Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New WRR coupe from New Mexico  (Read 9323 times)

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Re: New WRR coupe from New Mexico
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »
 I'm 6' tall also.  Most people don't discover that for a while. 

I agree, I have known DBG for a few years and only now did I just learn that he was 6' tall.

How was that one GJ?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »
:lol: :rofl:

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 12:28:29 AM »
SA

That was a good one.  I give that an 8.89 out of 10.79 possible points!  Very clever!

GJ

PS- I met DBG once or twice, I think he's fibbing.  He looks more like 5'12" to me.

GJ
Make the right choices now

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010, 09:00:37 AM »
Psst.  He is really 71.99".  he is shrinking as he gets older.  Look at poor Chuck he used to be 6' 3" but age has been wicked to him.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline cruiservic

• Upgraded Member
  • Tech
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 11:32:06 PM »
Another question. Should I definitely get the tune after I put the exhaust system on or should I get the tune first and then put the system on? I want to do this right the first time.  I have always hated to have to do a something a second time. I have to buy my mods each month after pay, so it will be a little slow in getting the mods purchased so I have plenty of time. Also, I have read about improving the brakes with the tune. What are your suggestions on that? I really appreciate your time and effort with a newbee and assisting me with all of my questions.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2010, 02:28:53 AM »
Another question. Should I definitely get the tune after I put the exhaust system on or should I get the tune first and then put the system on? I want to do this right the first time.  I have always hated to have to do a something a second time. I have to buy my mods each month after pay, so it will be a little slow in getting the mods purchased so I have plenty of time. Also, I have read about improving the brakes with the tune. What are your suggestions on that? I really appreciate your time and effort with a newbee and assisting me with all of my questions.

The question of tune first or exhaust first depends on the tune and your equipment.  If you get a trifecta tune, I believe they send you the softwar and cable, but charge for changes.  If you go just about any other tune, you would have to send out your ecm or have a system like HP tuners.  If you know you are going to do both and you are going to do them soon, go ahead with the exhaust and any other physical changes then tell the tuners everything you did.

Thats my 2 cents.

GJ

Offline cruiservic

• Upgraded Member
  • Tech
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 06:20:23 AM »
Thanks a lot! That helps. I was not sure. I was planning to have the gmpp tune done since I have a gm dealership close in Albuquerque. But, any other advice about the tune is appreciated. It is going to be some time before I can do all of this, so I was planning on getting the parts and then have everything done when I get back to the states.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 08:26:27 AM »
Like GJ said, modify your car first and get the tune suited for your equipment. 

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »
If all he is getting is the GMPP tune, then it does not matter what he gets 1st.
My advice is go with the GMPP tune, it is going to give you your monies worth when you get it.
The rest of the stuff is just icing on the cake, since $$$ value per return performance on these add ons, will never match the $$ value the tune gives you.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 02:01:21 PM »
CruiserVic,

LV is right.  I forgot to mention that about the GMPP.  I was thinking aftermarket tune.  Either way, the tune is by far the best bang for the buck. 

GJ

Offline cruiservic

• Upgraded Member
  • Tech
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2010, 11:29:14 AM »
Thanks for the info. Basically, I want to get the GMPP tune, the backbone and the probeam for sure, then possibly the exhaust with the Solo high flow cat and mach shorty. That is about all I was considering. Any other suggestions that would be decent mods that would be of benefit?

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 11:54:36 AM »
With the coupe, you will need resonators with the mach shorty.  Jeff from Solo Performance has them.

Offline cruiservic

• Upgraded Member
  • Tech
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 10:04:42 PM »
Thanks! If I do not want the resonators, is there a satisfactory alternative other than the mach shorty? I am just trying to get all my little duckies in a row so I get no surprises.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »
cruiservic  ;  You want the Weaters Tune after you get the other things done .You won't  regret it one little bit. " That will make your whole ride come Alive.     :yay:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2010, 10:19:48 AM »
Thanks! If I do not want the resonators, is there a satisfactory alternative other than the mach shorty? I am just trying to get all my little duckies in a row so I get no surprises.

I went with a street race Solo system with some very nice resonators grafted in but it was too loud - an annoying drone, something to do with the acoustics of the coupe only.

I went with the Mach system and it is fine.  They advised against the shorty as might drone excessively.
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
1958 MGA Twincam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Bill in BC

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2010, 08:39:36 AM »
Question about the coupe and resonators.  I'm leaning toward the shorty/high flow cat system, but am unclear it the resonators come welded on with that set up, or do you have to bolt them on yourself or take them to a muffler shop and have them welded on?

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2010, 09:12:37 AM »
Solo uses a wide clamping band that does not require welding.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline cruiservic

• Upgraded Member
  • Tech
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2010, 10:50:52 PM »
Thanks for the info. It all helps to start thinking about what should be done, needs to be done, or just fun/enjoyable to be done. I may be coming back to the states sometime in July or August of 2011, so I will have a 2009 GXP coupe with 500 miles on it, ready to have some of the mods you all have suggested. I already have the soft top, the tune kit (not installed yet), the storage saddle that sits on the trans. tunnel. Now, after next payday I will order the backbone and the probeam. Any other suggestion for should be done or needs to done stuff????