Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Remote turbo Setup  (Read 5418 times)

Offline Kuprito

• Master Tech
Remote turbo Setup
« on: December 05, 2009, 06:00:52 PM »
I found that:

LS2 base:

Solo + Magnaflow 3" exhaust
OZ Ultraleggera 19"
Rotora 4p front
Brembo 4p rear
LV Brace
Custom Backbone (1/2")

Offline perris

• Master Tech
Re: Remote turbo Setup
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »
any idea what kind of turbo that is?

a 900 horsepower sky..I think he's got to somehow get 4 wheel drive on the car to use it, he's got more horsepower then foot

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 07:10:39 PM »
the top 2 pics are only a Mock up the Weld joints are only tacked into place . You can see the line up marks for placement.So the Dyno Pic must be months Later.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Kuprito

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 07:14:12 PM »
the top 2 pics are only a Mock up the Weld joints are only tacked into place . You can see the line up marks for placement.So the Dyno Pic must be months Later.

No rear transmision either.
OZ Ultraleggera 19"
Rotora 4p front
Brembo 4p rear
LV Brace
Custom Backbone (1/2")

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 08:45:54 PM »
Kuprito ; What type and size Turbo's you using? 
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 08:59:19 PM »
If one listens to that engine, they hear that is a V8. It might be safe to assume that a 6 or 7 liter Corvette engine is up front. There are at least two rear turbo systems out there for C5 and 6 Vettes. I met a local at a Solo event and confirmed that there is juuuuuusssssssssttttt a bit of lag !!!!!! But when it hits, all hell breaks loose. I would like to know how those Vettes and the Sky in the video controls the heat getting into the fuel tank and trunk/passenger compartment.
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline Kuprito

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 04:56:35 AM »
I
If one listens to that engine, they hear that is a V8. It might be safe to assume that a 6 or 7 liter Corvette engine is up front. There are at least two rear turbo systems out there for C5 and 6 Vettes. I met a local at a Solo event and confirmed that there is juuuuuusssssssssttttt a bit of lag !!!!!! But when it hits, all hell breaks loose. I would like to know how those Vettes and the Sky in the video controls the heat getting into the fuel tank and trunk/passenger compartment.

I said it's an LS2... just read before the video link
OZ Ultraleggera 19"
Rotora 4p front
Brembo 4p rear
LV Brace
Custom Backbone (1/2")

Offline Kuprito

• Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 05:00:29 AM »
OZ Ultraleggera 19"
Rotora 4p front
Brembo 4p rear
LV Brace
Custom Backbone (1/2")

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 08:30:10 AM »
From the news section of that site:

Saturn Sky breaks 1000hp!!

08/02/09
At the 2008 Car Craft Nationals we brought the Camaro twin turbo and the Saturn Sky (twin turbo LS2) that you have probably heard about by now. We took home 1st & 3rd place power adder awards, making 809hp on the Saturn sky. That was all fine and good.. but we couldnt help wanting to add MORE POWER!!

We upgraded the LS2 internals, upgraded the turbos and completely custom re-mapped the ECU. After doing a few last minute tweaks and adjustments we threw it on the dyno, made a number of pulls and came up with our official numbers. We didnt just break 1000hp, we nearly shattered it @
1147hp/946ft-lbs and ALL at only 13.5lbs of boost!!!!

Needless to say, we are pleased with our results!

Offline kennysabarese

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 09:09:28 AM »
You can find out more about rear turbo systems at Squires Turbo Systems ststurbo.com

With a V8 who cares if there is lag! You get plenty of power down low.

2007 Sky Redline - Wester's Tuned - GMPP sensors - RMR Roll Bar - Kirkey Seats
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List
kennysabarese.com - Photos - Facebook - Twitter - RSS

Offline perris

• Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 09:22:52 AM »
you know, the turbo in the back offsets the added weight in the front, pretty sweet

I sent off an email wanting to find out how fast it cans spool, IF I were to go to a bigger turbo this is the way I might go

I can't stand that "turbo sound" they are bragging about though, sounds like chalk on board to me

Offline NormSky

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 09:25:20 AM »
Notice the cold side is run up through the frame rails from the turbos, hence the intercooler!  Pretty slick!  The steel cold side tubing would normally be enough to cool the charge.  :)

Norm
07 Sky Hahn Boosted - 44 MPG  40 mpg with air conditioning on.

Offline kennysabarese

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 09:28:05 AM »
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 10:23:16 AM »
I am guessing this car could only be driven in good weather....any puddles on the ground would not spell positive results, correct?

Just another question...let's just say a small pebble is kicked up into the spot on the turbo where the spooling occurs.  Could that possibly pose a "rock flying at lightning speed" hazard for someone on the side of the road or driving next to them in another car?  Just wondering.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline kennysabarese

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 11:04:36 AM »
they usually put normal air filters at the intake. the setup in this photo is not complete.

they will protect from water and debris. they work fine for many many kits with STS who has been doing rear mount turbos for years.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 10:55:02 PM »
SnapOn Bob It says it was a base LS2 V8  .think thats a 350 C.I.
Mods