Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Lambo Doors! If you wish to post pictures of any you have seen or that you own!  (Read 15348 times)

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Pretty much finished mine last night.  Still a few minor tweeks/adjustments to the hinges and fenders but all function as they should.

Uh, don't normally do this, but Gunnys GXP, a re-post is a no brain-er, absolutely awesome, the looks of your Deep GXP, simply stunning.  Thanks for posting even before the final adjustments had been completed.  Totally Awesome!!!!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 02:49:10 PM by DeepBlueGXP »
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
Uh, don't normally do this, but Gunnys GXP, a re-post is a no brain-er, absolutely awesome, the looks of your Deep GXP, simply stunning.  Thanks for posting even before the final adjustments had been completed.  Totally Awesome!!!!

Thanks.  And I still plan to be in your neck of the woods later this summer.  Hope to do lunch or diner with ya.  :thumbs:
07 Deep GXP auto.  A lot of cosmetic upgrades but not enough performace mods. YET.

Offline solid

• Tech
Damn Gunny.. Now I want one too, STOP TEMPTING ME~~~!!!
:P
Live everyday like shark week!

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
I have always had this thing for Lambo Doors and someday I will pull the trigger and go ahead with the deal.  I just think they are neat.  The first post picture on this thread was taken by my wife Carol and it shows Garync (Gary) from North Carolina, GXPinKC (Ron) and another man talking beside our two Aggressive GXP's at the Nashville Naional Meet.

If you have some pictures to post or a story to tell about your Verticle or Lambo Doors please do.

:ttiwwp:

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
For you guys looking for lambo doors, I would suggest that you look around before buying the VDI hinges (which seems to be one of the few available right now which is why the price is so high).
Check for local shops that do custom work, for example look for a place that works on DUB cars or something similar.

Thanks to forums I was able to find a place here in Southern California that will do a set of Custom bolt-on, 90 degree lambo doors.  The doors open all the way to 90 degrees or atleast really really close or you can choose to only raise your door to 45 degrees and the doors will stay put.  All that is needed is a minor cut on the inside of the fender (VDI I believe is both on the fender and the inner hood).  All of this for $800 installed.  Far better than the rest for about $1200 for just the hinges.  A forum member has these and she does shows with them for over a year so they are of good quality.
:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
Nice find Deep-GXP.

That's what I paid for my VDI's on a make offer listing on E-bay.  I would have loved the 90 degree option and if I were still in Cali would be heading down to get a set from your guy.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:00:42 AM by Gunnys GXP »
07 Deep GXP auto.  A lot of cosmetic upgrades but not enough performace mods. YET.

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Thanks for all the posts guys and gals.  Anymore out there that want to post?  I love this thread.  Just can't get enough of them!

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

lil goat

For you guys looking for lambo doors, I would suggest that you look around before buying the VDI hinges (which seems to be one of the few available right now which is why the price is so high).
Check for local shops that do custom work, for example look for a place that works on DUB cars or something similar.

Thanks to forums I was able to find a place here in Southern California that will do a set of Custom bolt-on, 90 degree lambo doors.  The doors open all the way to 90 degrees or atleast really really close or you can choose to only raise your door to 45 degrees and the doors will stay put.  All that is needed is a minor cut on the inside of the fender (VDI I believe is both on the fender and the inner hood).  All of this for $800 installed.  Far better than the rest for about $1200 for just the hinges.  A forum member has these and she does shows with them for over a year so they are of good quality.

I would actually think about them if I could get 90 degrees, the VDI's just don't work for me, old age is a :censor: , and being an old power lifter my joints are shot.

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
I would actually think about them if I could get 90 degrees, the VDI's just don't work for me, old age is a :censor: , and being an old power lifter my joints are shot.

Sucks :(  Maybe I can find out how much he'd charge for the hinges and I can ship them over to you?
:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Careful buying VDI's on EBay, I was talking to Dave at DDM and there are a bunch of fakes out there.  I would only buy them from someone reputable.  Dave said a couple guys were having alignment issues and even a bent hinge.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Installed just this past weekend at SMMM5
Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic.  Once it stops raining here and I clean up the car, I will take some better pics.

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
This is a pic from Landscape of Tampa Bay Roadsters.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
elff & G8TR, thanks for posting the great shots of your Verticle Doors.  All I can say is "AWSOME"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Looks great Elf and G8TR.  My hinge squeak finally went away.  After almost a year, I still love my vertical doors.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
Lookin good elff & G8TR.  Nice work.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
All of them look awesome!  I am curious as to the look of the 90 degree doors....please post pictures of those when they are completed.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
There are some on the BB that were posted by MadMods a really long time ago.

All of them look awesome!  I am curious as to the look of the 90 degree doors....please post pictures of those when they are completed.

Offline Filipp

• Master Tech
Tammy has the 90 degree door kit because she was the one who gave us the hook up in California for them. So you can ask her to lift the doors all the way up. She says they do 45 and 90 depends how high you want to lift.

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech

Offline Filipp

• Master Tech
Don't think there lifted up 90degrees in that pic tho looks like a 45.

Offline smartin

• Banned
  • Master Tech
That was from her Saturn 360' Magazine article. Maybe this is better.

Offline madmods

• Tech
Heres a blast from the past:

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Madmods

You need to update your CarDomain page. Specifically where you say

"If you have a solstice, the only reputable site I recommend is solsticeforum.com"
to
If you have a solstice, the only reputable site I recommend is KappaPerformance.com"
 :thumbs:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
I think the 45 degree is a better parallel match to the hood when both are raised and I'm thinking maybe easier to get closed while seated but the 90 definatly make for a more comfortable opening to get in.