Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: CA/HI Highway  (Read 10199 times)

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Re: CA/HI Highway
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 07:40:56 PM »
BellaVerda,

You don't have to have any performance items to be part of our forum.  Some of us have been hired on as funny people.  We don't even know how to drive!  KWhale is actually blind (no offense to any blind people reading this :) ) and SA, well, he is only let out of his padded room on special occasions, and never without a secruity detail.

Congrats on the Solo set up.  What's next?  Tune? (Heard there is a decent tune for the NA.  Don't know much about it, but there is one DDMWorks I believe) Supercharger? Any thoughts?

GJ

BellaVerda, if you have not realized it by now, I am sure that the posts by Gentleman Jack and Sol Asylum, the self styled founders of the bridge has provided some entertainment for you.  You must realize that since you are new to the forum, and have just begun to mod your pride and joy, that there seems to be a power struggle going on between Gentleman Jack and Sol Asylum!  As stated they admit that they want to mooch on everyone else, so that they do not have to ever work again!  Now, don't be taken in by this plan of theirs.  You are new to the forum and I am here to provide some some sort of security blanket to you, so that you can stand up to the bluffs of the co founder's.  I believe that they, by their own words are not interested in working further, and they see this as an opportunistic way to a free ride!  I warn you BellaVerda, please do not be taken in by these scam artists.  Keep your eyes and ears alert to danger.

Welcome to the forum BellaVerda.  We like to have a lot of fun poking jokes at each other.  Nice to see you have started to Mod.  
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 07:56:10 PM »
finally Bella finally, you start moding after 4 years :)  Wellcome aboard
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 10:20:31 PM »
me an BellaVerde IZ bruduhs  :kwh:

Like me he trashed the first one   :gaah:

When hiz warrentee is up  :drag:
2012 Summer SOLSTICE In The Land Of SKY

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 12:51:54 AM »
BellaVerda, if you have not realized it by now, I am sure that the posts by Gentleman Jack and Sol Asylum, the self styled founders of the bridge has provided some entertainment for you.  You must realize that since you are new to the forum, and have just begun to mod your pride and joy, that there seems to be a power struggle going on between Gentleman Jack and Sol Asylum!  As stated they admit that they want to mooch on everyone else, so that they do not have to ever work again!  Now, don't be taken in by this plan of theirs.  You are new to the forum and I am here to provide some some sort of security blanket to you, so that you can stand up to the bluffs of the co founder's.  I believe that they, by their own words are not interested in working further, and they see this as an opportunistic way to a free ride!  I warn you BellaVerda, please do not be taken in by these scam artists.  Keep your eyes and ears alert to danger.

Welcome to the forum BellaVerda.  We like to have a lot of fun poking jokes at each other.  Nice to see you have started to Mod.  

Slanderous lies I tell you its all lies.  GJ we should sue Ron take the proceeds and use those to fund the bridge unless its enough that we never have to work a day in our lives again in which case we just take the money and run.

Neither GJ or myself are in this for a free ride.  We prefer to drive!
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 01:01:21 AM »
:drive:

:yay:

GJ
Make the right choices now

Offline BellaVerde

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 11:51:13 AM »
I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!  But I venture onto the WW in the other forum occasionally, and free-riders are loud and clear in there.  NOW, if they had enough imagination to start a bridge fund for some actual capitalistic enterprise, I'd be pleased as punch!

About the mod...sent the ECM off to Vector this very AM!  Did not do the core thing, so she is down for the duration.  I do expect the DDM coil cover to arrive today...got it in transparent gold...should look good.

Most of mods to date have been non-performance related:  Van's BU lite covers, mild debadge, DDM underhood light, Windrestrictor Version 2, WR door sills, HID conversion, switch to Goodyear GT1's so it doesn't float during rain, antenna shortening, and billet grilles.  *****charging is often thought about, but I'll stay NA for now.

By the way, 5000 miles X 5280 feet/mile X 60 feet minimum width X $200 per sq. ft. = $316.8 billion;  that's only about a $1000 per US citizen!  Let's get started!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 07:28:04 PM by BellaVerde, Reason: missed mile by 30 feet »

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
 :agree: on those $$, cheap road. Would it be paved?

You should have gone to Canton and got DDM stuff including their toon :poke:

Only thing is, I smell something with this room thing of gettin bumped from Fagfield to La sQuatta  :nuts:
Me an Mommie Dearest ARE NOT sleepin under some dayum bridge  :gaah:

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 08:11:35 PM »
:agree: on those $$, cheap road. Would it be paved?

