone else confirm that difference?

once again, thx to Kelu for the post and Yannis for doing my installation!!!!
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2010, 06:08:14 PM »
Arab: I know dash boost gauge is delayed, like almost all electronics
I used zip ties on all the connections of the T connector
What temp was outside that you saw 1.8bars?

I love my gauge having peak button, basically I hit it and shows me the maximum value reached since I started the car. I bought it from a greek local tuner ;)

Yannis is a great guy, I know that too ;)
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2010, 06:23:16 PM »
did you use zip tie on the small tube that goes to the boost gauge instrument? that' s what i'm lacking.
it was around 20-22 degrees of Celcium, and it had just rained, so it was kinda humid. what #s do you see Kelu?

i suppose that if i install the aggressive trifecta tune, i can easily see 31 PSI (2.2 bar)... will check this, since Vince send me a new tune that is the one i use right now (1.55-1.6 bar) but when i press the cruise button it goes to 1.75++++ bar. so, the cruise button works the other way around, like a nitrous-kind button  :D
you bought yours from a loco Greek tuner?  :lol: this doens't soundz good..  :rofl:

Kelu and Spice, Yannis has the Oxigin wheels on his Supra..... :drool:
let's go rip them off!!!!! :devil:  these are way more beautiful than in the pics! these are pieces of art!!
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2010, 07:15:11 PM »
Arab: I put zip ties to all tubes going into the T connector.

On days with 15-20 Celsius I peak 1.7 bar. Now is around 25-30 Celsius, didn't checked lately, I will tomorrow at my drag race and report back.

I didn't get what you said about cruise button.

About going higher than 1.8 bar on boost, I seriously don't recommend if is not gaining something. You should ask Vince if the gains worth going higher than this. Turbo might be out of his efficiency.

Yeah, local greek tuner is a little more than locco, he had a turbo s2000, evo9 and now in Romania has a tuned GTR (not only tune and exhaust, much more), he is partner to a pretty known company from Greece. He is funny too, mixes greek with english and some romanian, I know him.

Stop it, besides being offtopic, I don't want Yannis imagine transformed. Happy for him having those wheels  :mad: Any good deal which he might share for those wheels?

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 07:55:56 PM »
I think he said that the cruise button engages the faster tune.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 01:19:35 AM »

For those like me who will be installing an electronic boost gauge you need to connect it to the power. I gave up on the idea to run the wire from passenger fuse box and decided to power it from the engine fuse box (driver side).
I hooked it to the fuse #33 which looks like to be the "delayed off head lights" because is on when the key is in the ignition and is turning off after some seconds after the key is off the hub.
(Attachment Link)

I ran the wires among the others on top of the engine bay:
(Attachment Link)

Nice job Kelu,

Here's a power tap I used when I installed my power antena,

http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=1251.0

Red wire is hook to the red wire on the acc outlet.

Mike
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 05:43:13 AM »
I think he said that the cruise button engages the faster tune.
correct! seeing the result on the road, i would say that going from the fast tune -1.6bar- to the furious tune-2+bar-  (the lattest engaged with the cruise button) my butt dyno estimates 5-10 hp seeing the result against another car with the fast Trifecta tune.

Kelu, our guide throughout the proccess was your DIY. very usefull stuff in this forum!!!
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 02:22:34 PM »
correct! seeing the result on the road, i would say that going from the fast tune -1.6bar- to the furious tune-2+bar-  (the lattest engaged with the cruise button) my butt dyno estimates 5-10 hp seeing the result against another car with the fast Trifecta tune.
Oh, I forgot about the sneaking Trifecta feature about map change. Thank you Alvaro for helping my old brain.
I have to ask you, 0.4 bar more for 5-10hp, does it worth?

Kelu, our guide throughout the proccess was your DIY. very usefull stuff in this forum!!!
Really? I'm glad that I have the feeling I'm just a sponge of information, I really enjoy to see that I can help others too.  :yay:

I'm back from my drag races, I checked the boost gauge in 2 of my races and I was doing 1.8 bars at 26-29 Celsius. Forgot in the others races to check it  :huh:

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 04:51:38 PM »
it seems that our oem digital  boost gauge "steals" about 0,2 bar when LNF is tuned
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:13:57 PM by Arabas »
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB