Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: XM getting all screwed up and I'm getting...  (Read 4193 times)

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
XM getting all screwed up and I'm getting...
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:01:39 PM »
...impatient. Since the XM/Sirius merger, The Weather Channel is gone, the channels keep changing  :huh:
I am displeased to say the least. Some of you from TWW know I can be quite temperamental :gaah:

However, there seems to be great improvement in the TOONZ, as in music, MUSAK, er :( Sinatra, ole blue eyes  :woohoo:

Can anyone help me find XM Weather :nuts:

Oh, here is the auto reply I got back in response to my complaint  :(

"XM is proud to announce our exciting new lineup.  Along with your favorites, we have added new channels, shows, legendary DJ's and celebrity hosts, giving you more of what you love about satellite radio.  You'll get 69 commercial-free music channels covering all genres of music, including new channels like Bruce Springsteen's E Street Radio, the Grateful Dead Channel, Elvis Radio, Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville, Siriusly Sinatra, Metropolitan Opera Radio, Eminem's Shade 45, Jam On, Little Steven's Underground Garage and more.  Plus, you'll also get new personalities and exclusive shows like Barabara Walters, Chris Mad Dog Russo and Jeff Foxworthy.  And, even more entertainment including Doctor Radio, Blue Collar Radio and the Foxxhole.

Everything you need to know about the new lineup is online at www.xmradio.com/newlineup.  Download the new channel guide and keep it by your radio.  With all of the new programming and personalities, Everything Worth Listening To is Now on XM."

This is doooooooofy, change is ok but I want THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON XM :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :brnout: :cryin:

2012 Summer SOLSTICE In The Land Of SKY

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
Re: XM getting all screwed up and I'm getting...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:31:33 PM »
Step 1 - Put your top down.

Step 2 - Look up.

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:38:54 PM »
Weather for DC is on 214. I don't think that helps you though.

Try 184 or 247.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »
I was happy with the old XM stations.  If the ones I have preset change, I will not be a happy camper.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 09:32:10 PM »
spiky is going to have to put the top back and look up, jus like me on a star lit night

:idk:

"Thank you for contacting XM.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your email. 

We are more than happy to assist you with your inquiry. In light of our recent program changes, channel 125 (The Weather channel) is no longer aired on XM programming. However, you can continue to hear the latest national and regional weather on WEATHER EMERGENCY channel 247. Plus, all your local weather is still available on INSTANT TRAFFIC & WEATHER channels 210 through 230.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to send an additional email or you may contact a Listener Care Representative directly at 1-800-XM RADIO (800-967-2346). Our Listener Care Center's hours of operation are as follows:

Monday - Saturday: 8 AM - 11 PM ET
Sunday: 8AM - 8PM ET

Thank you,

Atacia"

:poke:

Offline Cheers

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 09:37:33 PM »
 :agree: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :nuts:

lil goat

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:21:54 PM »
I always liked Sirius better, so I am happy, sorry. I love 1st Wave and Classic Rewind (both from Sirius) They are still reworking things, and making zero money, stock is at 14 cents a share, I am glad they are still here!

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 07:41:33 AM »
I also like sirius but not the stock.  I bought it at a little under 3 bucks a share and sold it when it went to around 6 bucks a share.  I was really happy but then it went to 8 bucks a share and I thought, Wow, this is really going to zoom.  So I bought it again at around 8 and it went back to 2 bucks and I sold it. 

Anybody want financial advice from me?
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 11:01:13 AM »
:lol:

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »
cost of service went up as well buck forty a year.

GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

lil goat

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 07:43:33 PM »
I also like sirius but not the stock.  I bought it at a little under 3 bucks a share and sold it when it went to around 6 bucks a share.  I was really happy but then it went to 8 bucks a share and I thought, Wow, this is really going to zoom.  So I bought it again at around 8 and it went back to 2 bucks and I sold it. 

Anybody want financial advice from me?

SHUT UP CHUCK, it is now 14 cents a share, you did good! Some of us still have our stock!

Offline Lucy'sDaddy

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
    • Lucy's cardomain page
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 09:41:54 PM »
I have both XM and Sirius in my Monte Carlo Intimidator SS, but have had only Sirius active the last 2 years. I've thot that Sirius had better quality of broadcasting, as in CD quality vs mp3 quality. They have NASCAR, also. No weather channel here, either.

I have a renewal coming up in March, and am thinking of going with the lifetime subscription, which figures to something like 2 1/2 years of cost.

Offline Zupf De

• Founding Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 01:10:54 AM »
I love the new Sirius/XM deal, Radio Margaritaville is now on XM55, and just bought some SIRI at .1295 and it is already up almost 6%.  :woohoo:

Offline SHEZOOMM

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 12:00:05 PM »
Never listened to the radio until XM arrived...Yes XM 55 is great.....
If your car is stored for the winter months..don't forget to ask for a discount...
saved me about $70.00 last year..
 :ca:

Offline MomsSol

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »
How many with XM also listen to the ONLINE access?

I, for one, enjoy this feature .... especially around Christmas when I could listen to nothing but Christmas music (had three choices of channels).  Plus, did you know there are some online channels that you don't get on the radio  ;)
Just here to help a friend! :thumbs:
True Lady Gearhead :)
We'll Miss You PONTIAC! :cryin:

Offline toolibus

• Founding Member
  • Tech
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 12:18:21 PM »
Well you can blame our wonderful government for the stock woes of Sirius/XM.  There was definitely some money payoffs for some POS political figures.  I am not 100% sure of the rank but I know that the merger was in the top 3 all-time longest mergers.  The FCC approval took 16 months.  The Exxon/Mobil went through quicker.  These two companies just had to sit there and keep bleeding money, not sure which way to go while the A-holes in Washington drug this thing out because in some warped universe Sirius and XM would form a monopoly that would devastate the consumer...Give me a break, how much money does it take to make yourself sound so stupid.  It's not just that I have a vested interest in the thing but the blatant lack of intelligence of our "LEADERS" and the corrupt way they operate.  Its no wonder our country is getting worse year after year.  While we were heading for a terrible economic crises these retards were worried about Sirius/XM becoming a monopoly.  I am sorry it just makes me angry.

Offline xtrememedic

• Founding Member
  • Tech
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 01:37:43 PM »
 :mad: they screwed up channel 12 which was Cross Country to Outlaw Country it really makes me want to  :barf:

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 10:11:56 PM »
I know and now they got Buffet and outlaws thatz gud but I want JOHNNY CASH toooo!

:gaah:  :gaah: :dancing: :cryin: :gaah: :gaah: