Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: How to clean Mass Air Flow sensor  (Read 30726 times)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: How to clean Mass Air Flow sensor
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 08:18:00 AM »
I have cleaned mine even was looking perfect condition, no problems before or after that.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Brad Kenny

• Gearhead
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 11:55:40 AM »
Thanks all for you inputs. I plan on getting my can of MAF cleaner today and go out and clean mine. I have been getting some oscillations in my throttle position (looking at dashhawk) while in cruise control but am not throwing any CEL's. Thought I'd start with the easy stuff first.
Continental Tires
DDM Works
StunnerLights.com
ASAP Graphics
King Penn
V-LEDs
Superbright LEDs

Offline kennysabarese

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 11:57:35 AM »
I thought that was the whole point of cruise control was to oscillate the throttle for you....
2007 Sky Redline - Wester's Tuned - GMPP sensors - RMR Roll Bar - Kirkey Seats
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List
kennysabarese.com - Photos - Facebook - Twitter - RSS

Offline Brad Kenny

• Gearhead
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2010, 12:00:48 PM »
Very noticeable oscillations and having power loss issues at medium rpms. Car has been running fine up to this point.
Continental Tires
DDM Works
StunnerLights.com
ASAP Graphics
King Penn
V-LEDs
Superbright LEDs

Offline TecSolOnt

• Master Tech
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2010, 02:27:16 PM »
 I've  cleaned mine with contact cleaner twice  this summer. Doesn't hurt to spray it down. I find that it runs much nicer after a cleaning.  First time I ran into issues was I was getting very hard downshifts with my automatic and on another thread someone said clean the MAF.  Surprisingly that fixed the issue right away and I found the car shifting silky smooth , running better.  |Haven't a clue how the tranny software works with the ECM and MAF , just know a clean MAF makes it all work better.  So since that after about 1500 miles I noticed the downshifts and upshifts getting a little harder and sure enough cleaning the MAF , right back to normal.  Maybe it's more of an issue with the supercharged cars , they do run richer which might add to the contamination issue with the MAF.

DDM ST II Supercharged , DDM Pro Beam, DDM Backbone, Solo Performance Mach Exhaust, Norms Diffuser Valance, Kappa Windscreen, Sound Deadener

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2010, 06:50:48 PM »
Haven't cleaned mine in 54k. Still running great, but I notice my MPG is down on avg. 2mpg over the last 3mos. Was get 29.5 to 30.5 mpg on my 120 round trip to work. Now I'm avg. 27.5 to 28.5 mpg.

Mike

Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2010, 09:28:02 PM »
Will Carbon -Tetrachloride work just as well ?  I have cleaned 12 volt electric motors with this stuff running and lower it allthe way in container.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Brad Kenny

• Gearhead
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 09:25:01 AM »
Thank you everyone for your input. I still have not done this, but it is on my short list of things to do this week.
Continental Tires
DDM Works
StunnerLights.com
ASAP Graphics
King Penn
V-LEDs
Superbright LEDs

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 12:47:19 PM »
Time for me to do this also, Pep Boys just around the corner. :drive:

Offline Yogi

• Master Tech
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2010, 05:45:53 PM »
Will Carbon -Tetrachloride work just as well ?  I have cleaned 12 volt electric motors with this stuff running and lower it allthe way in container.
I wouldn't use carbon tet for anything!  Too toxic!  Liver cancer in a bottle! 
2008 Saturn Sky Red Line
2.0 Turbo LNF
5 Speed Manual
Snowflake Wheels
Monsoon Sound System
Leather Seats

Offline Bills86e

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2014, 08:58:37 AM »
Whats the secret to unplugging the sensor connector?  It has a little white thingy in the middle of it.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2014, 09:30:03 AM »
Normally, the "white thingy" is the tab-lock.  Pull the "white thingy" out away from the connector, then press the (now freed) tab down to release.

HOWEVER, mine does not have a tab lock, so I'm not sure what you mean.  I can just squeeze the connector and pull it off.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:48:53 AM by TomatoSoup »
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2014, 08:19:55 PM »
Scanner