Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: LIPSTICK'S 800hp first LNF compound turbo/engine build!  (Read 199963 times)

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
Re: LIPSTICK'S 600hp first LNF compound turbo/engine build!
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »
that's ok!  They HELP me with the build :)
COMPOUND TURBOS (GT2860r & GT4294r) goal 800hp

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:
https://www.facebook.com/SKY888CompoundTurbo

SPONSORS:
aeroforce.com, nitrofreeze.com, forgestar.com, splitsec.com, turbosmartonline.com, k1technologies.com, supertechperformance.com, specclutch.com, rceng.com, statusracing.com, tceperformanceproducts.com, burnsstainless.com, performanceautowerks.com, ddmworks.com, turbowerx.com, BTF

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2011, 06:01:23 PM »
Can't wait for the finished product.  Same paint or going exotic?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »
Uhhhhmmmm........ actually Project Scarab and I were talking at SMG this afternoon.

Both of our cars might have a new look this summer! :)

I kinda told him what my plans are....and vice versa........

so we'll see what happens :)

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:
aeroforce.com, nitrofreeze.com, forgestar.com, splitsec.com, turbosmartonline.com, k1technologies.com, supertechperformance.com, specclutch.com, rceng.com, statusracing.com, tceperformanceproducts.com, burnsstainless.com, performanceautowerks.com, ddmworks.com, turbowerx.com, BTF

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2011, 04:42:17 PM »
BTF  GT3582R turbo kit has been removed.........and will be shipped out to the new lucky owner :)

Engine pulled out last night

some shots of the Forgestar F14 wheels when car is not up in the lift

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2011, 05:31:47 PM »
How many miles are on it?   You may want to concider changing the water pump while it's out. 

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2011, 05:41:28 PM »
about 30000 miles

do you think I should change the water pump now?  or just later?

thanks!

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2011, 06:45:11 PM »
well since you have it out and are tearing it down, it might be a good idea.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2011, 10:06:57 PM »
true! 

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2011, 12:25:40 AM »
Change the water pump...mine just went at 45k miles.  It was leaking badly.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2011, 07:24:33 AM »
Change the water pump...mine just went at 45k miles.  It was leaking badly.

steve only 45k and leaking already?   wow!

I guess change this now .....so I don't have to deal with this later...

thanks!

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2011, 09:10:46 PM »
SPEC clutch and Rear Differential will be dropped off tomorrow for cryo-treatment.  I'll pick them up Tuesday afternoon, and drop them off at SMG :)

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2011, 09:13:08 PM »
Aeroforce helped me out and sent me a Pyrometer kit and a pair of EGT probes.   Never even realized that they were available til Project Scarab mentioned them.   Thank you to both! :)

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline tony20Tgen

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2011, 10:20:43 PM »
WHats up sky888, hows the build going? I have been into mine for over 7 months now. I am hoping for a finished product within 6 weeks. I went with a t3 50 trim but with the .48 ar and thinking of swaping out the exhaust housing to a .63 or bigger. What do you think? you have had better success with marc and kevin as I havent been able to get intouch with either.

Offline tony20Tgen

• Apprentice/Gofer

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »
WHats up sky888, hows the build going? I have been into mine for over 7 months now. I am hoping for a finished product within 6 weeks. I went with a t3 50 trim but with the .48 ar and thinking of swaping out the exhaust housing to a .63 or bigger. What do you think? you have had better success with marc and kevin as I havent been able to get intouch with either.

kevin lives in MA area and I see him at the dragway in NH all the time.

you can try calling boost logic and see if he still works there, and maybe you can talk to him.

We literally just started a week ago unbolting stuff.

Bates Engineering already provided me with a block since last year....and its ready to bolt on. 

If everything works out well, we're hoping to be finished in a couple of months.

I read your whole thread a couple of days ago.   I felt your frustrations about the wait for DARTON finishing up your sleeves.   

in your combo, I think I'll go with the .63 AR

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2011, 11:17:05 PM »
Kevin Jewer is personally using .82 housing on his T3 50 trim small turbo...............and using s475 big turbo

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline tony20Tgen

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »
thanks for the help, I guess I'm a coupe months ahead of you in the process but then again you never know whats going to happen. We def need to keep in touch as things unfold. I also think Im going to get 2 back pressure gauges and 2 boost gauges to be able to really know whats going on in the mix. I will try the .63 because when we started the car and had it running for a while it seemed like there was a lot of extra heat being produced by the manifold. It may have been the back pressure you mentioned.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2011, 02:39:18 AM »
Nice gen build!  Keep us posted here on how it goes!
Make the right choices now

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2011, 07:12:28 AM »
thanks for the help, I guess I'm a coupe months ahead of you in the process but then again you never know whats going to happen. We def need to keep in touch as things unfold. I also think Im going to get 2 back pressure gauges and 2 boost gauges to be able to really know whats going on in the mix. I will try the .63 because when we started the car and had it running for a while it seemed like there was a lot of extra heat being produced by the manifold. It may have been the back pressure you mentioned.

Hey Tony,  yeah you're a couple month ahead of me! You'll probably know more thru experience compared to me.  I am no expert, and still learning every single day! :)   

The guy who joined your thread (Paul), is the best source.    I saw his build last year, and that inspired me as well.  I read his whole thread, and learned a lot from him.  Never really got the chance to communicate with him though.   At least he joined your build thread.

But I think he's selling his compound set-up, and building a new one?
I think it's best to ask him what he learned from his first set-up, and what needs to be changed on his future build

I have your cell # and I'll text you today!

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2011, 08:57:01 PM »
Just picked them up today! :)

Last year, I tried having my intercooler sprayer be annodized red, but the nice color easily faded away due to the harsh conditions (rocks/chips, rain, heat,  etc) it faces every single day.  This time, I had it powdercoated RED, and it will be more durable.

The stock driveshaft and the DSS rear axles were sprayed with Thermoplastic Spray and also clear coated.   This will make sure that they'll no longer have surface rust.

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »
Antonio, just wondering why you didn't get the drive shaft and axles powder coated along with the rest?

Looks sharp though.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2011, 11:53:08 AM »
thanks bob.

Problem with the driveshaft, is that it has that rubber that flexes, and will be PITA to remove and replace.  I believe it is also vulcanized rubber that is attached to the metal.  

With the powdercoat oven, I believe it goes up to 1600 degrees F, and that will surely melt the rubber.

With the thermoplastic spraying, it only goes to 200 degrees F, and they don't have to put the metal to an oven....and will be able to avoid the rubber.

In addition, the thermoplastic spraying is more durable than the powdercoating.  You literally need a professional "grinder" equipment to have it removed.

I like the color outcome of the powdercoat though! :)   Its good if its visible exteriorly.    Thermoplastic spray is hidden underneath the car, but will really prevent rust build up, very durable,  and still looks good

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2011, 12:36:04 PM »
Yeah I'd forgotten about the rubber on the shaft. Powdercoating though is baked at only about 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Some a little more and some less depending on the powder.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2011, 01:30:25 PM »
ooppssss I meant 600 degrees....not 1600 degrees.

yeah, powdercoating the hotter it is, the better.   The more it grabs on the metal...

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:

SPONSORS:

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2011, 01:39:03 PM »
Not entirely true, the tech sheets I have seen for the powdercoats that we use at work have a graph which plots temp vs soak time.  The hotter you go the shorter the bake time and vice versa.  They also include a min and max temp too because to high a temp will burn the paint to low and the paint won't flow out.
2007 Aggressive GXP