Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Looking for Auto dimming Mirror w/ enhancements  (Read 41351 times)

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
Re: Looking for Auto dimming Mirror w/ enhancements
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2010, 11:38:41 PM »
Wow!  That's awful kind of you.  I guess I'll get back to you when I get around to ordering one.

And please, if anyone else knows an online source for the pins, I'd greatly appreciate it.  If they sell them in quantity, I wouldn't mind sending out extras of mine to others that end up getting mirrors with map lights.

If the pins from the harness on our cars are the ones that you need, I can send you what you a couple gratis when I pick up my mirror from the states on Monday. I'll have a few extra.

Take a few moments to update your location in your profile as it makes it a lot easier to get help in instances like this when people can see at a glance where you are from.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2010, 11:51:58 PM »
Sly Bob   ---> when you come through Customs The first exit theres a Texico Station . Thats where I stopped when comming back to MD. He had a little bit of everything in there . I think there was an Auto Zone or something down the street. He would know he also had a few Late model Junkers there probly for Parts .Unless you want to drive to Johnstown for another Auto Zone . He worked on my PT there. was Cheap to and friendly.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2010, 12:08:43 AM »
Wow!  That's awful kind of you.  I guess I'll get back to you when I get around to ordering one.

And please, if anyone else knows an online source for the pins, I'd greatly appreciate it.  If they sell them in quantity, I wouldn't mind sending out extras of mine to others that end up getting mirrors with map lights.

PM me your address when you know what you need and I will send them out. Glad to do it as another member here helped me out a while ago when I was in a bind. What goes around, comes around.

Hey, us Canadians have to stick together!   ;)
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2010, 12:23:09 AM »
Sly Bob   ---> when you come through Customs The first exit theres a Texico Station . Thats where I stopped when coming back to MD. He had a little bit of everything in there . I think there was an Auto Zone or something down the street. He would know he also had a few Late model Junkers there probly for Parts .Unless you want to drive to Johnstown for another Auto Zone . He worked on my PT there. was Cheap to and friendly.
I come across the Rainbow bridge as there isn't the line up there that you usually get at the Queenston-Lewiston bridge, unless you are talking the Peace bridge in Buffalo? The business that I get my stuff delivered to over there is about 2 minutes from the border across the Rainbow. The Autozone isn't too far from there on Pine st.

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2010, 11:27:01 AM »
I always thought they called it the "Rainbow" bridge due to the arch design, until this... taken from the park on the American side of the horseshoe falls, a stone's throw from the Rainbow Bridge:
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2010, 12:22:05 PM »
Looks different from the U.S. side.  ;)

It really is a nice area in the summer. In the winter too for that matter. The ice formations from the freezing mist coming from the falls can be incredible.

http://www.pbase.com/michaelsv/niagara_falls

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2010, 05:33:25 PM »
Picked up the mirror today and for $46 with shipping it was a heck of a deal. I picked up an "add a circuit" and now all I have to do is get the car out of storage so I can do the install. Going to pick up 10 ft. of pink and 10 ft. of green 18 gauge wire tomorrow on the way home from work.

That windshield interior trim pulls off like the door sills? Just grab it and pull?   :idk:

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2010, 06:39:45 PM »
That windshield interior trim pulls off like the door sills? Just grab it and pull?   :idk:
Only if you want to break it :)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.) You have to unscrew the sunvisors first - but then you probably knew that.  After that, it's grab and pull.  A-pillars are grab and pull too.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2010, 06:52:10 PM »
Was that grab... and then pull?   :poke:

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2010, 10:42:49 AM »
Welllllll... you could try pulling first, then grabbing  :idk:

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2010, 09:08:35 AM »
I pull back the plastic to create enough space to use a large flat tip screwdriver and insert that against the clip, twist the screwdriver and it pops the clip out of the slot.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2010, 10:31:21 AM »
I pull back the plastic to create enough space to use a large flat tip screwdriver and insert that against the clip, twist the screwdriver and it pops the clip out of the slot.

That worked great Joe, thanks for the tip.  :thumbs:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2011, 07:34:29 PM »
Dark Tech bought the HHR mirror and received it.  The plug came with the chopped off harness.

What I need to know is how to remove the a pin from the old harness so he can stick in plug it into spot 13 of the stock harness to (accessories 12v needed)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2011, 07:39:36 PM »
never mind, found it on page 2 of this thread

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »
never mind, found it on page 2 of this thread
How soon we forget...   :lol:

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 08:46:16 PM »
I'm going to have to do this sometime soon, well at least order the mirror for delivery to Joe's  :)
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2011, 10:17:49 PM »
Yeah it's an easy and great little mod. With my in dash nav unit the compass is a little redundant.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2011, 10:14:33 AM »
That is on the list of things to do as well.  I now have Nav unit radios in all the other cars.  Just can't decide what I want Joe to put into the Sol.  Maybe I will ask for his recommendation, see what he wants to install  :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:27:55 PM by Critterman »
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline JimVonBaden

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2011, 01:15:58 PM »
OK, I am a little dim sometimes. What exact mirror do we want that works the easiest? Which one has the map lights and auto dimming plus compass that works?

Thanks,

Jim :cool:
Never think you are forgotten!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2011, 02:10:23 PM »
Careful though Jim, the one that I listed above has LED lights but some listed on eBay don't. They really work well in our cars though although it's not a plug and play installation. Almost but not quite...

Also try to get one that has the plug of the harness attached as you'll need another pin or two to complete the installation.

Offline JimVonBaden

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2011, 02:25:30 PM »
Great, thanks. IIRC the LED needed a resistor? Is that correct?

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2011, 02:30:46 PM »
No those LED lights that are integrated into the mirror don't require any changes. All that is required for installation is power for the compass and a wire to turn off the dimming when the car is in reverse if you wish.

Offline JimVonBaden

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2011, 02:32:47 PM »
OK, great. Do all the HHR mirrors have auto dimming, and map lights?