Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Lighted Sills  (Read 10869 times)

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Re: Lighted Sills
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »
Well in that case I'll just share what I have learned working with ELs.  The EL itself is like a thin foil with a phosphorus coating, the foil is split into a + and - side.  The wires usually are attached with some sort of pressed/crimped connector that is punched through the foil if the connector isn't making good connection with the foil then things don't work.  If the connectors are not supported properly to begin with then they can work free of the conducting surface of the EL even though they look like they are a solid connection.

This is just one place that sells ELs
http://www.e-lite.com/
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2014, 05:57:31 PM »
Thanks SA. Good info. I appreciate your sharing.
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2014, 11:36:18 AM »
SA= knowitall
Make the right choices now