If we built a dirt or gravel road suspension bridge that should drop the cost quite a bit shouldn't it?  What if we just used GJ's empty GJ bottles?  If we sealed them up they would float, Al Gore would be happy because we would be recycling, we can get them free from GJ if we can get him to stop tonguing the damn things.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 09:55:25 PM »
  :agree: Glassfault sounds better to me than ASSfault   :2c:

i figured GJ throwed em empties out the window while  :crazy: just to hear them boddles bust  :lol:

Offline BellaVerde

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2010, 07:35:40 PM »
They were running a study on glassphalt at NCSU when I was there in 1973.  Seem the exposed glass aggregate (glaggregate?) was making the surface a bit, shall we say, SLICK!  Seems all attempts to make the crushed glass rough went for naught.

Why would you and the high school sweetie object to some submarine pillow-talk...coast dweller such as you!

May have something there with the recycling angle.  Heard of that vast mat of floating plastic junk in the Pacific?  Just round it up, put superglue all over it, pile it up deep enough to hold 72000 pounds spread over 28 feet for 50 years, and woilah!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2010, 08:58:22 PM »
Maybe we need to invent suction cup tires for use on our bridge.  We could then require that people buy our tires and voilĂ  we have another profit center.  GJ you ready to retire yet?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2010, 09:36:55 PM »
Maybe we need to invent suction cup tires for use on our bridge.  We could then require that people buy our tires and voilĂ  we have another profit center.  GJ you ready to retire yet?

I've been retireded since birth SA.  Quit picking on me.

GJ

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2010, 09:40:37 PM »
I thought that was lead/mercury poisoning, my bad.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2010, 11:37:22 PM »
That GOB of super glue and boddles sounds like' a fix for that John Wayne Hellfighters Unterzee blowout  :urock:

Offline BellaVerde

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »
That GOB of super glue and boddles sounds like' a fix for that John Wayne Hellfighters Unterzee blowout  :urock:

Watebber happened to good ol' Red Adair...I know, dead as JW.  Need someone kinda like dat, uno?

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »
Watebber happened to good ol' Red Adair...I know, dead as JW.  Need someone kinda like dat, uno?

Uh oh!  :o

Don't think da planners thought about needin Sea Bees on dis project   :usa:

The North Koreans could start shootin at da con struction krewe  :gaah:

ya know what Rush says, it could happen  :nuts:

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 09:17:38 PM »
I think all those people in Looseranna should look on the bright side.  With all that oil covering the water they are going to have a lot less mosquitoes.

GJ I think there is an attempt to hijack this thread by some people that speak some kind of foreign language.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2010, 02:20:41 AM »
I didn't notice! 

I read duckSol's posts sober so they make sense.  Then I go have a drink and read the rest.

I think we need to find a better surface than asssssphault or glass bottles.  I am thinking about creating a new form of recycling that noone has done before.  I will reveal it as soon as I think of it.  I like the floating bridge, but we need to keep shipping lanes open too. 

GJ

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2010, 10:35:28 PM »
That floatin bridge might werk I think  :huh:

Jus make it a swingin bridge  :lol:

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2019, 09:32:46 PM »
I know this is a OLD thread but I have to say you all can't be serious on that being a great road??
Nothing but flat water for how many miles??  Put me to sleep!!!
Look up and read Charles Swindol "Attitude"

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2020, 02:24:09 PM »
I know this is a OLD thread but I have to say you all can't be serious on that being a great road??
Nothing but flat water for how many miles??  Put me to sleep!!!

Flat water?  Have you ever been out on the Pacific Ocean?  The small rollers are bigger than the largest mountains in Eastern Illinois!

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2020, 05:44:37 PM »
Flat water?  Have you ever been out on the Pacific Ocean?  The small rollers are bigger than the largest mountains in Eastern Illinois!

Yeah...I lived 33 years in So Cal......sure there are waves, but it's ALL water..........and just water......boring.
Look up and read Charles Swindol "Attitude"

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2020, 09:32:23 PM »
Clearly you are not seeing the advertising potential here. Captive audience for that many hours and all those miles worth of advertising space.  Facebook wishes they could even compete with us!

East Central Hellinois mountains?  Oh yeah I stepped on one of those once, damn neighbors dog.
2007 Aggressive GXP