Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Go buy a DashDAQ!  (Read 11980 times)

Offline bluemangxp

• Founding Member
  • Tech
Re: Go buy a DashDAQ!
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 01:32:39 AM »
THe Dash DAQ is very interesting. I also would like to know where you got the instrument cluster in blue shown in the first video. Black Cat? It looks very nice.

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 05:49:50 AM »
I haven't really thought about anything more "permanent" as a mount.  My goal is to have it easily removable so I can get it out of sight if I'm parking somewhere remotely questionable, or if I'm parking somewhere that I want to leave the top down.  I know it only keeps the honest people honest, but...

The gauge cluster is from Black Cat.  It's white with dark blue letters and the blue LED upgrade.  I did some work to get the needles back to red. More info on all of that can be found here:  http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=3695.0

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 07:50:19 AM »
Speaking of the SC, what's the status brother?

I got an e-mail from DDM on Friday, they are shipping it out on Tuesday - will probably be here Wed. or Thurs., the last time they shipped something to me it was here the next day.

2kwik, have you tried the windshield suction cup mount? Just curious how well that would work.

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 04:49:38 PM »
Yes, the windshield suction cup mount worked great.  I just like having it a little closer so that I can read it better.  Plus this way I could put my socket(s) next to the shifter and not have to make my cables too long to stow away in the glovebox when I take the whole thing down.

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 07:07:03 AM »
Great, thanks for the feedback.