Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: LIPSTICK'S 800hp first LNF compound turbo/engine build!  (Read 199911 times)

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
Re: LIPSTICK'S 600hp first LNF compound turbo/engine build!
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2010, 10:08:43 AM »
hahaha!  Kelu is my personal assistant!  he basically knows all my plans since the beginning! lol!   Lots of changes during the 4 month planning....even before I announced the project. 

Anyways,  some of the major reasons why I went with compound set-up instead of twincharge are:
1.)  with a twin charge set-up, I have to buy a whole new SC kit which is a bit pricey for me (on top of having to deal with plumbing and etc expenses).

2.) I wanted to be different among all kappas

3.) and others......

COMPOUND TURBOS (GT2860r & GT4294r) goal 800hp

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:
https://www.facebook.com/SKY888CompoundTurbo

SPONSORS:
aeroforce.com, nitrofreeze.com, forgestar.com, splitsec.com, turbosmartonline.com, k1technologies.com, supertechperformance.com, specclutch.com, rceng.com, statusracing.com, tceperformanceproducts.com, burnsstainless.com, performanceautowerks.com, ddmworks.com, turbowerx.com, BTF

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2010, 10:40:40 AM »
Got it!
nontheless, there are no LNF with twincharger afaik....
keep us updated Sky888
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »
Sky888, had you considered using a supercharger and a turbo, like VW group does with the 1.4L TSI twincharger engine?
with this set up, you would have immediate low end torque and power throughout the rpm range and minimum lag.
i know it s TOO complicated, but i thought i d ask, since i believe u already have looked into it.

I have been talking to a certain vendor that has said installing the setup should be no problem. Its tuning the two to work together that will be the hardest part. I want to twincharge, cost too much $$$ right now, so it'll have to wait. In the interim, I'm going to stage 3 on my SC from DDM.
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2010, 09:00:46 PM »

anyways, some parts that just came from being cryo-treated:

Bates Billet Oil pump gears  and Bates Chain tensioner

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:
aeroforce.com, nitrofreeze.com, forgestar.com, splitsec.com, turbosmartonline.com, k1technologies.com, supertechperformance.com, specclutch.com, rceng.com, statusracing.com, tceperformanceproducts.com, burnsstainless.com, performanceautowerks.com, ddmworks.com, turbowerx.com, BTF

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2010, 09:32:56 PM »
Good pics,same as I have in my car. Half the fun is finding the right part and talking  to the right people.Gm racing used a manual adjustable chain tensioner that you had fabricate in part by threading the area the spring would sit in and replacing the spring with a bolt and double lock it with two nuts. Problem with that is you would be required to periodically check your chain tension. Leave it to Ray Bates to come up with a easy solution=Heavier spring
Bates cylinder sleeves/oil pump,Carillo Rods,Wiseco pistons,Ferrea valves/springs,CNC Race Ported head,Neutral balance shafts,CustomATI Damper,ZOK suspension,Custom Roll Bar and Wind Splitter by Chassis Concepts,6 pt Schroth harness,Extreme Dimension nose,Fidenza Flywheel/Spec3+ clutch,OZ ultrleggra wheels,Hoosier A6/R6 tires,Norms Fiberglass side vented fedders,side skirts and rear race bumper/fascia

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2010, 09:39:31 PM »
yeah!  Ray, is awesome!!!!

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline |V3nom|

• Tech
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2010, 10:24:52 PM »
a twincharge setup would be pretty sweet and unique for the lnf!  i wouldnt mind going that route.
08 Bluestone RL Manual
Wester's Race Tune
Solo Street Race with Two Magnaflow 5" Round Mufflers
8K HIDs Lows and Fogs
Lil Chromies
JPM Piston Shifter and Boot Cover
JPM Seat Belt Holders

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »
Thanks NITROFREEZE for the first batch of stuff that were cryo-treated (BATES shafts/chain tensioner spring/oil pump gears/rocker arms/head studs and SUPERTECH 78 lb springs/valve seats/titanium retainers and GMPP driveshaft! This will make sure that they are 30-50% more durable!

I was lucky enough that one forum member sold me a pair of LNF axles and driveshaft that were only used for 500 miles for only $200.    So I had them cryo-treated, and I'll have my current axles and driveshaft as a back-up :)

Next batch going for cryo-treatment will be SPEC clutch and flywheel, hubs/sliders, and more drivetrain parts.

and last batch will be the two turbos, manifold, and pipings....

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2010, 08:57:58 PM »
Looking good
Bates cylinder sleeves/oil pump,Carillo Rods,Wiseco pistons,Ferrea valves/springs,CNC Race Ported head,Neutral balance shafts,CustomATI Damper,ZOK suspension,Custom Roll Bar and Wind Splitter by Chassis Concepts,6 pt Schroth harness,Extreme Dimension nose,Fidenza Flywheel/Spec3+ clutch,OZ ultrleggra wheels,Hoosier A6/R6 tires,Norms Fiberglass side vented fedders,side skirts and rear race bumper/fascia

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2010, 03:35:22 PM »
this will be the set of wheels handling the power....

I received the set of Forgestar F14 Flow-formed wheels about 2 months ago, but didnt open them until recently since I was very busy.

thank you www.forgestar.com for the sponsorship!

Matte black 18" x 10" on all corners, only 18 lbs each ;)

they'll be wrapped with Nitto NT05 295/35/18 which will be perfect for my application :)

Here are some sneak peak photos....

