Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Looking for Auto dimming Mirror w/ enhancements  (Read 41661 times)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Looking for Auto dimming Mirror w/ enhancements
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2011, 02:36:16 PM »
That I'm not sure. I believe it was an optional mirror in those cars.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2011, 02:50:07 PM »
is there any specific year HHR mirror that I need to buy or does it matter...
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake
Dakota Digital EG, Boost Gauage, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure
DDM Probeam, Backbone, IC Pipes, Coilcover Cross Brace
JPM Shifter, Center Console
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »
where is everyone buying there mirror from...
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Kappa Intake
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2011, 06:56:45 PM »
If you are looking to buy a used one keep an eye on eBay as they pop up from time to time. LKQ often has them. Be sure though that the mirror you buy has the map lights on it as well though as some do not. As a general rule, if it doesn't say that it has map lights on the mirror, it probably does not.

If the map lights are small as in the listing above, then they are the LED lights.

You could always check your local auto recycler as well.

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2011, 12:44:37 AM »
Sly Bob ; You will have to copy and paste on ebay in scerach area he has 5 and other things but mainly mirrors

Gentex 261 Onstar Auto-dim Mirror with Compass and Temp
Item Id: 250768850170

I Was talking with this Dealer and he knows all the ins and outs of these Mirrors and is willing to answer any and all Questions about the hook up and wiring . I told him about our Forum.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:16:50 AM by 1 LIL NDN, Reason: more info »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2011, 03:54:24 AM »
Sly Bob ; You will have to copy and paste on ebay in scerach area he has 5 and other things but mainly mirrors

Gentex 261 Onstar Auto-dim Mirror with Compass and Temp
Item Id: 250768850170

I Was talking with this Dealer and he knows all the ins and outs of these Mirrors and is willing to answer any and all Questions about the hook up and wiring . I told him about our Forum.

Thanks good find, I will be ordering this next week, maybe someone at the mod meet can install it for me..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:16:22 PM by DeepBlueGXP, Reason: fixed quote »
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Kappa Intake
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2011, 09:07:35 AM »
IBDRINKEN ; This is what the Dealer told me.

Bobby,
 Any mirror I sell is actually intended as universal, and can go in anything with a windshield. 99% of all cars use the same wedge mount, and if they don't, you just glue one on. Every mirror i sell will be simplified to only the four necessary wires. The onstar mirrors are just something I figured out for all the new GM trucks that come with a basic mirror. I seem to be the only person who figured out how to add the t/c/dim mirror while keeping onstar. Dealerships won't even attempt it. I know the wiring of virtually every gentex mirror

I ordered one and will know in couple days
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2011, 09:18:40 AM »
Thanks Bobby. I punched in the item number and went to "see other items" and as you said, he has mostly mirrors. The one that you listed the item number for though, doesn't appear to have map lights in it.

He includes the temperature sensor with his mirrors though as well as instructions for hookup and his prices are reasonable. Thanks for the heads up although I don't think I'll be changing the HHR mirror that I have now.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cgshaw2010/m.html

For those that are looking at these mirrors, if it doesn't say that the mirror has map lights, it probably does not. Be sure to check with the vendor as it'll be awfully dark in the cabin without those lights.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:22:35 AM by Sly Bob »

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2011, 10:56:28 AM »
Sly Bob ; I think "2k4u" Steve modified his like this last year with lights. This guy told me he could walk me through the change .I will ask If I send him mine could he do it
Mods

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2011, 11:11:04 AM »
Yeah Bobby he did and it looked really good. I just didn't want someone to look at the link that I posted and think it was exactly what they needed. Plug and play as it were.

I remember someone some time ago buying what they thought was the right mirror but it didn't have the lights. The description on eBay didn't say that it had lights and he didn't ask the question.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2011, 11:56:34 AM »
This Dealer said he hasn't seen one with lights and everything else with On Star
Mods

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2011, 01:11:27 PM »
I believe that to be true if you are looking for a mirror with the temperature read out.

Too bad we were never able to figure out how to get the temperature read out on the DIC. Not that it really matters as it's either warm enough to put the top down or it isn't. After that it's irrelevant.  :D

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2011, 03:19:34 PM »
Sly Bob ; I am driving an HHR rental and it has the same Info package cluster as the Sky and Solstice . This one has the temp sensor and the read-out on the dash. I'll see if I can Locate where it goes and let you know "May just work"
Mods

Offline Imaj

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2011, 09:06:22 PM »
Is there a Homelink, Temp, lights option? I do not see it. Bummer.

Offline FieroVin

• Tech
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2011, 07:59:24 PM »
Does anyone know if the mirror from the Corvette would work?  Like this one: Ebay

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2011, 08:30:41 PM »
i dont think it would as he vette has the airbag indicator in it as well....
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Kappa Intake
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline solstice 361

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »
does anyone have any spare rear view mirror connector pins?  I picked up an HHR mirror on ebay, but I need two additional pins for the connector.

Offline FieroVin

• Tech
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2014, 12:11:43 AM »
I know this is an old thread, but I finally got around to trying this and bought an HHR mirror, but it didn't come with a pigtail.  Can anyone tell me which female terminal is needed for the 16 pin connector, and is that 16 or 18 guage wire?  If anyone knows of a good source for the terminals that would be great too.  Thanks.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »
Your GM dealer probably has the crimp terminals on their parts shelf, they may or may not have the connector body.  Often times the part number for the connector and the terminals is in the maintenance manual for the car, there should be a pin out for the terminal and the PN is usually in the same area.  The dealer ship may or may not help you find this information.  Ask which tech does their electrical work and that guy can probably help you find the PNs.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2014, 05:54:45 PM »
Do you need a plug? Can't use your old one that's in the car? As far as pin outs go, this post will give you that information and 18 guage should be lots.

http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,441.msg45545.html#msg45545
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 05:58:04 PM by Sly Bob »

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2014, 07:44:57 PM »
Just looking for a read and saw this mod. My wifes Acadia has the autodimming and I like this idea for the Sol.

I see we need to add a wire into slot 13 and run the wire through to a 12V accessory fuse that is not constant. I wasn't seeing if the temp was addressed and if it can be wired in too with a sensor added. If it can, what exactly do I need to buy to add this? Is the temp in slot 9?
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »
Get the version with the back up camera screen while you're at it.  :thumbs:
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2014, 08:51:08 PM »
Which version would you get that has the back up cam in it
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Kappa Intake
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2014, 09:54:09 PM »
Which version would you get that has the back up cam in it

And not lose the maplights?

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2014, 10:05:52 PM »
After this re-raising the HHR mirror swap idea, I've finally got around to ordering whiter LEDs to replace the overly "warm' ones in the standard HHR mirror.  Will let you know how it goes.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)