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2010, 04:23:24 PM »
In regards to powertrain upgrades, Driveshaft Shop will sponsor me a set of:

pair of 600 whp Rear Axle Kit!   

These axles are sold and distributed by Autoperformance Werks!

I didn't go for the 1000 whp Rear axle kit, since this car will not be an all-out drag car.   Car will still remain a daily driver.....and   600 whp is plenty enough for my power goals :)

Rear axle upgrade includes  larger 34 spline high grade aircraft quality center bars, tripod style billet inner CV's with chromoly spline into the differential and a pair of races to convert the outer CV to fit the larger 34 spline bars. Kit also includes boots, clamps and grease.

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
Hey Sky888, nice looking rims!!! these will make your sky look real mean!
also nice to know that you are upgrading in total the car with rear axles.
may i ask a question:
i couldn't help noticing that almost all parts are sponsored..
how come?? are you going to be racing?
 are these shops also interested in expanding their sponsorships to Europe and in particulary Greece?  :D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 06:32:23 PM by Arabas »
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2010, 06:32:22 PM »
Howcome the car get sponsored?   It gets sponsored since it is a very different kappa build, and companies are very interested with the positive exposure it brings.  I go to tons of car shows and the car gets noticed all the time.  It wins its class 90% of the time.

I am planning to learn alot this summer.  Going to SCCA school, and also learn how to road race.   
Only thing I know is drag racing.   It's nice to know others as well :)

I am not a rich guy who will be able to spend tons of money on a car.   I need all the sponsorship that I can get.

I am glad that these companies, upon receiving my 10 page sponsorship proposal, all agree about my future goals for my car which also helps advertising their awesome products.

I'm not really sure about extending their sponsorships to Europe since most of their market is here.   But you are very welcome to apply, you'll never know until you do so :)

good luck.

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2010, 06:35:51 PM »
thx man, i was just making a joke about the european sponsorship ;)
though on my car all these parts would have agreat exposure...but limited only to beautiful women who know nothing about rear axles and forged pistons  :lol:

nice job on the sponsorship proposal you made! lucky you !  :thumbs:
H&R springs
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2010, 06:46:11 PM »
thats why even before buying the sky, I already had sponsorship plans.  I really don't care about warranty and etc, since I want to build my car right away.  I want to be the first to do stuff on the car, and make it look different........in order to be noticed by sponsors.   If I'll just start modifying my car right now, there's a lot of nice kappas out there, and it will be hard to get noticed.   For example, if I have a civic or 350z, there's no way that I'll get sponsored, since there are already built cars (civics/350z) out there that sponsors are interested in.  It will be very hard to get noticed....since those other cars are already ahead of the ball game.

Unlike in the kappa world, there are only a few that are noticeable and hooked-up to the level that companies are interested in.

And I'm glad that my plans 2 years ago......are all materializing now.

I think, it will be more feasible if you apply to European companies for sponsorship.  But I'm not sure if there are any out there that supports Kappas and how they view about european market.  You should research on it!

anyways, your women over there are very gorgeous!  The photos of kelu's girls......are amazing :)

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
Lipstick's FAT shoes
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2010, 05:13:11 PM »
Nitto just hooked me up with a set of Nitto NT05  295/35/18  ;)

They'll be responsible for putting the power to the ground.

fresh from Road Force balancing.....

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2010, 05:13:03 PM »
added to the build:

After a few days of custumizations-discussions and sponsorship details, DSS and I came to an agreement......and they were able to customize a  kit for Lipstick that will be used for most type of race applications.

DSS told me that the Kappa driveshaft is a very strong unit, and I should wait and see during my build.  If necessary, they'll also customize me a carbon fiber driveshaft.

WERKS currently is a supplier of DSS axle kits.

few weeks later.......the kit arrived today :)

All shafts will be dropped off to NITROFREEZE today for cryo-treatment

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2010, 05:18:28 PM »
You have done a lot to get this all together. It has been nice watching it along the way.

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2010, 05:25:43 PM »
thank you.   

It is a long process.

Still has a lot of stuff to do, and to customize.   Kappa doesn't have supporting aftermarket companies, unfortunately.

But I just keep on researching, and talking to different companies who will help me with my build.

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2011, 08:58:12 PM »
There's Lipstick right beside Project Scarab.

Lots of things coming together pretty soon!!! ;)

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2011, 02:41:59 AM »
Nice  :thumbs: Keep us updated
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Kuprito

• Master Tech
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »
Gr8!
Solo + Magnaflow 3" exhaust
OZ Ultraleggera 19"
Rotora 4p front
Brembo 4p rear
LV Brace
Custom Backbone (1/2")

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
Finally removed the transmission and will be sending every part to be CRYO-TREATED by Cryogenic Treatment, Cryo Treatment, Deburring & Deflashing    Spec Flywheel and pressure plate will also Cryo-treated.  Engine will be pulled out tonight! :)

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2011, 05:22:37 PM »
Sorry, both wheels and car are filthy.  And I'm sorry that the car is up on the lift....so the photos might not satisfy what you really wanted to see (how the car sits on the wheels.   The wheels are better looking in person, since the angle of the CONCAVE Forgrestar F-14 wheels can be seen better.

But here are the photos

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2011, 05:59:37 PM »
Man someone put graffity all over your car.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia